Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Question::about 7500 mile service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question::about 7500 mile service

If you exceed 7500 miles, but are still within one year of purchase, is the 7500 mile service still valid and free?
    Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
    Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
    Home 08/10/20

Down to #439 from 450 on MacMulkin C8 Z06 Wait List

That's a good question. All of the GM documents posted here:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ually-pre-paid

and here:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...nge#post271002

Say "within 1 year" with no mention of mileage. The only thing that mentions mileage is this. But the OLM will count down to zero at 7500 or 1 year anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=271160&amp;d=1621213717.png
Views:	212
Size:	319.5 KB
ID:	279095
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

No, I understand that it's "either or" not both.

Comment

Violating either mileage or one year from date of purchase (not date of pick up) will disqualify it’s being free.
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Violating either mileage or one year from date of purchase (not date of pick up) will disqualify it’s being free.
          Where do you see a mileage limitation stated?
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

On my first oil change date of service (on out of pocket $) my dealer provided me a printout reminder on their dealership receipt reminding me that my first Free Oil Change and Transmission Filter Change is due no later than 04/12/22 which is one year from my C8 delivery. Mileage restrictions within that 1st year were never stated.
            07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Where do you see a mileage limitation stated?
              On page 12 (below) which is a page within the C8 “New Vehicle Limited Warranty” wording.

To argue otherwise to me makes no sense for what if my name were Austin Everett (aka Speed Phenom) who put in about 22,000 miles during his first 15 months, about 18,000 during his first 12 months. Do we think that GM has no mileage limit and that if Austin had never changed his oil, so that by 18,000 miles his oil were totally worn out, and if so his free service would still be covered if he brought it in on day 364 with its original factory motor oil. As stated on page 12, coolants fluids wear out, and as I am reading the document, GM has assigned 7,500 miles as the absolute maximum for engine oil (a coolant/fluid) vehicle warranty.

Do we think GM would allow someone with any amount of mileage on their factory oil to have that free warranty service if done by day 364 while at the same time denying that free warranty coverage if another C8 came in with just 1,200 miles total yet arrived on day 366 after purchase?

IMO GM is protecting its warranty costs by imposing two “hard” limitations.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C41E423F-A4E0-49F5-8AB5-9EF1F4A72CEB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	933.3 KB ID:	279231
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Looking at this one other way. Here is the screen printed official GM document.

Click image for larger version  Name:	89999E40-223E-47BA-A8BF-71DE9176EB70.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	279234

If there were no 7,500 limit, why did GM include that mileage amount in that document at all.

Why did they not just say, “The first scheduled maintenance will be when the Driver Information Center indicates to change engine oil (a standard we know is absolutely not more than the 365th day after the vehicle was purchased)?

The reason to me why they did not only include that singular “time standard” is that they wanted to also control the total mileage limit under which they would provide a free warranty service.

Comment

On page 12 (below) which is a page within the C8 “New Vehicle Limited Warranty” wording.

To argue otherwise to me makes no sense for what if my name were Austin Everett (aka Speed Phenom) who put in about 22,000 miles during his first 15 months, about 18,000 during his first 12 months. Do we think that GM has no mileage limit and that if Austin had never changed his oil, so that by 18,000 miles his oil were totally worn out, and if so his free service would still be covered if he brought it in on day 364 with its original factory motor oil. As stated on page 12, coolants fluids wear out, and as I am reading the document, GM has assigned 7,500 miles as the absolute maximum for engine oil (a coolant/fluid) vehicle warranty.

Do we think GM would allow someone with any amount of mileage on their factory oil to have that free warranty service if done by day 364 while at the same time denying that free warranty coverage if another C8 came in with just 1,200 miles total yet arrived on day 366 after purchase?

IMO GM is protecting its warranty costs by imposing two “hard” limitations.
                  That page simply talks about items that are only warranted for 7500 miles, instead of the full 36,000. Not one word about maintenance. I don't think anything. If GM doesn't state the first change has to be done withing 7500 miles IN WRITING, they can't enforce it.

