Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Chevy techs take customer's c8 for joy ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevy techs take customer's c8 for joy ride.

Topped out at 104 MPH on the highway. I'd be ****ed.
    One C8 Corvette owner was dismayed to learn that the Chevy dealer technicians who serviced his car had also taken it on a joy ride, accelerating up to 104 mph.
    August 2020 deposit with MacMulkin, order accepted from GM February 11. 2021 Delivered April 2021. Elkhart Lake Blue HTC, adrenaline red two tone 2LT interior, GT2 seats, NPP exhaust, carbon fiber colored roof and narcelles, extended black rocker panels, carbon fiber colored mirrors, front lift.

My first Corvette ever. Previous cars, Mazda RX7 convertible, Ford Thunderbird convertible, Porsche Boxster

Anyone know of they were reprimanded in any way? I sure hope so
    August 2020 deposit with MacMulkin, order accepted from GM February 11. 2021 Delivered April 2021. Elkhart Lake Blue HTC, adrenaline red two tone 2LT interior, GT2 seats, NPP exhaust, carbon fiber colored roof and narcelles, extended black rocker panels, carbon fiber colored mirrors, front lift.

My first Corvette ever. Previous cars, Mazda RX7 convertible, Ford Thunderbird convertible, Porsche Boxster

Comment

What is worse about this is that these techs absolutely should know that these cars have a built in PDR to record anything that goes on with the car. They should know that the owner may review the video their car took while in the possesion of someone else.
      (Kicked 2020 Longbeach Red Order)
      2021 Corvette 2LT Red Mist w/Transparent Roof
      Performance Exhaust and Front Lift Adjustable Height
      GT2 Bucket Seats w/Natural Napa Leather
      Yellow Brake Calipers, Edge Red Engine Cover
      Vossen HF-3 Graphite Polished Wheels

Aftermarket plans: High Wing Spoiler, Engine bay LED lights
      , Illuminated Sill Plates

Comment

There certainly appears to be no business purpose for the techs to take the car on a "test ride". But to call it a "joy ride" is a bit of a stretch. I would simply not be happy if the techs took the car on a drive without a business purpose but let's be real here. The video does not show the techs doing burnouts or anything crazy. Yes he took it to 104 mph (which is illegal) but it is a car that can handle a 104 mph like a champ. This is not as big of a deal as the owner and other people are making this out to be. Yes I would be unhappy but this type of stuff happens all the time--I wished it didn't happen obviously. When I first got my '19 S63 AMG, all the techs in the service area came out to INSPECT the car. I am sure someone was itching to take that car for a joy ride since it has 603 hp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2021C8+ View Post
          There certainly appears to be no business purpose for the techs to take the car on a "test ride". But to call it a "joy ride" is a bit of a stretch. I would simply not be happy if the techs took the car on a drive without a business purpose but let's be real here. The video does not show the techs doing burnouts or anything crazy. Yes he took it to 104 mph (which is illegal) but it is a car that can handle a 104 mph like a champ. This is not as big of a deal as the owner and other people are making this out to be. Yes I would be unhappy but this type of stuff happens all the time--I wished it didn't happen obviously. When I first got my '19 S63 AMG, all the techs in the service area came out to INSPECT the car. I am sure someone was itching to take that car for a joy ride since it has 603 hp.
          To each his own but if they took my car out over 100 MPH without a good reason and without my permission I would be livid. Also, owner has had issues with the car previously so this probably put him over the edge. No excuse for this and as previous poster noted, they are idiots as well since there is a recorder that they have to be aware of.

Comment

It was a joy ride.

