Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Order Number ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order Number ?

This from my salesman at my dealer. I placed my $2500 deposit last week, it has been charged to my account. I "think" I read on here I should now have an order number?? Here is hi reply when I asked for my order number, is he correct?
    1. We don’t have an order number for your vehicle as we do not put the order into GM’s Work Bench until it is time to place your order.

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    This from my salesman at my dealer. I placed my $2500 deposit last week, it has been charged to my account. I "think" I read on here I should now have an order number?? Here is hi reply when I asked for my order number, is he correct?
    1. We don’t have an order number for your vehicle as we do not put the order into GM’s Work Bench until it is time to place your order.
    Some dealers do it that way, some enter the order right away. In most circumstances it doesn't really matter, as an order without an allocation isn't going to go anywhere. Especially right now, as any orders for 2021 MY cars will get cancelled, and MY 22 orders can't be entered yet.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I'd suggest "surfing" these Forums to get a better understanding of the process.

With the new C8 Corvette (and other vehicles delayed by COVID) placing a deposit only secures your place in line to get the vehicle. Your dealer must get an allocation from GM for the C8, that allocation must be assigned to you (depending upon your place on the list), then you place your actual order for the vehicle and only after that, the "more important waiting game" begins since you're then waiting for GM to accept your order for production...and hoping it gets built sooner rather than later. Many on lists for 2020's and 2021's and even some with allocations accepted by GM, didn't or won't get their C8 built due to COVID delays. Your dealer should have explained all this to you. Good luck!

Comment

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered

Comment

Sorry, I make posts right when I think of it. I do get redundant. I guess I should just read all the posts here at least till there is a tiny pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel

Comment

It is impossible to get an order number now because MY2021 is done. No orders can be entered until MY2022 starts. People are estimating that will be mid-July. Your order can be handled 1 of two ways. Deposit placed, and dealer puts you on their list. Once you work your way down the list, and they get an allocation for you, the call you, you enter an order, and put it into the system, then it should go 3000 status fairly quickly. Or, you place a deposit, come mid-late july, the dealer will put in an order for you, and you will get an order number. This really doesn't mean much.. Then when they get your allocation, they will call you and verify your order, make and changes if needed, then re-submit it. and will go to 3000 fairly quickly.

Me personally, I was kind of lucky. In December 2020, My dealer put me on their list, and I was 5th. They didn't even take a deposit from me, because he didn't think he was going to get 5 allocations. He did put my initial order config in, but he said it didn't mean much, but I did get an order number. Come February, he got 3 allocations. 2 people ahead of me backed out. So I was 3rd. I made many changes to my order, then he re-submitted. Those 3 allocations were the only ones he got all MY2021. And hopefully in a week and a day, I'll be sitting in my new vette. So technically only a 6 month wait for me, and no deposit. That may be a record on MECF.
            3000 Status on 3/1/2021. 3300 Status on 5/17/2021. 3400 Status on 5/24/2021. Will be built the morning of 6/14/21.
            3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
            Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
            Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

My dealer created my workbench order the same day I gave him my $1k refundable deposit, even though I was #14 on his wait list to get an allocation. I was at status 1100 the next morning. Just made me feel more secure knowing that I was "official" and in the system.
              2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
              Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=7/5/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
              2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
              2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

Please read this thread. It will give you lots of background information that is critical to understanding the GM process when demand exceeds supply. The key is reading to understanding the difference between orders that languish at status 1100 versus those that are 2000 and greater. The former orders are worth truly nothing, mean nothing more than one buying a lottery ticket for a lottery that already ended — one you did not win, however in complete reverse and success, a status 2000+ order is one that GM will build that exact vehicle for that customer.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...t-is-delivered

Let me bluntly put it another way: During the 2020 model year over 10,000 status 1100 orders went nowhere because they were never matched by a dealer with an allocation GM had granted to that dealer, then further matched by that dealer with that specific customer’s order.

And if this was not painful enough, over 10,000, 2021 models year status 1100 orders again went no where — also ended up with a C8 not being built for that customer that model year,.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                  Sorry, I make posts right when I think of it. I do get redundant. I guess I should just read all the posts here at least till there is a tiny pinpoint of light at the end of the tunnel
                  No worries. The forum is here to inform and answer questions. We were all new to the process once.
                  Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X