This isn't a question of warranty coverage. If you never change your oil you've violated the terms of the warranty, which requires routine maintenance to be performed. Whether the DCT filter is "free" or not is separate from whether you changed the oil or not. It's not listed in the warranty book.
                  Last edited by meyerweb; 06-11-2021, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	89999E40-223E-47BA-A8BF-71DE9176EB70.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	279234

If there were no 7,500 limit, why did GM include that mileage amount in that document at all.

Why did they not just say, “The first scheduled maintenance will be when the Driver Information Center indicates to change engine oil (a standard we know is absolutely not more than the 365th day after the vehicle was purchased)?

The reason to me why they did not only include that singular “time standard” is that they wanted to also control the total mileage limit under which they would provide a free warranty service.

Well if you read that literally, it would be when the DIC indicates or at 7500 miles. Not 7499 or 7501. I would not think that 7500 miles would be a hard limit as long as you are within 1 year. If you showed up with 20,000 miles, at less than 365 days, and had never changed the oil, you can be sure that they would document that against your VIN and you can kiss your engine warranty goodbye. But I think they would still pay for the oil change. How many miles over 7500 would be a concern to them? I don’t have any idea. Most likely the DIC will be indicating the need for an oil change before 7500 miles so anything over that may be a concern. Lots of people are doing the first oil change on their own dime so as to be closer to 7500 miles to get the free (pre-paid) service, since 7500 miles is where the DCT filter is supposed to be changed. People that don’t put very many miles on there car are going to have a dilemma, if they get the free service at, let’s say 2000 miles, and the DCT filter gets changed, are they good to go until the next DCT filter change at 22,500 miles? Or should they do it again at 7500 miles per the Maintenance Schedule?

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	89999E40-223E-47BA-A8BF-71DE9176EB70.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	45.2 KB ID:	279234

That also says nothing about the "free" service. The fact is that every document that says the DCT filter is included in the first service does include only a "singular time standard": "within the first year." That language is repeated in multiple documents, none of which mention mileage at all. If the mileage standard was a hard requirement, I think GM would include it in all their terms and conditions for the first service to be free, but they don't.

My 2 cents worth. The right answer: ask your dealer.

Comment

Hi All
                        Thanks for getting involved.

Here was my reason for posting the question.

I have until 08/09/21 to get the oil change and DCT filter taken care of at GM's expense.

Sunshine has of today 5333 miles on it.

At 700 miles, I personally changed the oil before a 3800 mile trip.

In 4 weeks we have a planned trip that would add somewhere around 1300 miles.
                        If we took the trip and got back today that would show approx. 6633 miles on odometer, leaving me a buffer zone of 867 miles to the 7500 mile mark.
                        It's a 100 miles up to MM, so I have 767 spare miles to use, and then get the oil changed when back from the trip next month.
                        That will avoid any dispute with service as to who will pay.

Appreciate the efforts to try and adjudicate this query.
                        It convinced me to play it safe,....do it early!
                        Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                        Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                        Home 08/10/20

Down to #439 from 450 on MacMulkin C8 Z06 Wait List

Comment

Hard to believe, if you come in with 7510 miles on the odometer, they could make you pay. If you came in with 6500 miles, could they make you pay because you are too early?

Comment

There is NO penalty to getting it done as soon as you want. I know someone who came in and had her complete C8 warranty free service done two days before her ownership day 365. Got her DCT canister changed, her engine oil and filter changed for free — and she had less than 2,000 miles on it.

As to a mileage “maximum” or not, I would do as meyerweb suggested and contact your specific dealership and ask them, for if they say yes that’s the golden ticket.

However for me, and this does not apply to USCANAM because he got his oil changed early, I could not imagine treating a C8 so poorly as to not get my engine oil changed before 7,500 miles (regardless off what my dealer would or would not do for free).

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X