Comment

While I don't agree with taking a customer car for a "possible joy ride" they drove the car like a little old lady and I don't mean the one from Pasadena! I don't know how many people given the chance to take a C8 for a ride could have been as constrained as these guys. They only went 15 miles so perhaps they were actually checking out the work that had been done as the car was there for some pretty extensive work. Now if it was there for just an oil change I would totally agree with being ****ed about this.
              2021 ELB, 2LT, Red Interior, Red Calipers, Standard Wheels, Front Lift, NPP,
              MM Deposit Dec. 15, 2020
              May 15, 21 2000
              May 18, 21 3000

Comment

As part of my benefits, I have Legal services just sitting around doing nothing ...
                [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

I have never heard of a test ride after repairs/maintenance to last that long or to take it up to that speed, unless requested by the owner for a specific purpose and on a track. A short ride up to highway speed is probably ok. This was a joy ride and it is just wrong.
                  2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

This has happened to me, but decades ago with my '68 Mustang Cobra Jet. I got a call from a friend who spotted a carload of techs out having fun at my expense. Today, I don't let the C8 out of my sight.
                    C8 Coupe, Zeus Bronze, 3LT, TU7, HUE, GUI, CF7, EFY, EYK, J6N, NPP, E60, STI, VQK

Comment

First of all, I'd like to know the work being done on the vehicle and whether it warranted a test drive after the work was done. With the car being there a week, it likely did need that test drive (so OK). I question why two techs had to participate; I think normally it's only one tech who did the work (or the shop foreman) who does the test drive, plus the dealership wants to have the other tech working rather than needlessly riding around in a car (strike one). Next, the tone of their voices suggests they were out for fun and nothing to do with assessing the car's repairs (strike two). As well and based on comments of others, my understanding of the translation is that they were trashing the owner more than anything else and not (for example) discussing whether the car was running properly for the repairs that were done (strike three). Then we have the mileage put on the car (more than just a short spin to assess it) and the top speed achieved (104 mph) (strikes five and six). All of this smacks of a joyride or at best, a test drive that turned into a joyride for most of it. Not good and the employees should be disciplined and the owner deserves an apology. Having said that, the comments on the GM Authority original posting suggesting the owner deserves a new C8, are ridiculous.

Odd that the owner didn't get a replacement vehicle, assuming it was in for warranty work. My dealer offered me that replacement right away when my C8 stayed overnight waiting for a new headlight and said that was part of the regular new car warranty package with GM paying for the replacement vehicle. The owner did mention the possibility of paying up front for the replacement vehicle and being reimbursed after, but that's not the same.
                      Last edited by netsinah; 06-11-2021, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jloryfsu1 View Post
                        Anyone know of they were reprimanded in any way? I sure hope so
                        Maybe I missed it but I didn't hear him say he told the dealer about the video.
                        GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Originally posted by Ralston View Post
                          This has happened to me, but decades ago with my '68 Mustang Cobra Jet. I got a call from a friend who spotted a carload of techs out having fun at my expense. Today, I don't let the C8 out of my sight.
                          Wow, this has never happened to me, as far as I know, and God Help the dealer that trys.

... because I'll make them the core subject of my attention and make a Sport out it.
                          [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

If the car gets captured on photo radar, or spotted by a cop, guess who's going to get the ticket in the mail? Not the mechanic. How much higher is the risk of an accident at 104 mph than at 55? Is that when you'd get angry? Too late by then. I would have taken the video in to the service manager and demanded an explanation. No reputable dealer that wants repeat business from it's customers would employ this tech. YOU are entitled to do what you want with your car. The tech is not. If the dealership refused to own up, and offer some sort of apology and assurance this would never happen again, I'd not only post the video online, I'd name the dealer and notify the local consumer protection agency.
                            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Bob View Post
                              While I don't agree with taking a customer car for a "possible joy ride" they drove the car like a little old lady and I don't mean the one from Pasadena! I don't know how many people given the chance to take a C8 for a ride could have been as constrained as these guys. They only went 15 miles so perhaps they were actually checking out the work that had been done as the car was there for some pretty extensive work. Now if it was there for just an oil change I would totally agree with being ****ed about this.
                              104 mph is like a little old lady?
                              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X