Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Why radiator screens might be a good idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why radiator screens might be a good idea

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_20210610_153554_30927dc6ba0af00c9c6e9d2a96d4511805de007f.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	278914

Yes, that's a rock that hit the screen. No, not my car, image found on the interwebz.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

YI put in the screens from www.c8vettepartsonline.com. They go in front of the stock grilles. Took ten minutes to install myself. Look great. There is literally NO increase in coolant or oil temps and if there was I could remove in 10 seconds.

the little front radiators were getting beat up so with a ten minute install I no longer have a concern.
    Last edited by JB; 06-10-2021, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Views:	986

Yes, that's a rock that hit the screen. No, not my car, image found on the interwebz.
      I'm positive that my screens will be here before my great C8 is arrives.....
      A thought if I might ...

Comment

I screened in “all 4” front Grill Openings….lots of choices on screens, even those new “material” ones that take “less than 10 minutes to install”….I went with metal….that rock appears like it could have been placed there by a screen vendor 😊👍🏼

Comment

The C8vettepartsonline screens are fastened with the super strong 3M tape. I was wondering how they can be removed, if need be, without damaging where they are fastened?

Comment

Originally posted by bobjason9301 View Post
            The C8vettepartsonline screens are fastened with the super strong 3M tape. I was wondering how they can be removed, if need be, without damaging where they are fastened?
            JB says they'll come off in 10 minutes and there is a simple way to do this.

All the best engineers apply the BFM technique for that tape (Brute Force Methodology). If a little is good, more is better.

As far as damage that's all relative and from an engineering standpoint, the car still drives, so it's all good.😉

Comment

I've seen rocks stuck in the darned places. Usually the closer (lower) to the road surface the more susceptible the area is to road hazard damage. Being up high doesn't necessarily prevent it though, for example I've taken a few rock chips in the windshield of my Silverado.😠
              Since we can have a fair amount of road debris around here, the first things on my to do list will be the protective screens as well as splash guards.😉

Comment

Originally posted by bobjason9301 View Post
                Nylon fishing line will cut through the tape. Then you need to use solvent to get all the remaining tape / adhesive off.
                Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Views:	986

I’m hoping we see a Factory installation of these screens by the time the Z06 arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by EL VIEJO View Post
                    I screened in “all 4” front Grill Openings….lots of choices on screens, even those new “material” ones that take “less than 10 minutes to install”….I went with metal….that rock appears like it could have been placed there by a screen vendor 😊👍🏼
                    Which ones did you go with?
                    Save the wave.

Comment

Originally posted by 73shark View Post

Which ones did you go with?

check your DM

😊👍🏼

Comment

Name:	20201011_163002.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	3.02 MB
ID:	279685 I went with Home Depot's Frost King Gutter Guard, under $2 for the roll. Its a bit of work to stuff the screen behind the grill and ziptie it into place, but the result looks good and is effective against leaves and stones

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210614-071828.png Views:	0 Size:	729.2 KB ID:	279684
                        Last edited by WillRockwell; 06-14-2021, 06:27 AM.
                        Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

so have we gotten permission from GM do make these mods? Hopefully by the time mine is built, they will have addressed these screens AND the computer updates

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                            so have we gotten permission from GM do make these mods? Hopefully by the time mine is built, they will have addressed these screens AND the computer updates
                            I don't think GM is going to add screens at any point. They have to ensure adequate cooling under worst case conditions, which includes racetrack use in high temps. Tadge said that for many people, if you're not in an extremely hot climate and not tracking the car, that adding screens would probably not cause any problems. But since GM hasn't, and won't, test aftermarket products, they're not going to endorse any specific products or make any promises. Nor will they give "permission" to add any aftermarket products. That's not the business GM is in.

There are lots of people on this and other sites who have installed screens, and I've not seen one report of overheating as a result. If you live in the middle east, don't add screens. If you're going to track the car in hot weather, don't add screens. For normal use, you'll have to make your own decision. I'll be installing screens on mine as soon as I get it back from having PPF installed.
                            Last edited by meyerweb; 06-14-2021, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Its 96 here today and for the next two weeks....oh yea, terrible humidity too

Maybe GM will look at this and covering the shock towers

and all the computer glips

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X