Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Looks Like Bad News For Those Waiting For 2021 C8's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks Like Bad News For Those Waiting For 2021 C8's.....

Must admit that this one surprised me.... Know there are industry wide supply chain issues and I hope that 2022 models will not be impacted however I am sure that they will. Sure more will come out about this before too long. I live very close to the largest Chevy Dealer in the US. Their lot looks like they have gone out of business there are so few vehicles.

GM cancels remaining 2021 Chevy Corvette production this month (msn.com)
    Last edited by Busa Dave; 06-08-2021, 09:31 AM.

Originally posted by Busa Dave View Post
    Must admit that this one surprised me.... Know there are industry wide supply chain issues. Sure more will come out about this.

GM cancels remaining 2021 Chevy Corvette production this month (msn.com)
    This has been well reported throughout the site. They have enough orders in the system to build 186 each weekday until early September to finish out the model year. No allocation in June, 2022 orders are expected to start next month.
    On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Understand that however, did not see the official letter from cited. Go ahead and kill the thread then.

Comment

June C8 allocations were eliminated but 2021 C8 production will continue into the week of September 6th.

Comment

I hated being stuck at 3000 status for weeks, until I suddenly was never so happy to be at a 3000 status now TPW of 7/5 is holding right now, and I don't know what to think about GM's statement that they will build all status 3000 status 2021's. I wonder if over the last two weeks they were able to firm up supply lines to where they are confident they can get all of the currently accepted orders for 2021 manufactured. otherwise, that was a very bold statement to make.
          2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
          Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=7/5/21, Built=7/8/21, NCM delivery=7/22/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
          2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
          2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

They made that same statement in writing one year ago regarding their commitment to complete every status 3000, 2020 model. Many doubters then but they pulled it off with two weeks to spare. And this time they would have even more time should they need it for their is no end to the calendar year for over 3 months.

Last year to accomplished they even chartered cargo plans to go pick up and fly to BGA parts to keep the 2020’s going down the line. They just last week also made that same statement to some of its key field personnel to get key parts to keep the 2021 moving forward.

GM also has overtime available at BGA should they wish to use it. They will get every single 3000 status 2021 completed.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Another key point that people on other sites don't seem to get is that canceling June allocations isn't going to delay anyone's order. If you were expecting your allocation in June, your order would have been built after the May allocations are finished. Now your allocation will come up (probably) in July, and your car will STILL be built right after the last May allocation. Only it will be built as a 2022,not as a 2021.
              Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                Another key point that people on other sites don't seem to get is that canceling June allocations isn't going to delay anyone's order. If you were expecting your allocation in June, your order would have been built after the May allocations are finished. Now your allocation will come up (probably) in July, and your car will STILL be built right after the last May allocation. Only it will be built as a 2022,not as a 2021.

I get the math about being after the May allocations, but.....
                $1k price protection?
                Nope.
                Decent increase in over all price?
                You bet!
                Now I'm hearing production of 22's won't start until 10-4-21. Just great.
                Enjoy at least some fall driving as expected?
                Again, nope.
                Very early 22 allocation looking like Thanksgiving to Christmas delivery.
                Just perfect for Mass. timing. 😖
                Pay through the nose and put it away for winter.
                2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks. September first delivery??
                Now 22. Thinking adding cf interior and deleting hash marks.
                Delivery? Who knows. ☹☹

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                  Now your allocation will come up (probably) in July, and your car will STILL be built right after the last May allocation. Only it will be built as a 2022,not as a 2021.
                  Do not think that is the way GM works. Need to do some more research on how orders are placed from one year model to the next year model. GM cannot change the contract they have with the Dealers on what they build on different year model vehicles. Are you just guessing/assuming or does this exist in writing from GM?

Comment

Do not think that is the way GM works. Need to do some more research on how orders are placed from one year model to the next year model. GM cannot change the contract they have with the Dealers on what they build on different year model vehicles. Are you just guessing/assuming or does this exist in writing from GM?
                    No orders for MY 2022 have been accepted by GM. Every 2021 order that has been accepted will be built by, currently, the week of Sept. 7th. We expect GM will start accepting 2022 orders in July, probably on the 15th, and that the first 2022s will go down the production line the next workday after the 2021s are finished.

If all that holds true, regardless of the dates, even if GM gave allocation for and accepted orders for a 2022 MY starting in June the cars wouldn't roll down the line until the 2021s were finished in early September. So, it doesn't change anything at all about the wait itself, it only changes whether your eventual car will be a late 2021 or an early 2022 if you would have received allocation in June but are now July.
                    On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

No orders for MY 2022 have been accepted by GM. Every 2021 order that has been accepted will be built by, currently, the week of Sept. 7th. We expect GM will start accepting 2022 orders in July, probably on the 15th, and that the first 2022s will go down the production line the next workday after the 2021s are finished.

If all that holds true, regardless of the dates, even if GM gave allocation for and accepted orders for a 2022 MY starting in June the cars wouldn't roll down the line until the 2021s were finished in early September. So, it doesn't change anything at all about the wait itself, it only changes whether your eventual car will be a late 2021 or an early 2022 if you would have received allocation in June but are now July.
                      If you are buying and paying for a 2021 model that is what you will get. A Different order will have to be placed for a 2022 model.

Comment

If you are buying and paying for a 2021 model that is what you will get. A Different order will have to be placed for a 2022 model.
                        If bought and paid for, yes. However, that doesn't happen until later in the process after your order has built etc.

If you place a deposit with, say Mike @ Criswell, you have secured a place in line to order a C8. If your place in line falls in 2021 great, if not you get bumped to 2022, etc.

Mike isn't going to throw all the people that placed deposits early this year off the list on favor of those who specifically placed deposits for 2022s, your place in line is secured when you place your deposit and will come your turn when the list gets to you regardless of what MY GM is building at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by steve8 View Post

I get the math about being after the May allocations, but.....
                          $1k price protection?
                          Nope.
                          Decent increase in over all price?
                          You bet!
                          Now I'm hearing production of 22's won't start until 10-4-21. Just great.
                          Enjoy at least some fall driving as expected?
                          Again, nope.
                          Very early 22 allocation looking like Thanksgiving to Christmas delivery.
                          Just perfect for Mass. timing. 😖
                          Pay through the nose and put it away for winter.
                          I didn't say anything about price, did I? But on the bright side of the price calculation, your 2022 will have one year less depreciation when you eventually sell it than a 2021 built one day earlier.

If 2022 production doesn't start until 10-4, then June allocations wouldn't start until 10-4 either. 2022 production will literally start on the same or next day after the last 2021 gets built, so June allocations would be no sooner.
                          Last edited by meyerweb; 06-08-2021, 08:34 PM.
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Yes, your order will have to be reentered, but dealers are going to submit 2022 orders in the same order of deposit they would have submitted them as 2021s. If you're on the waiting list for a '21, you're order will move ahead of all the other 2022 orders that would have been behind you. At least at reputable dealers.

Comment

Me. Year and a half wait.20 to 21. Small price increase. Worth it? Hell yes 👍

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X