Collapse

Front license blasphemy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put my plate in the recessed place, didn't use the plate bracket it's awful. Had a flipper on my 14 and my wife got arrested for it, we had many warnings about not have a plate on front. The flipper plate bracket is against the law here in Texas, had a state trooper with a grudge. Formal complaint on him and he is having fun at the border.

Comment

Originally posted by Warp Ten View Post
      I don't know what the front license bracket for a C8 looks like, but on the C7 the supplied bracket stood higher than the grille and looked goofy; probably had to match state plate height requirements. But they also supplied a form fitting in-grille bracket with a Corvette logo that could double as a license bracket. I trimmed it to be as small as practically possible and bent the front plate to match the V of the grille. Works fine for me. I realize lots of folks in Illinois and other front plate states take a chance without having one, but I subscribe to the Murphy's Law theory and always assume that if I don't have one and am pulled over, it will only be after I have had a few beers. So I keep a front plate on mine. Also, around Chicago, if one parks downtown or at O'Hare airport you almost always will get a ticket. The city really, really wants your money.--Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontPlate.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	2.47 MB
ID:	277972
      Just a Few of the places I'll never park my C8

Hope to see you on the Road or at a Cars-n-Coffee
      [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
      Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

Originally posted by Vitamin C8 View Post
        Its not that bad if you use the factory recessed area and put a tinted cover over it. Its angled towards the ground so you hardly notice it.

Name:	front left angle.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	328.6 KB
ID:	277979
        I like this !! I'll have to contact the Texas DMV have a look at the law itself. My Cop shooting buddies say it's the law but mostly give warnings to most drivers. Knowing my luck I'll get tased

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
          I'm a long way from taking delivery BUT I'm already stressing over a front license plate. I live in Texas where its required.😣 Talk about killin a "look". Guess i'll roll dirty till i get popped by the popo.
          . Rule #1 of C8 ownership, No Front License Plate ( Under ANY Circumstances) haha , I’ll NEVER put a Front License Plate on my C8 , Click image for larger version

Name:	27073434-4C30-4BE7-A3DB-04CB79BE4ACE.jpeg
Views:	176
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	278127

Comment

I'm still being rogue on this and run without . Will give in after 1st ticket or warning. I have a major SP barracks about 5 miles away and so far it hasn't been a problem. The problem is that it gives them a reason to stop you where they wouldn't if you had the plate.

Comment

Make your own and attach it top the bracket holes that are there already.
              Or buy one from amazon and also screw it to the existing holes. I made my own bracket

Name:	Capture 1.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	109.5 KB
ID:	278133

Murray - Uxbridge, Ontario, Canada
              2020 Torch red Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 2LT Q8Q E60 NPP
              Deposit: July 30/19, 1100: Sept 15/19, 3000: Feb 14/20, TPW WAS May 18, August 24 and lastly July 27,
              3300: July 15, 3400: July 22, 3800: July 30, 4200: Aug 06, 5000: Aug 7, 6000: Aug 12!

Comment

I like this !! I'll have to contact the Texas DMV have a look at the law itself. My Cop shooting buddies say it's the law but mostly give warnings to most drivers. Knowing my luck I'll get tased
                In Texas it is illegal to put tinted covers on license plates. Don't forget that in Texas we're on a points system so each ticket takes points away. There is current legislation going through our house trying to remove front plates. Hope it goes through.

Comment

I hear you! Am in Texas as well and do run one either. Just always know that it is a free excuse to get pulled over. ☹

Comment

I'm a long way from taking delivery BUT I'm already stressing over a front license plate. I live in Texas where its required.😣 Talk about killin a "look". Guess i'll roll dirty till i get popped by the popo.
                    Carry the front plate with you IF you get stopped just produce the plate and tell them your waiting on a part to mount it …..just say’n😉
                    2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                    6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                    2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                    2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

I live in Washington which requires a front plate and haven't been using one since getting my car last August. I'd guess fully 10% of all cars here don't use them and it seems like there wouldn't be that many if it was being enforced. So still crossing my fingers.

Comment

20 yrs no front plate in NY. No problem yet. I threw out the plate holder as soon as I got home. ANY covering clear or whatever is illegal.Improper height (too low or high) illegal. Bending illegal. Might as well leave it off.

​​​​​

Comment

I am also waiting for the first warning. I would say that almost 50% of the Teslas ( and here in Northern California, there are a lot of them) have no front plates too.
                          2021 HTC 2LT, NPP, Mag ride

Comment

I live in Texas as well.

Check this out for the C8 Z51, also have one on their website for for the base model...

https://stonsho.com/2020-2021-c8-corvette-z51-sns200a/

I have this installed on my 19' MB CLS 53 AMG E1 and works like a champ...

Scott

Comment

I live in Massachusetts and have used the supplied bracket since day 1. It really doesn't bother me too much. Why give an officer another reason to pull you over? I also think if I did get pulled over, my odds of getting out with just a warning would be increased since it gives them less to be upset about.

Comment

Haven't had a place to put one for more than 20 years ... no Ticket Yet

Name:	99 C5 Front.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	278282
                                [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
                                Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X