Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

C8 Mule ITW Spotted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Mule ITW Spotted

This one was in Defiance, OH yesterday. It was spotted by a friend of “spiders.” Sorry we only have these two comments.

”A red handle above the rear left wheel and a couple of sensor-like things on the ends of the rear bumper.”

Too bad pictures of tires sizes were not taken (we are still missing E-Ray tire sizing, and are they “square”)? But we are happy to know that they continue to test the CTF’s, and test them some more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3D4D320-EEBC-4D87-8E69-FE1B16C2E9A1.jpeg
Views:	469
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	279033 Click image for larger version

Name:	AE308D01-A814-427D-A99C-AACD61B32D23.jpeg
Views:	356
Size:	238.7 KB
ID:	279034

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

So someone knew enough to take a photo and get it published, but didn't bother to take a shot through the rear window to see what was under the glass? Or shoot through the front wheels to see if there are any signs of AWD? I still think these are intentional publicity shots by GM, designed to tease while not revealing anything.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Not exactly. These two mule pictures were taken by a friend of a Corvette owner who was at Arby’s for lunch and realized his Corvette friend would like him those pictures.

I have talked to some of the Corvette team and candidly they are just fine with the pictures being taken (within the rules of no camo being lifted and similar), they do not pose cars, do not leak locations and times when mules will be at specific places.

There have been a couple of notable exceptions when they deliberately announced/created events, the drive through Times Square with the C8 on April 11, 2019 with Tadge and Mary in the car and with 7.18.19 on its side, and then on April 26th at the NCM BASH when fifteen minutes in advance they announced this upcoming on the the NCM loudspeaker system:

Click image for larger version

Name:	39EA6DFB-A36F-46A6-ABE7-2736448F3AD2.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	279109
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Does that look like a widebody to anyone?

Comment

They did a really good job on the camo, or could it just be a Stingray Body on another platform ?
          Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

How is this c8 special?

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
              How is this c8 special?
              It could be GM's way of keeping the C8 fresh (and to keep any interest in this platform) since there's no "official" news of any C8 variant coming? Not even an announcement with a date or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post
                The wide body version has more elongated wider rear grills.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post
                  It's not, regular Stingray bodywork.

Comment

How is this c8 special?
                    Well, for one it has the red electric shut-off emergency switch on the left rear quarter panel. We've seen this before in the rear of the mules and also up front on the fender. Presumably this is a HV battery shut-off for the hybrid E-Ray.
                    Bob Sliwa
                    "I was cruising in my Stingray, late one night, when a Tesla Model S, pulled up on the right......."
                    Currently Building an All-Electric,1963 Split-Window Coupe Ludicrous Speed Restomod.
                    Ludicrous Speed - https://youtu.be/ygE01sOhzz0

2020 C8 ELB - Event Status 666 - Completely destroyed at the race track due to year 2020! Insured!!!
                    2022-2023? E-Ray - Number 4 on the List at MacMulkin!

Comment

Originally posted by VETTED53 View Post

The wide body version has more elongated wider rear grills.

Oh ok, i wasn't sure. The body "looks" beefier with the camo on. 😄

Comment

How is this c8 special?
                        Check the angles on the boomerang. Unless my eyes are fooling me, it is different than the base C8 image John shared

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb View Post

It's not, regular Stingray bodywork.
                          Not so sure on that… look closer

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post

Check the angles on the boomerang. Unless my eyes are fooling me, it is different than the base C8 image John shared
                            THank you guys. Ill have to take your word for it as I cant tell anything with the excellent camo gm has on these vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by Missileer View Post

Not so sure on that… look closer
                              I did notice something strange at first glance. That's why i was suggesting if anyone else thinks this looks like a widebody. I mean the rear doesn't look too much wider but the front really does. Maybe this is the eray? Perhaps wider front to fit wider tires to accommodate the electric motors powering the front wheels?

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X