Collapse

Could Forza have just leaked a Z06 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks a lot cleaner and stealthier without the wing. A low spoiler would go well in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post

BTW… there are plenty of YouTube videos out there of camo’d C8s testing and with what is clearly NOT a traditional push-rod motor.
      We don't even know the camo'd C8's ARE z06's. That's the point.

There are rumors suggesting the future stingray's are going to have their LT2's dropped and it's possible the mid cycle-end cycle production units of the stingray might be the NA FPC engines.

It could very well be an ERAY with the FPC engine (with a hybrid assist). Again we can't just assume the camo'd car out there is the z06 and it's going to have the same exact engine as the C8-R race car.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post
        Z06 tap-out to the GT3?

The new GT3 broke 7 minutes at the Ring. Six cylinders. Naturally aspirated. 4.0 L.

The Z06 is 8 cylinders. 5.5 L. If they need to put twin turbos on it to run with the GT3. Then it its a tap-out.

Especially with the TT ZR1 and TT Zora coming.

If there is a problem, then diet.

So then you're ok with GM following that type of marketing of the GT3?

So you want the z06 to be low production + high cost?

That means a z06 that follows the roots of the GT3, will cost us around 150-160k. A budget friendly NA engine car that is similar to the GT3. Of course GM can do that then.

We still didn't even think about how GM will strip all that weight off a C8 to make it light like a GT3. Lightweight isn't cheap.

Comment

[QUOTE=NaturallyAspirated;n281369]

So then you're ok with GM following that type of marketing of the GT3? NO

So you want the z06 to be low production + high cost? NO

That means a z06 that follows the roots of the GT3, will cost us around 150-160k. A budget friendly NA engine car that is similar to the GT3. Of course GM can do that then. NO

We still didn't even think about how GM will strip all that weight off a C8 to make it light like a GT3. Lightweight isn't cheap. ADDING FAT WITH TT IS CHEAP?

Some suggest that the Zo6 should get more power with twinTurbos. Others suggest alternatively, ASAP, less weight and less might be more.

Less weight is a direction not an end point.

And the Z06 will be compared against the GT3. A higher volume, lower cost alternative that is better or . . . That's what it is. It can compete for the welterweight title in a highly competitive weight class or move up to heavy weight and be an also ran with endless add-on of HP and fat.

Comment

Thank you Ace. We greatly appreciate wha you have done, e.g., creating our screen saver. We look forward to that being in our garage — though best guess is not for another 15 months. And driving it!

As rendered (thanks GMA) and then “wing-lectomy” improved fixed by you, it is one super powerful-looking, entry Z06. We will be eating up the miles on curvy, country, Corvette roads and also plan to just like our C7 Z06, to drive on many road trips to quite a few Canadian provinces and to visit at least the same 28 states. We hope to add more to that count!

Here is our screen saver, and again credit and thanks to GM Authority for commissioning its original rendering. Ours will however be in HTC format.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6641D681-EB85-445D-A071-2105C3560D3C.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	372.6 KB ID:	281413

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

You know how hard it will be, and still be cost effective, to make a C8 z06 as light as a GT3? I'm not saying GM can't do it. They sure can, but then say goodbye to the z06 pricing we once knew.

The only alternative is adding FI and let the weight end up where it ends up at.

You're also forgetting, a high revving NA engine, that is all new to GM, that they're supposed to warranty 5 year 60k miles on that?

Adding turbos would negate a lot of issues. The only thing GM has to figure out, is keeping it cool so there's no C7 z06 remnants in terms of inefficiency when it comes to long enduring aggressive driving.

A z06 has always been a track car that can be used on the street. A high revving flat plane engine with no FI would not end well in the hands of the average consumer. People will be looking at purchasing the ERAY since that's likely to have all wheel drive due to the electric motors powering the front wheels. It'll be actually faster than a z06 on the street.

Comment

My wife looking at this Z06 concept started to sing this song as we were thinking of some long distance road trips we will be taking in it:

Thinking our road trip after first driving it home 2,500 miles to Oregon from our NCM delivery, next could be a re-creation of our 9,600 mile, “4 Corner USA trip” which we did in our C5 in 2002. Or maybe again our 16 national park 7,500 miler. So many great places to visit in the USA in a Chevrolet.

