Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

If you're wondering where to mount an EZ Pass....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're wondering where to mount an EZ Pass....

This works for me.

I hate having that ugly white lump shining through the windshield, so I always look for a better option. I mounted it with a couple of pieces of Velcro. It's inside the rubber gasket, so rain won't come down the surface it's mounted on (and the Velcro gives it enough standoff that water would run behind it, anyway. And it's high enough that water draining into the area below isn't going to reach it. It's angled about the same degree as on a windshield and rhe plastic hood doesn't interfere with the signal at all. I went through four tool booths* yesterday, and all four read it correctly and posted to my account.

*I gave the toll authority my money in the name of science!

Click image for larger version

Name:	smarttag.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	2.17 MB
ID:	277005
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Cool! Thanks for your "funded research".

Comment

I use one of these. It will not mar your windshield, and you can move it from car to car easily as well as experiment with placement. The clip holds it very firmly. So much better than Velcro!

I https://www.amazon.com/Suction-Holde...r+suct&sr=8-16
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Prof. Eindackel; 06-04-2021, 11:48 PM.

Comment

I painted mine black to cut down on the ugly. Click image for larger version  Name:	EZ.jpg Views:	0 Size:	546.8 KB ID:	277016

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Eindackel View Post
          Are use one of these. It will not mar your windshield, and you can move it from car to car easily as well as experiment with placement. The clip holds it very firmly. So much better than Velcro!

I use one of these. Works great and I take it down when I am not driving in the area of a toll road. That said, I will be trying meyerweb's approach which does not require that I remember to pull out my EZPass.
          Delivered 9/5/2020: 2LT C8 Coupe, Long Beach Red, Z51, FE4 Suspension, E60 Lift, Spectra Gray Tridents, GT1 Seats, Jet Black Interior

Comment

Originally posted by Prof. Eindackel View Post
            Are use one of these. It will not mar your windshield, and you can move it from car to car easily as well as experiment with placement. The clip holds it very firmly. So much better than Velcro!

I have something similar,but a lot smaller. It's still an ugly lump. Hidden is so much better than ugly.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

I never had luck with suction cups in 90+ degree heat. The 3M plastic "Velcro" is solid. Never had a issue using it, for anything, in the last 15 years. For me, I'll be using meyerweb's placement. Thanks for that idea and research.
              Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
              Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
              AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

I agree about suction cups. Meyerweb, your frunk mount has the back of the transponder facing out?

Comment

I figured it would work just putting it in one of the front cargo net pockets, I haven't tried it yet though. Also thought about seeing if it would fit behind the cover where the front plate goes, but figured I'd just toss it in the pocket first.

Comment

what about just placing it behind the infotainment screen?

Comment

I have to swap the IPass transponder between two cars fairly regularly depending which is up on the lift and which is down for daily use. (Too cheap to buy an extra one). Therefore I have mine mounted in both cars in the lower left corner of the windshield. It is definitely ugly (maybe painting it black would be a good idea as noted above) but is in an easy to reach location for a quick swap. --Bob

Click image for larger version

Name:	IPassLocation.JPG
Views:	882
Size:	594.3 KB
ID:	277102
                      2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                      -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                      1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                      1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                      1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                      ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                      Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                      NCM Lifetime Member
                      Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                      "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

I just leave mine in the glovebox until needed. Thank goodness I rarely drive places with tolls. I just hold it up in my hand when needed, then back to the glovebox it goes. Same transponder is shared between both of our vehicles...... just have to remember to grab it out of the other car if needed before leaving home.
                        Last edited by Strake; 06-05-2021, 11:16 AM.
                        3LT Coupe, Z51 Torch Red with two toned Red/black interior. 5VM visible CF ground effects, Carbon Flash wheels, engine appearance package and Carbon Fiber interior trim. Mag Ride control. Red Calipers. VQK Splash Guards. Carbon fiber: mirrors and spoiler; Door handles & boomerangs; Rear Diffuser with vertical diffuser fins; A Pillar; B Pillar; Rear Hatch Side Vents, as well as top camera surround piece and lower under glass piece; Engine bay surround pieces; and front grill trim.

Comment

Originally posted by BlaBlaBla View Post
                          I figured it would work just putting it in one of the front cargo net pockets, I haven't tried it yet though. Also thought about seeing if it would fit behind the cover where the front plate goes, but figured I'd just toss it in the pocket first.
                          For EZPass I do know they are kinda picky where it will work. Many Many years ago I remember I left mine in my arm rest one time by mistake, and went through a toll, and it did not register. Now maybe they have more advanced tech since then, but who knows.
                          Delivered 6/30/21: The Red Demon 2021 3LT Red Mist HTC.
                          Jet Black Interior w/Red Stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors. Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                          AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, Engine Vents, Mirror Caps, Front Grill Inserts, and Door Boomerangs.

Comment

I do not go on the express ways ever day so I don't attach it to the windshield and only hold it up by hand when I need it and put it back in the bag and place it in glove box.

Comment

While Meyerweb’s suggestion is good for those who want to mount the transponder permanently, Cobia’s suggestion is good for temporary use.

We picked up our Vette from Mike Furman Wednesday. Leaving the dealership, I put the EZpass transponder behind the infotainment screen on the dash. We headed south and used the EZpass lanes on the beltway and on I-95. We ended up having to reroute due to traffic in the Richmond area on 895 which has gates. The gates opened for the transponder.

I’m comfortable putting it on the dash behind the screen. I don’t see it. No one outside sees it.

For what it’s worth.
                              Steve
                              TR HTC 2LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X