Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

2022 C8 Increases $1,200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JB View Post
    I thought Corvette marketing added blind spot monitoring to the 1Lt. Not that I need it. $1200 increase where inflation has hit 5 percent in the news the other day. Considering the demand of the c8 s in the preowned market and the prices being thrown about...

1200 is not a big increase.

corvette marketing is being quite generous to its loyal corvette base who have orders in but can not get them filled in 2022.

i wouldnt be surprised for a mid 2022 price increase again.
    Of course, the visualizer could be wrong, too, and what I copied just carried over from last year. Wouldn't be the first time the visualizer differed from reality.

I wouldn't be surprised by another price increase, either. Three small increases (one in 2021, two in 2022) are easier to swallow than 1 big one.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

The increase in the inflation number is largely due to increases in the cost of new and used cars, airline and hotel room prices, and petroleum energy. It would be circular thinking to raise a car's price because of increased retail car prices.

Wall Street thinks the inflation just observed is "transitory", due to the economy reopening after being COVID suppressed for a year. I tend to agree.

Comment

Lets hope there is no increase in option prices!

Comment

still puts a smile on my face everytime i get in and drive
          Same! I keep finding reasons to take it out. So much fun. 👍🏻
          2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18. Status 3300 on 4/1. Status 3400 on 4/15. TPW 4/19. Born 4/21/21. R8C Museum Delivery 5/17/21.

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
            The increase in the inflation number is largely due to increases in the cost of new and used cars, airline and hotel room prices, and petroleum energy. It would be circular thinking to raise a car's price because of increased retail car prices.

Wall Street thinks the inflation just observed is "transitory", due to the economy reopening after being COVID suppressed for a year. I tend to agree.
            I like your insights yet I disagree. The cost of oil skyrocketing (and we all know why so we dont have to discuss here) is driving costs up of other goods...) inflation is ramping up and will not be curtailed any time soon.the fed has no way to control inflation. The fed cant raise rates with a national debt around 30 trillion due to covid spending plans etc.

when rates go up it will bankrupt this nation. IMO

Comment

Demand on the stingray is so high. The corvette marketing team gave a gift of 2 percent increase. Rumors suggest that the rear view camera or the lane detection arrows are standard for 2022. I cant remember which.
              There are no lane detection arrows in the C8, or lane departure warnings. Just side blind zone alert and rear cross traffic alert (2Lt and 3LT). Both of my other GM vehicles have both lane departure warning and forward collision alert warning, I was surprised that the C8 doesn’t have the forward camera in the mirror assembly which is required for those systems. I thought I read that Tadge said it would make the structure around the mirror too large.

Comment

16Falcon. PLease excuse my lack of terminology for these safety systems. I have a 1LT z51 fe4. I personally dont use those safety systems because my corvette doesnt have them.

Funny story..li take my wife out every week on Sundays for three years in her alfa stelvio ti for brunch and a movie while i hire an aid to watch my severly autistuc 25 year old. I just returned her lease last week. Would you believe for the first time ever I saw those little gold arrows in her side view mirrors...thats what so many people are talking about..lthey go on when someone is in your blindspot. Its cool and I understand why you like them. I just never noticed them before.

now my new audi etron I pucjed up back in March for her...that vehicle if you dont signal before going over a lane....the car steers itself back into or at least tries to steer back into the previous lane...its pretty bizarre. She hates it...i find it interesting technology.

i dont know what 2022 s are offering. I could have sworn some safety system similiar to what was in the 2 lt is becoming standard on all corvettes but meyersweb and a few other members here say no...

you guys know best...i really dont follow that extra safety stuff.

Enjoy all these great options..Im still marvelling at this corvette 8;months in fast approaching 7k miles,

im still debating do I add the two pints or quarts whatever the trans take for track work or or do I wait for 22k miles...

im going to flip a coin when I go in for the 7500 mile service in a month or so.

anyone on the fence with the c8 please be aware the vehicle is utterly fabulous...even with minimal luxury options. (Usually not my thing)

Comment

Kudos to GM who increased the price of the C8 just 3.7% in two model years while vehicle price inflation has increased 12% in just the last one year. The 3.7% price increase includes both the $1,200 increase for the upcoming. 2022 model year and the $1,000 price increase passed in early March.

Originally posted by CNN
                  The average new car price hit a record $38,255 in May, according to JD Power, up 12% from the same period a year ago.
                  https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/11/busin...ply/index.html Source= CNN Business; June 11, 2021

Given that the C8 has been the most requested vehicle this past two years (total made compared to total requested], this is all the more remarkable.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

16Falcon. PLease excuse my lack of terminology for these safety systems. I have a 1LT z51 fe4. I personally dont use those safety systems because my corvette doesnt have them.

Funny story..li take my wife out every week on Sundays for three years in her alfa stelvio ti for brunch and a movie while i hire an aid to watch my severly autistuc 25 year old. I just returned her lease last week. Would you believe for the first time ever I saw those little gold arrows in her side view mirrors...thats what so many people are talking about..lthey go on when someone is in your blindspot. Its cool and I understand why you like them. I just never noticed them before.

now my new audi etron I pucjed up back in March for her...that vehicle if you dont signal before going over a lane....the car steers itself back into or at least tries to steer back into the previous lane...its pretty bizarre. She hates it...i find it interesting technology.
                    No problem, I was mostly clarifying for anyone reading who might think that the C8 has Lane Departure Warning (LDW), which it doesn’t.

This is the first car I have owned that has the blind spot monitor, it is taking a little bit of time for me to consciously remember to actually look at the indicator to be sure it is not lit up. Same thing with the convex mirror on the pickup truck, it’s a new thing for me to consciously check.

And I agree with your wife that the LDW trying to steer you back towards your lane is annoying. It can make your steering a little “jerky” even when you are still in your lane but maybe getting close to a line. My other car just beeps at me which I like better.

Comment

Any new word from GM on Z06 for MY2022 ? I would have thought they would announce all MY2022 updates at once. Is the rumor still some annoucement on the Z06 and/or other advanced models is coming in July ? Like (7/18/2021.....) ?? Asking for a friend, LOL !!

Comment

The only thing I keep hearing is MY 2023.

Comment

The chances of a Z06 being earlier than a 2023 model year just evaporated. The earliest we will see its reveal is the end of this calendar year or early next year and many still believe its reveal is not until next spring.

Most optimistic (yet realistic) estimates as to when it will start down the assembly line for customers would be middle of July, 2022.

Sorry Binger for these are definitely not the answers you (nor any of us) wanted.
                          GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Whoa.....that is a big change from the C6 and C7 history where the Z06 followed the Stingray by only a year or two. 2023 is a long wait for a lot of Corvette fans. I hope its worth it. The C8 is a wonderful car, but it sure has been snake-bit on these production issues. GM could have easily sold three times the number if units they have produced so far.

Comment

Yes it is a L O N G wait. Thankfully those of us fortunate who have a C8 or soon will be getting one but yet plan to eventually get a Z06, have a lot of great car to tide us over in the interim.

This is the only time in the last three decades I decided not to wait to get a Z06 as my first one of the new generation So, SO glad I got the “mega” entry version Stingray to enjoy until the Z06 actually arrives.

Comment

John, when you dispose of your present, "interim" c8, your depreciation loss should be minimal, maybe zero.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X