Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Insurance for the C8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for the C8

Yes, its me again. I took a VIN off a 2021 C8 I saw for sale and sent it to my insurance lady. She quoted me $1750 a year. Sound about right? I'm sure by the time mine gets here, the rates will go up.
    I told her it would have VERY low miles on it as I will only drive around town freaking out my neighbors

I have mine with the same company I have my home insurance and pay less than half that.
    GMO Rapid Blue, EFY Body-Color Accents, Z51 Performance Package, FE4 Magnetic Selective Ride Suspension, 1LT Trim, HTA Jet Black Interior, 3A9 Tension Blue Seat Belt, Q8S Sterling Silver Trident Wheels, J6F Bright Red Calipers

Comment

Insurance rates depend on many factors. With my 2020 C8 insured through Geico, they list 8 discounts which include multi-car and safe-driver (the wife disagrees with that one - I plead the 5th).

I'm also in a red state (Indiana), in a laid-back and low crime region. I pay $560/year for full coverage.
      My C8:
      '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
      '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
      '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
      '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

That's about what I pay on my USAA insurance. It is no higher than a similar car of it's value. But then I am an old guy with a pretty clean record.
        Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

One’s driving record is critical in an insurance company issuing you a rate for a sports car especially. As it where one lives (crime or not), age, even ones FICO score. I am paying $59/month from State Farm and have outstanding coverage — though as noted above I have many, many other major insurance policies with them. In fact I have been with State Farm since 1965.
          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thanks for your reply's. When the time comes, I will shop for sure. I've had my home and vehicle's covered by this group since I bought my first car in 1976. It should be free !!!

Comment

I'll probably go with Hagerty since I have my classic cars with them and the C8 will not be a daily driver. Last time I checked Hagerty will insure new Corvettes and Camaros as they consider them "future classics".
              They don't have an annual mileage restriction, but do require another vehicle (daily driver) be insured through another company. They prefer that the vehicle be stored in garage at your residence as well.
              I haven't checked the rates yet as I'm not sure when I will get a car, but for my 3 MG's it's a little over $400 a year for full coverage.

Comment

USAA will charge me $1442 per year to add my incoming C8 to my policy in addition to the two existing cars. I have all of my policies through them, including an umbrella policy that covers most of the liability portion of car insurance. My record is spotless and I have a zillion discounts as part of this. The reason mine is so much higher than other posters above is that I am in California, San Jose to be specific.
                HTC Z51 Red Mist
                Deposit 01/21/21
                2000 04/14/21
                3000 04/20/21
                TPW 08/09/21

Comment

I pay $1476 a year or ($123 a month) with Farmers Insurance and that's with a clean record, multi-car, multi-discount. I was with Statefarm previously and this was the best rate for me after shopping around.

Comment

I had my 4 collector cars with Hagerty. When I picked up the new 2021, I had the NCM quote the comparable insurance. They significantly beat Hagerty, so I am now with NCM for all 5 cars including a 6,000 mile annual plan for the C8 (abt $1,500/yr for all 5). For the NCM insurance, unused miles roll over to the next year.
                    Last edited by 69385vette; 06-11-2021, 09:42 AM.
                    2021 SGM Z51 3LT Coupe
                    2016 Z06/Z07 A8 NRB/Kalahari
                    1969 Corvette Coupe Gold/Tan
                    1967 Pontiac GTO
                    2007 Saturn Sky

Comment

Thanks 69385vette for your specific information. Many MECF members have found the NCM insurance program works excellently fo them, quite a few saving big money as you are:

https://www.ncminsurance.com/
                      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I have high liability limits and absolute top notch coverage in PA with full tort coverage and my 2021 C8 premium is $464 per year. There are many many factors (Erie Insurance--my carrier--has told me there are over 700 factors considered in what my premium is. I have a number of other cars (I believe a total of 7) on my policy plus homeowners and business policies with my insurance company.

Comment

It's impossible to compare rates from one person in one location to another person in a different place. The formulas insurance companies use have dozens of factors, and every company weighs them differently. Obvious things like your driving record, accident history, age and where you live, but also not obvious things like your credit rating, job stability, whether you're married, what other cars you own, and more. One company may be cheaper for driver A in location X, while a different company is cheaper for driver B in location Y.

I pay just over half of that for three cars with Erie insurance.

All the big companies have online tools to get quotes. The only way to find the best rate for YOU is to get quotes from a bunch of companies. If you've been with the same company for years, you're probably paying too much.

Also, rates aren't the only thing that matters. Low premiums don't do you much good if the company refuses to pay claims. Here's a list of highly rated companies for customer service:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020137_39643ec0f71525d9fbfea0f04e59402552f2a794.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	279102
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark2021C8+ View Post
                            I have high liability limits and absolute top notch coverage in PA with full tort coverage and my 2021 C8 premium is $464 per year. There are many many factors (Erie Insurance--my carrier--has told me there are over 700 factors considered in what my premium is. I have a number of other cars (I believe a total of 7) on my policy plus homeowners and business policies with my insurance company.
                            700 is an impressive number! I Googled it and found 25 different factors so I'm curious what sort of other information your insurer collects on you?

Comment

for the OP, that seems high. I will be at $580/yr with State Farm when I pick mine up. But as others have said different circumstances................. I am 59, no tickets in about 20 years or so (I have no idea how I have gone that long). full coverage, no deductible on comprehensive, $500 deduct on collision. I have also been with them for 43 years, so I get multi-car, accident free, and other discounts. so many things go into determining the rate, obviously.

I can tell you that the rate on my C8 is only $48/yr more than my 2018 Honda Type R was.
                              2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
                              Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=7/5/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
                              2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                              2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X