Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Chevy techs take customer's c8 for joy ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Wow, this has never happened to me, as far as I know, and God Help the dealer that trys.

... because I'll make them the core subject of my attention and make a Sport out it.
    No kidding! Do not like people doing thing like this in my vehicle without permission. Do that to mine and I have evidence, it just may involve a local LEO, my Counsel not to mention the owner of the dealership if I am not able to bring the issue to closure!

My cars are always higher HP versions and sound like a snarling panther even at idle and is tempting, it is made clear what not to do (even washing) now I have been north of 200 more than a few times in the C7 Z06 but I own the car. When they release the version of the C8 I want It will be definitely be monitored and even the nanny turned on limiting SPEED with the other key fob!!!

Comment

I wish I had a trained Corvette tech that I could trust. I would drive a long way to get good service. I got my C7 back from an oil change with just about every setting changed. Techs don't see many Corvettes so some just play with the settings. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post

There is a reason why people should never buy a car that were previously loaner vehicles.

Whenever i get a loaner vehicle, i USE it. Not like racing or doing stupid stuff but i use the car almost the opposite of how i would treat my own car. Never warming it up, slightly more aggressive driving etc. Basically not having a care in the world about the car. Almost as if i'm not a car person.

It's actually a bit surprising how people are getting this upset at this "joy ride". If that's a joy ride, then it makes you wonder how owners drive their own car lol.

Sorry, you are not a "car person". Treating someone else's car in a manner NOT consistent with your own is childish and disrespectful. You know dealer loaners get SOLD to someone eventually, right?

As far as the C8 and techs in question...no harm/no foul, thankfully. There is no excuse for a tech driving the car to 104MPH. BUT...it is a Corvette and 104 (90MPH BELOW top speed) is certainly not going to hurt it.
        Last edited by jimmyb; 06-12-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cutnout View Post
          I wish I had a trained Corvette tech that I could trust. I would drive a long way to get good service. I got my C7 back from an oil change with just about every setting changed. Techs don't see many Corvettes so some just play with the settings. charlie aka cutnout
          Charlie, I have to pass this on, I really like the dedicated Corvette Tech at Preston Hood in Ft Walton. I did not buy my car there, but they certainly will get my service. Gayton is the Manager and he has a very gifted and extremely conscientious Tech.
          Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyb View Post

Sorry, you are not a "car person". Treating someone else's car in a manner NOT consistent with your own is childish and disrespectful. You know dealer loaners get SOLD to someone eventually, right?

As far as the C8 and techs in question...no harm/no foul, thankfully. There is no excuse for a tech driving the car to 104MPH. BUT...it is a Corvette and 104 (90MPH BELOW top speed) is certainly not going to hurt it.

Wait so i'm not a car person? Under what part of the definition of it?

I already said i don't race it or do dumb things. I just don't care at all for it. That's why it's a loaner and that's why i said there's a reason not to buy loaner cars. You see how this relates to the thread topic?

The less you know the better.

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post

Charlie, I have to pass this on, I really like the dedicated Corvette Tech at Preston Hood in Ft Walton. I did not buy my car there, but they certainly will get my service. Gayton is the Manager and he has a very gifted and extremely conscientious Tech.
              Thank you and I will give it a try. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

Honestly, my only question is why did they need to take it on an extended test drive? They were not driving the car in some wild or reckless manner, actually I thought they were driving very conservatively, even with a momentary speed excursion to 104 mph the RPM never went above 4500. I’m pretty sure he didn’t even go close to WOT. In my mind that is not even close to abusing the car in any way. But, again, I would question why they needed to drive the car so far. I would want to know exactly what they were “checking”. At the end of the day, an extra 15 easy miles on a C8 should not be a big deal. If it were me, I would ask the service advisor what they were checking and that would be the end if it. Seems to me he is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Comment

Back to choosing a high quality dealership service department. I have zero concerns as to what my Tech would do with my Corvette. If he needed to test it to 120 MPH I would be totally comfortable with that. Most important, I know he would not be taking it for an extra 100’ drive if he did not need to, and he would be taking every drive at the minimum speed he would need to test whatever he were working on.

If you are not really happy with your Tech, time to move on to one that you are completely comfortable with (I fired two dealerships before I found this one).

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ing-department

At my dealership if you call and ask during your appointment making initial call, ”can Ken Yutzie be the only one to work on my car?”, that is exactly what they do. They do not have lot personnel, do not have oil and filter changing trainees, etc.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
                    Do not like people doing thing like this in my vehicle without permission. Do that to mine and I have evidence, it just may involve a local LEO...
                    Yes. At 104 on a public highway in my car and I got PDR showing the speed. Wish PDR had date/time display. I've captured a few interesting things on mine.
                    Last edited by Boomer; 06-12-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaturallyAspirated View Post

Wait so i'm not a car person? Under what part of the definition of it?

I already said i don't race it or do dumb things. I just don't care at all for it. That's why it's a loaner and that's why i said there's a reason not to buy loaner cars. You see how this relates to the thread topic?

The less you know the better.
                      "...but I use the car almost the opposite of how I would treat my own car."
                      YOUR words.

Comment

Thread has gotten not respectful. Closed.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X