Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Does Owning A C8 Just Bring Innate Happiness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Owning A C8 Just Bring Innate Happiness?

For those of you who own a C8, do you find that without even driving it, without even going to the garage to see it, that just having it as part of your life just brings your contentment?

I doubt for any of us it is an ego thing where we think we are better because we have one?

So are we weird? Or what else enters into our ownership pleasure? Or am I the only one so “touched?”

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

You’re not alone. Like you said it doesn’t propel my ego knowing I have a C8. What it does do is bring me joy. It’s the most fun I’ve ever had driving a car. I learn something new almost every time I drive it. I love taking friends for drives, if for nothing else then to bring smiles to their faces. My favorite part may not be driving the car. It’s when I walk out to it in a parking lot and their are masses of people standing around it, asking “what is it” and if it’ll be alright to take some photos. I’m happy to comply with their wishes. I love when someone asks if they can sit in it, and if I’ll take their picture while doing so. I love that part even more when it’s a young hotty! LOL. I really enjoy the salutations from other drivers. A kid driving a Hellcat gave me a thumbs up this afternoon. Another guy literally stopped in the on coming turn lane in order to quickly snap a picture of the car yesterday.

Do I consider myself better then anybody for having a C8? Absolutely not. I do however consider myself very lucky to have gotten one, even if it took 616 days. I know once GM starts producing these cars in the numbers they want to these scenarios will get rarer and rarer. But for now I’m going to enjoy every second, be it behind the wheel or at a parking lot giving “tours” to absolute strangers!

Comment

I have always been that way with any of my new to me cars and believe me none of them were anything close to a C8!

Comment

I just got my name on a list and I'm giddy at the thought of actually having a C8 in the garage. Shouldn't have waited so long to commit, but whatever. Feel for the folks that have had to wait so long.
        Never even sat in a Corvette so this will be fun.
        Only told 3 people what I ordered, guess it won't be a secret for very long though.
        I already have innate happiness without even owning a C8, can't imagine how happy y'all are driving and looking at these cars..
        Last edited by flynfry; 06-06-2021, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Yes but your thread has heightened my anticipation of being without my C8 for a coupla months beginning in two weeks when we take our annual sojourn to our Adirondack wilderness cabin. Its gonna have to stay behind for a number of good reasons. So in addition to missing running water (except the stream in front of our cabin), TV, internet, cell phone and many other things we take for granted every day, I'll miss my C8.

Thats OK. Its a beautiful setting and the unlimited chores it takes to just keep things running smoothly there in addition to all the outdoor activities will be good and fun distractions. I will have that innate happiness you speak of while I sit in my two holer or grapple with the camp shower knowing my C8 is safely and patiently waiting for my return in late August.

Comment

I think there's a certain amount joy from pride of ownership. When I drive it, I don't feel like I'm showing off to others. The C8 is a special car, something I can take pride in and spend shall I say, "quality time", with?

Comment

"Innate Happiness"

Funny, when I woke up this morning one of my first thoughts was that the forecast is great for today, and that I'll get some very enjoyable wheel-time in the C8.

My 2nd thought was that the C8 (much like the C7) was a great purchase, given the amount of pleasure the car has delivered.

So, I think that may qualify as "innate happiness".

Like most of you, I've also lost count of all the C8-related compliments that I've gotten over the past year, from people at red lights, at gas stations, and everywhere else the C8 ventures to.

It's not unusual that when I look at oncoming drivers around town, I can see that they are smiling their approval of the C8. I expect most of you have already noticed this.

So, I would say the C8 spreads the "Innate Happiness" widely. 😎
              My C8:
              '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
              '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
              '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
              '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

Thats OK. Its a beautiful setting and the unlimited chores it takes to just keep things running smoothly there in addition to all the outdoor activities will be good and fun distractions. I will have that innate happiness you speak of while I sit in my two holer or grapple with the camp shower knowing my C8 is safely and patiently waiting for my return in late August.
                That's a luxury many cabin owners aspire to.

We too have a family lake cabin up in Maine, which dad built in the 50's. My brothers and my sister continue to get good use out of it with our own families now.

Have a great time, Boomer!
                Last edited by Mobius; 06-06-2021, 08:28 AM.
                My C8:
                '20 Elkhart Lake Blue 2LT Coupe, Natural Interior, GT2 Two-Tone Seats, Performance Exhaust, Front Lift, Carbon Flash Wheels, Engine Appearance Package 2000 Status December 27, 2019; 3000 Status January 2, 2020; 3400 Status March 10, 2020;TPW March 16, 2020; Built June 4th, 2020 (COVID-19); Delivery July 1, 2020

Current Vettes:
                '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                '91 Turquoise Convertible with Hardtop
                '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust

Comment

This is true for every Vette I have owned. Something just isn't right in the world when I am without.
                  Rapid Blue HTM 2LT GT2 E60 NPP Q8T

Comment

We do enjoy ourC8, it is an amazing car value, but I have to admit that I enjoy my shop and all its tools. They have allowed us to make fabricate many projects and the challenge and excitement of learning new things.
                    3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

I'm hanging this in my garage...it sums up my feelings.

Click image for larger version

Name:	55631A4A-C941-41D7-8FE6-A371462E4750.jpeg
Views:	327
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	277295
                      '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post

So in addition to missing running water (except the stream in front of our cabin), TV, internet, cell phone and many other things we take for granted every day, I'll miss my C8.

Yes, this car adds happiness, especially in light of the troubling world we're living in today. We're fortunate to be able to buy a little extra fun that few are able to do. I like the comments above regarding sharing this car whenever you can with others.

Boomer's good fortune in having that wilderness cabin is very timely. Hope he savors being without TV, internet and cell phones, while sitting on the two holer! We cruise the wilderness waters of Ontario every summer for those very reasons...never feel more joy and relief than without those things.

The C8 experience, although in a totally different way, brings a bit of joy.
                        '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
                        '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
                        '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
                        '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
                        '14 Black Z51 Coupe
                        '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

To Johns initial post, I say 'all of the above'!
                          2020 HTC Torch Red with lots of goodies. Built in September. Museum Delivered in October......

Other toys in the garage: Ferrari California, BMW i8 Roadster, Bentley Flying Spur

Comment

Some may consider me fortunate enough to have had two C8 Corvettes a 2020 coupe and now a 2021 HTC. But, the period of wait in between waiting for the 2021 HTC after selling the 2020 Coupe (seven months) was as painful as the much much longer initial wait. Maybe cause I already had a taste of what the C8 would do and I do not drive my cars much. I like having them So, yes they are necessary ornaments in my garage and are missed when gone. .And when someone offers me 30 grand more for this one, oh well. Then the wait will begin again for the one I really want THE ZO6

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	c826.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	392.1 KB
ID:	277312 Click image for larger version

Name:	c824.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	277310 Click image for larger version

Name:	c825.jpg
Views:	316