Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Insurance for the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Z06_Pilot View Post

I can tell you that the rate on my C8 is only $48/yr more than my 2018 Honda Type R was.
    The Type R is driven by lots of young males, so probably has a much higher claims rate than does the C8, which is mostly driven by old farts. Yes, I'm looking in the mirror. The car's claims record matters as much as the driver's.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

The Type R is driven by lots of young males, so probably has a much higher claims rate than does the C8, which is mostly driven by old farts. Yes, I'm looking in the mirror. The car's claims record matters as much as the driver's.
      good point. So funny you mention "young males". Can't count the number of times we got out of the car and someone would say "I was expecting a kid to crawl out of that car!". A simply awesome track weapon.
      2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
      Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=7/5/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
      2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
      2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

If I knew, I would write a book with the 700 factors. But when I added my C8 to my policy last month, Erie lowered my auto premiums by 49% with a program they have called rate lock. I am guessing some of the factors are assets, liabilities, income, expenses, credit rating, professional occupation (I am a CPA with a law degree so the CPA part may work in my favor but I am not sure how the lawyer part fits in--haha). Insurance companies these days are pulling from many pieces of information to analyze their customers. I too am not sure how they get 700 but that is what my agent mentioned to me.

Originally posted by Denizen View Post

700 is an impressive number! I Googled it and found 25 different factors so I'm curious what sort of other information your insurer collects on you?

Comment

Originally posted by Z06_Pilot View Post

good point. So funny you mention "young males". Can't count the number of times we got out of the car and someone would say "I was expecting a kid to crawl out of that car!". A simply awesome track weapon.
          A great car if you could get past the Boy Racer look.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2021C8+ View Post
            If I knew, I would write a book with the 700 factors. But when I added my C8 to my policy last month, Erie lowered my auto premiums by 49% with a program they have called rate lock. I am guessing some of the factors are assets, liabilities, income, expenses, credit rating, professional occupation (I am a CPA with a law degree so the CPA part may work in my favor but I am not sure how the lawyer part fits in--haha). Insurance companies these days are pulling from many pieces of information to analyze their customers. I too am not sure how they get 700 but that is what my agent mentioned to me.

The algorithms are so complicated even the agents don't understand them. When I got a quote to replace my C7 with a C8, no other changes (deductibles the same, annual mileage the same, drivers the same, etc), the rates on my other two cars changed. Some coverages went up, some went down. When I asked why, the only explanation was "that's how the formula works." After years of patching and modifying code, I'm not sure the insurance companies even understand their algorithms any more.
            Last edited by meyerweb; 06-11-2021, 02:47 PM.

Comment

How come nobody is mentioning their coverage? 100/300 is nothing these days. The $100K won't even cover what I now have into my C8. Most policies will only cover a Maximum of $300,000 Let's just say if an accident is found to be your fault and you only have 100/300 insurance and you hit a mini van with kids in it. and they all get hospitalized - your coverage will be used up and then you get sued and could loose your home or bank accounts, etc. The question you have to ask your insurance company is - What the maximum they will pay out in case of an extreme injury collision? Your policy should at least cover all of your assets. I would bet many are NOT covered for what they are worth. People are awarded millions these days who are not at fault and crawl away from an accident with life changing injuries. All I can say is I had a neighbor who injured a family and was his fault and he was sued and lost his home and vehicles, bank accounts, etc. And a big percentage of his wages will be taken for the rest of his life.
              Last edited by Frenzy36; 06-12-2021, 12:29 AM.
              Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Looks like NCM insurance only covers up to 6k miles per year. While I average about 5k/yr on my daily driver I expect to drive the C8 more in at least the first year.

Can you pay a premium for extra miles?
                On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                  How come nobody is mentioning their coverage? 100/300 is nothing these days. The $100K won't even cover what I now have into my C8. Most policies will only cover a Maximum of $300,000 Let's just say if an accident is found to be your fault and you only have 100/300 insurance and you hit a mini van with kids in it. and they all get hospitalized - your coverage will be used up and then you get sued and could loose your home or bank accounts, etc. The question you have to ask your insurance company is - What the maximum they will pay out in case of an extreme injury collision? Your policy should at least cover all of your assets. I would bet many are NOT covered for what they are worth. People are awarded millions these days who are not at fault and crawl away from an accident with life changing injuries. All I can say is I had a neighbor who injured a family and was his fault and he was sued and lost his home and vehicles, bank accounts, etc. And a big percentage of his wages will be taken for the rest of his life.
                  I agree. I suspect most, if not all, of those here on the forum should have at least a $1,000,000 umbrella policy. Especially if there are any teenage drivers at home.
                  Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post

I agree. I suspect most, if not all, of those here on the forum should have at least a $1,000,000 umbrella policy. Especially if there are any teenage drivers at home.
                    A couple years ago I took a call from a financial planner only because he was a fraternity brother. He went through a scenario that seemed quite reasonable where a client had a college aged child who hit someone in a cross walk. The client had reasonable insurance and a million dollar umbrella but unfortunately ended up still owing $700K beyond his insurance. Needless to say I upped my umbrella from $1million to $5million for not too much more money..
                    Deposit Aug 2, 2020
                    status 1100 Aug 29 / 3000 Feb 16/ 3300 April 2/ 3400 April 14/ 3800 April 23/ 4200 May 4/ 5000 May 6 Red Mist 3LT. Natural, Performance Exhaust. MRC. Edge red calipers. Trident spectra gray wheels. Battery maintenance package. My first corvette ever.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X