Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
2 of 3 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Getting ME Reveal Antsy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ME Reveal Antsy?

Kerbeck announced yesterday that it was talking deposits on the next generation Corvette. In that announcement there was typo that many have pounced upon, and that was when the writer, the lead Corvette person there, Dave Salvatore (a true gentlemen) used the word “may,” he inadvertently wrote it with a capital “M”, so it became “May.” That was a typo, yet many consequently think the reveal is imminent. — that Dave was using some sort of subliminal code. Even GM Authority who wrote a while back that they had a good source and that the reveal was this summer as a stand alone event,” jumped on Dave Salvatore’s inadvertent wrongly typed single letter, and they today changed course and wrote the ME’s reveal could be in May.

Originally posted by gmauthority
    Originally, it was thought the 2019 North American International Auto Show would play host to the mid-engine C8 Corvette’s debut. However, GM Authority learned the car has been plagued with electrical issues that delayed the car roughly six months. Now, we expect to see the car debut at a standalone event this summer, maybe as early as May.
    Sorry gmauthority, May is the middle of spring, with a full 20 days after May being over also being in Spring (before summer starts).

Now for those who are seizing on the supposed SOP for the 2020 ME being in December, and therefore the reveal must be really soon, please consider this:

​​​​VW has officially announced that the production of the next generation GOLF is starting in June, yet they bypassed the biggest car show in the world, one going on right now, Geneva, to announce its reveal.

While it is less than three months before GOLF customer production officially starts, VW has yet to announce its reveal date or its location. GOLF is one of VW’s superstars vehicles; they are spending $2,000,000,000 on improvements/upgrades to it, yet still no reveal date.

Corvette C8 lovers, there is nothing magical about a one finger typo slip. Please do not get your hopes up that the reveal is next month at the New York Auto Show, nor that it is the following month either.

PATIENCE is necessary.

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/03/...#ixzz5hRTVU9es
    Last edited by John; 03-06-2019, 07:17 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Oh no, it’s coming in May! I saw it written! Definitely May! May is almost here! It’s May, May May!!!!!!..............Maybe....?
    Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Well you really bummed me out and I’m even more antsy.

Comment

Sorry about that; of course not my purpose, but the opposite.

We have seen so many hopes risen, then as that supposed reveal event passed, andthat event did not have the ME’s reveal, people emotionally down because the reveal did not happen when they though it would or should have. We all remember Pebble Beach, Laguna Seca, SEMA, LA Auto Show, NAIAS, Chicago Auto Show and now Geneva. The 2020 ME Corvette will be revealed and IMO start production this year. But maybe not as soon as some think.

The reveal will happen, and the second it happens, there will be excitement and happiness.

If VW has not even announced their huge GOLF less than three months before its production has been officially announced by them, I hope that helps us understand this is not a “GM thing” of reveals often lately being closer to production than they used to be.

The upside of that, is that there is consequently less waiting between the reveal and the customer cars starting production. That is a very good thing for many, especially for those who are ordering theirs as soon as possible.
        Last edited by John; 03-06-2019, 08:11 PM.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Back in 2003, the CEO of a big Software company (for developers), wrote a "casual" email to his customers (developers) about his out-loud thinking of a new feature and wanted to get feedback.

He started his email with the phrase "Hey Gays"...

That email went out to over 20,000 developers at midnight. By 5:00 AM the phone started ringing about his email
          (He had then blamed his email program with auto spell correct, as he meant "Guys")
          It "May" be true, it was the auto spell correct feature.
          Last edited by Z_Rocks; 03-07-2019, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            PATIENCE is necessary.
            Easy for you to say...
            My C8:
            '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

In january when the c8 didnt reveal or as we were waiting maybe but now...it sounds like the month of May.

Comment

I just go out and drive my 2016 Z06 and think "This is great, I can wait however long it takes for the C8 to be revealed".
                1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

Well, if history on previous generation's testing times leading up to release are the same, May does fit the time-line, as we're seeing more of them on the roads now = final phase before launch!

Comment

Personally, the reveal date doesn't matter that much to me, as I expect I'll be driving my C7 for several more years yet.

Unless, that is, one of the wealthy forum members would like to adopt me.
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Patience is my worst attribute, e..g, very little of it But what choice do we have?

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                        I just go out and drive my 2016 Z06 and think "This is great, I can wait however long it takes for the C8 to be revealed".
                        Superb! Since it is snowing again today, I think I shall just go out to the garage and visually lust after my C7.

Comment

After listening to Autoline After Hours last night, I thought it was interesting to hear Don Sherman's thoughts on the C8. He expects both ME and FE configurations to continue to accommodate both buyers. He also expects the C8 to be revealed in August at the 25th anniversary of the Museum. As you well know, that is a week later than the Monterey Classic Car week. In the past, I have extolled the virtues of revealing the ZORA at the Quail Event, Laguna Seca, and the Concour on Sunday. Doing a reveal at both Museum and Pebble Beach would be awesome.

Comment

I like the idea of a reveal actually before the end of August, for the reasons that if the initial reveal were instead earlier in the summer (say mid-summer at the rumored GM standalone event), GM could then GM could have the ME’s at Pebble Beach, and at Corvettes at Carlisle, and at the NCM’s 25th Anniversary — as the 8,500 National Corvette Caravaners end their adventure, pull up to the Museum for that celebratory weekend.

Comment

My preference is for a reveal as soon as possible. So in answer to the title question - yes.

I listened again to Don Sherman's comment about "interspersing" C7 and C8 production on the same line. I'd like to see this, and Sherman seems to have been a good source of info, but this came right after the comment that only one part is shared.

Now I've never worked in an auto plant, but I have toured both GM's and Ford's facilities in Ontario, and while producing different models in each, they were similar vehicles that shared a lot of parts. I just have a problem imagining how the line will function with double the number of parts in play.
                              2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                              Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                              2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                              Spectra Grey Tridents.
                              Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X