MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! FVS’ Chasing C8’s Rear View. Chazcron Driveway Walk-Around Videos!

2 of 3 < >

Tonight @ 8:00 PM (PST) Scheduled Software Maintenance. C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK!

HEADS UP PLEASE: Tonight At 8:00 PM Is Scheduled Software Maintenance! Could be up to two hours long — but heretofore every one has been much shorter than the time cautioned.

Reveal Countdown Clock: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette
3 of 3 < >

C8 Reveal Countdown Clock! Requirement to cite your post’s sources with a clickable link.

C8 REVEAL COUNTDOWN CLOCK: https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-v...ation-corvette

PLEASE, DUE TO COPYRIGHT LAWS, IF YOU USE ANY PART OF AN ARTICLE IN YOUR POST, IMPERATIVE THAT YOU INCLUDE AN ACTUAL, CLICKABLE LINK TO IT. Thank you.
See more
See less

How low will it sit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How low will it sit

Do you think the C8 will sit lower then the C7. with the seat height. I know were guessing but was thinking can I get in and out of this car. My C7 works fine for me but getting up in age I was just wondering if seat height would be lower then my C7?
    frankb

How much of a difference is there between a C4, 5, 6, 7?

Assume it will be close, pic of them together would indicate

Click image for larger version

Name:	9bf13a99-2020-chevrolet-corvette-c8-spy-shots-7-768x512.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	28039

Comment

With their professional equipment, fvs and skank independently scaled up much better pictures and concluded that whereas the height of the C7 is 48.6”, their best estimate, again due to picture scaling and perspective issues, is that the C8 is perhaps a very small amount lower than the C7. (They used the C8’s known, exact tire height as their scaling basis.)

We do have one eyewitness who walking walking up to a camo’d IVERS in a Frisco, CO parking lot and commented that compared to his somewhat lowered Corvette, he thought the C8 was still lower than his. Putting it all together, my best estimate (purely that), is that the height of the C8 is between 48.0 and 48.6” inches. However, because it is estimated to be a couple to three inches wider than the Stingray, it would appear lower.
      Last edited by John; 03-02-2019, 01:01 PM.
      Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

Perhaps Corvette can offer an "Oldster edition" with features to appeal to the more mature owner. One such feature would be a Citroen DS21 type suspension that, with a push of a button on the key, raise the car 10 inches or so on its suspension to make it easier for the occupants to get in and out of the car.

Comment

Or maybe seats like these?

Name:	MC-Swivel-Seats-copy1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	28052

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
          >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
            Or maybe seats like these?

Name:	MC-Swivel-Seats-copy1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	293.7 KB
ID:	28052
            Reminds me of my uncle's 1974 Monte Carlo.

Comment

I was thinking more on a C4 that had a high lip to get your foot over. If its more lie our C5,6 or 7 they are no problem. Haha on the Meyerweb seats they would look good in my C7 LOL.
              frankb

Comment

The doors swing upward slightly when open on the c8. I would suggest the c8 will be a hundred times easier to get in and out of compared to the c4.

the height of the vehicle in my best guess mirrors Johns estimation of 48 to 48.8 inches.

at 60 years old and some of us slightly older we train at the gym (sometimes with a trainer) to stayin good shape so we can enter and exit our corvettes in style.

more important than even our beautiful corvettes is our good health.

training at the gym as part of our lifestyle along with eating well is important. Take a look at www.lifetime.com they have both indoor and outdoor pools, excellent spin and aerobic classes, hot yoga, tread mills and elipticals and both weight machines and free weights. Their is a wonderful cafe and if your signifigant other would like there is a hair salon and whirl pools. Great trainers as well.

i wish you good health as a fellow corvette owner...

fwiw I have all my meals prepared by www.elitelifestylecuisine.com they deliver wonderful and healthy meals that are gourmet and a snap to prepare as delivered.

best money we can ever spend is on ourselves.
                Last edited by JB; 03-02-2019, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I think getting in will be the same butt down first like the C7 is. My guess is it will "sit" around the C7 level. Most important will be visibility. Windows, cameras and proximity indicators.
                  Last edited by Boomer; 03-02-2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

50 deep knee bends every morning will allow you get in and out of any low car with style. Get to work !

Comment

Originally posted by Racer86 View Post
                      50 deep knee bends every morning will allow you get in and out of any low car with style. Get to work !
                      I thought someone decided years ago, military perhaps, that deep knee bends were detrimental to your knees.
                      Save the wave.

Comment

First thing I will be doing depending on the suspension set up will be lowering the car removing the wheel well gap and getting an alignment. I did the same with my 15 Z06 & C7 Z51. I am hoping the ME has a front lift system.

Comment

Fasttoys, believe this is going to be easy to do, for we think that with this coil over shock set-up, and the line coming off the bottom, we will be seeing FALS at least as an option. FALS will sure make delivery damage chances less, getting onto//off transporters, and for some of us unluckies, including an additional one on and off loading/unloading an auto rack track car as part of the delivery system.

BTW, delivery damage is, across different brands, is around 1%. [Ferrari has a massive PDI and repair-if-necessary facility that services every Ferrari entering the U.S., through the port of Balitmore.]

FT, I like your first two priorities!

Click image for larger version  Name:	EBB64A12-CF6D-435B-B102-4635FFF6E601.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	264.2 KB ID:	28116
                          Last edited by John; 03-03-2019, 10:25 AM.
                          Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

How about this,,,,, all you guys having trouble getting into and out of low cars, use the front end lift system

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttoys View Post
                              First thing I will be doing depending on the suspension set up will be lowering the car removing the wheel well gap and getting an alignment. I did the same with my 15 Z06 & C7 Z51. I am hoping the ME has a front lift system.
                              Same here. I am actually hoping that they offer a front end lift system.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X