Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

$110,000 1LT Coupe (for sale)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $110,000 1LT Coupe (for sale)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_38259.jpg Views:	11 Size:	111.6 KB ID:	279381

AND, it's been price reduced by 6k😅🤣. This is at the Ernie Palmer Toyota dealership right next to the Chevrolet dealership where I ordered my C8 in Jacksonville, FL. I guess the mark up is still alive and well 🤷‍♂️.
    Last edited by John; 06-12-2021, 02:24 PM. Reason: Removed link as not a MECF supporting vendor but left enough info in case someone wishes to pursue it. Thanks Chan61.

The listing suggests 7 miles on the odometer whereas the video says less than 5,000 which makes more sense. The video however describes it as a "grand sport" and "supercharged". Interesting to see what it actually sells for.

Comment

So I sold my 2020 1LT that I bought for MRSP of $62,185 (only option dif wheels and performance exhaust) for $83,000 this week. South Carolina has a fixed sales tax so out the door I was just under $63K. I don't think of it as a profit but lowering the price of the HTC that I've ordered. The dealer I sold it to has it listed for $99,995 with 1,615 miles which is accurate. I know I should have driven it more. I did put on 500 miles in the first week so I could break it in and have the oil changed so lots of fun and smiles.

Comment

The problem is that people are paying these crazy prices. If people stopped paying them, then the dealers would have to ask for less. I personally could see $5K over sticker reasonable to have one now. Maybe $10K tops. But to buy used ones for 20-30K over original MSRP is crazy. Might as well wait 1 year, and pay sticker.
        Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
        Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
        AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post
          The problem is that people are paying these crazy prices. If people stopped paying them, then the dealers would have to ask for less. I personally could see $5K over sticker reasonable to have one now. Maybe $10K tops. But to buy used ones for 20-30K over original MSRP is crazy. Might as well wait 1 year, and pay sticker.
          Your correct. But it always depends if you are an investor or an enjoyer.

Comment

I think the 'free market' system is a wonderful thing. The buyer and seller get exactly what they want! Their opinions are the only ones that matter.
            2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Asking is not the same as getting. Assuming this is a stock 1LT, I'd really be surprised if it goes for more than $50K over sticker.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Some people have more money than brains and 1 year feels like 3-5 to them. Some people just can't wait.

I think once production returns to 100% normal, we will still see crazy used market prices on these cars.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with the price, you don't have to buy it.

Comment

^^^^
                    Exactly. Want it now? Here's the going rate.
                    Victimless transaction as far as I'm concerned.

PS. The last thing my dealer (and good friend) asked me before I drove mine off the lot 2 months ago was:
                    "What would it take for you to sell it?" My answer: "I waited 19 months for this car, someone would have to offer me CRAZY money ($40k over sticker "might" do it...)🤔
                    Last edited by jimmyb; 06-12-2021, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb View Post
                      ^^^^
                      Exactly. Want it now? Here's the going rate.
                      Victimless transaction as far as I'm concerned.

PS. The last thing my dealer (and good friend) asked me before I drove mine off the lot 2 months ago was:
                      "What would it take for you to sell it?" My answer: "I waited 19 months for this car, someone would have to offer me CRAZY money ($40k over sticker "might" do it...)🤔
                      It is victimless. Truth is, truly wealthy people don't care what something like a car costs. Even the close to wealthy buy things at retail or higher because it doesn't affect their lifestyle to pay that much. Dealt with some upper class folks over the years, they seem more interested in results rather than cost. Just my observation.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post

Some people have more money than brains and 1 year feels like 3-5 to them. Some people just can't wait.

I think once production returns to 100% normal, we will still see crazy used market prices on these cars.
                        Some people have enough money that paying that premium really doesn't impact them. If you're worth $20 million bucks, does $50K really matter?
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Some people have enough money that paying that premium really doesn't impact them. If you're worth $20 million bucks, does $50K really matter?
                          Yes, that is true... But if you are worth 20 million, or shoot only 2 or 3 million, are you really going to want to buy a 1LT? Go for the 3LT... very very few vettes have a MSRP of less than $65.... thats as basic as they come, I just don't understand how someone is willing to Pay $110K for that.. But again, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it..
                          Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                          Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                          AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

Yes, that is true... But if you are worth 20 million, or shoot only 2 or 3 million, are you really going to want to buy a 1LT? Go for the 3LT... very very few vettes have a MSRP of less than $65.... thats as basic as they come, I just don't understand how someone is willing to Pay $110K for that.. But again, a car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it..
                            Because they are unicorns .

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

I know, that's what i'm saying. Although i think the people who are paying the 20, or 30, or 40-50k above MSRP aren't even worth anywhere near 20 million lol. I think it's more of a "gotta have it" moment. And perhaps with some confidence knowing they can enjoy the car a year and sell and break even or not lose much at all (even though they paid above MSRP).

I can't count how many times, on various forums, and social media of people who received their 2020 C8's, drove it 1500 miles, then sell. I assume mainly for profit.

And what about those who just got their '21, then sell it after like 200 miles or so. I mean those people are out there.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X