Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Best color for resale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best color for resale?

Since I'm an old fart. I'm buying my C8 to scratch an itch. i plan on keeping it for a couple years, then sell it. So, my 2 color choices are Black or Yellow.

Which color is best for quick sale? Or does it matter?

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Since I'm an old fart. I'm buying my C8 to scratch an itch. i plan on keeping it for a couple years, then sell it. So, my 2 color choices are Black or Yellow.

I don't think it would matter too much, you'll have folks that want either one. Me personally, I would prefer red or blue. Black is notoriously hard to care for and yellow is a color that has less "lovers" of, IMO.

Again, you can find buyers at market value at the time you sell no matter the color. Somewhere on here someone posted the hottest selling colors new, I would imagine that would hold true for resale as well. If red is the hottest selling new it would probably be the hottest selling used as well.
    On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

The best color is the one you personally like the best! Who cares what someone else likes.... it's your car.
      2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

You must ask the person you are buying the car for. Or selling the car to.
        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Never have purchased a car or truck based on resale value.

Comment

I don't think it matters.

Comment

If I had to think about resale, I would use the sales statistics Harlan communicated on the 2020 and 2021 orders showing which were the most popular features and colors.

I buy what I like and what would give me the most enjoyment when I drive it. Luckily my tastes are in line with a lot of other car enthusiasts so I don't have problems selling.

Comment

Speaking of exterior colors...will the new Amplify Orange be a "premium" (i.e., additional cost) color like Sebring Orange was?

Comment

Historically GM has charged a premium for tintocoat (3-stage) colors of $995 —such as is the current situation with Red Mist. But Amplify Orange is not one.

Sometimes however there has also been a $500 premium for other colors, e.g. Rapid Blue and Accelerate Yellow metallic.

My guess is that Amplify will be a $500 premium. Perhaps Hypersonic might also be that premium of $500.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

For the C8, I"m not sure it matters. But one recent report showed yellow cars retain the highest percentage of their original price.

But there was another study I saw that said yellow is one of the worst colors, so who knows. Buy what you like and let resale fall where it may. If you can afford to buy a C8 and flip it in a couple of years, a price difference of a couple of thousand bucks shouldn't really matter.
                    Last edited by meyerweb; 06-17-2021, 03:15 PM. Reason: typo
                    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

IMO...of the two you've asked about, black would have far more interested prospects, assuming you kept it really nice.
                      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                      '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                      '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                      '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                      '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post

White if you follow the Dealership jabber…
                        202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

Originally posted by pksjc View Post
                          If I had to think about resale, I would use the sales statistics Harlan communicated on the 2020 and 2021 orders showing which were the most popular features and colors.

I buy what I like and what would give me the most enjoyment when I drive it. Luckily my tastes are in line with a lot of other car enthusiasts so I don't have problems selling.

I agree with pksjc above. If you want to plan for a resale (which is entirely your right) and have the best chance of selling it quickly and for the maximum dollar, you're best to "play the odds" and have an exterior color that's more popular amongst your prospective buyers. Sure you'll find someone who likes a less popular color but statistically you'll have reduced odds of finding that buyer. Traditionally the top 3 colors have usually been red, white and black and the 2020 C8 most purchased colors repeated that same pattern: red (25%), white (15%) and black (12%). I suspect the final 2021 colors will have similar stats although there might be a split between Torch Red and Red Mist, given the popularity of the Red Mist. Time will tell but given the 2 colors you're suggesting, like George I think black is your safest bet.

But remember, the C8 looks good in ANY COLOR...given the car's lines/design...and perhaps more importantly, it'll drive the same regardless of the color and it's the drive that should be the main factor which captures the true car enthusiast! (IMO)

Comment

Resale Red
                            2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

there is no bad color it a vette

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X