Or should we re-create our western Canadian trip with Whistler, Banff, Jasper, adding in new places we have yet seen? Perhaps re-visiting Whitehorse after going over the Canadian Rockies?
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

The Porsche GT3 is a phenomenal car. It starts at $161,000 — most are going to be heading to $200,000 out the door.. But comparisons to it are not where my head is at. If the Porsche can out do the Z06 in some ways, fine with me. I already think it will weigh less than the Z06, though there will be many ways the Z06 will out do it (starting with the entry price in our pocket additional $71,000 our Z06 will create), then extending into many road performance “+1’s” for the Z06.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    The Porsche GT3 is a phenomenal car. It starts at $161,000 — most are going to be heading to $200,000 out the door.. But comparisons to it are not where my head is at. If the Porsche can out do the Z06 in some ways, fine with me. I already think it will weigh less than the Z06, though there will be many ways the Z06 will out do it (starting with the entry price in our pocket additional $71,000 our Z06 will create), then extending into many road performance “+1’s” for the Z06.
                    A GT3 weighs less around 3,150 and some change. Depending if it's a manual or PDK.

A C8 stingray weighs 3600+lbs. Some rumors suggest the flat plane engine weighs more than the LT2. How are they going to shave 500lbs off the car?

The only solution is just let the C8 z06 come in at 3700+lbs but pack it with power. It'll be heavy for sure but at least it should make 700hp or more. That will negate any weight issues.

Adding power (as in boost) is easier (and cheaper) than just making the car extremely light so you can stuff an engine that doesn't make much power.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post

We don't even know the camo'd C8's ARE z06's. That's the point.

There are rumors suggesting the future stingray's are going to have their LT2's dropped and it's possible the mid cycle-end cycle production units of the stingray might be the NA FPC engines.

It could very well be an ERAY with the FPC engine (with a hybrid assist). Again we can't just assume the camo'd car out there is the z06 and it's going to have the same exact engine as the C8-R race car.
                      A. If you think GM is going to put out an eRAY with a FPC before they put out a Z06 with a FPC, I’ll take that bet today.

B. Not one person here has said that the Z06 FPC will be ‘the same engine as what is in the C8R’. But it will most definitely be a VERY close cousin and NOT based on the base model engine.

Comment

Originally posted by ace View Post
                        here you go:
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	z06nowing.jpg Views:	24 Size:	615.2 KB ID:	281365
                        want, but like John, in HTC version!! 🤤

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post

A. If you think GM is going to put out an eRAY with a FPC before they put out a Z06 with a FPC, I’ll take that bet today.

B. Not one person here has said that the Z06 FPC will be ‘the same engine as what is in the C8R’. But it will most definitely be a VERY close cousin and NOT based on the base model engine.
                          A: The timeline for usual corvette debuts have changed dramatically with the C8 platform. Idk if you want to blame it on COVID, parts shortages, the plant shutdown, all of the above, or just the mere fact the C8 is just......different.

I do think, because a 2022 z06 isn't happening, that means if the z06 is for 2023, that's the 4th year into C8 production that the next variant could be introduced. When was the timeframe for a PHEV in the C8 lineup? Wasn't it 2024?

So i honestly wouldn't be surprised if GM announces the ERAY before the z06. I honestly believe the LT2 is being phased out, especially if the flat plane is going to be scattered across the rest of the variants, all the way until the C8 generation is finished.

B: Actually it was sheepdog who stated (but also said assumption) that the C8 z06 and the C8-R race car will use 5.5L engines.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post

A: The timeline for usual corvette debuts have changed dramatically with the C8 platform. Idk if you want to blame it on COVID, parts shortages, the plant shutdown, all of the above, or just the mere fact the C8 is just......different.

I do think, because a 2022 z06 isn't happening, that means if the z06 is for 2023, that's the 4th year into C8 production that the next variant could be introduced. When was the timeframe for a PHEV in the C8 lineup? Wasn't it 2024?

So i honestly wouldn't be surprised if GM announces the ERAY before the z06. I honestly believe the LT2 is being phased out, especially if the flat plane is going to be scattered across the rest of the variants, all the way until the C8 generation is finished.

B: Actually it was sheepdog who stated (but also said assumption) that the C8 z06 and the C8-R race car will use 5.5L engines.
                            So let me get this straight….

You are saying that COVID etc has delayed development of a ICE engine, based off a race proven design, for another 2-3 years, but…

development of the first hybrid V8/EV powered Corvette was not impacted and has, in fact, moved forward to the point of being next in line.

Despite the fact that we have clearly seen more ICE based mules in sightings, to include the recent video at the Proving Grounds showing acceleration testing in a car that clearly did not have an LT2 based engine.

Sorry….nope.

Comment

I didn't say COVID delayed anything, i said you could blame COVID or other circumstances that got us where we are today.

I am simply saying people who are suggesting the new z06 will have an engine related to the GM race car will sadly be mistaken. Because that wasn't the case with the C7.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X