Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

1/2 qt. of trans fluid

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    There is zero need to add the two extra quarts to the DCT unless one is tracking the car. To do so because you are spiritedly driving on a country road or similar is not necessary.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

    Comment


    • #17
      With the Cicio fill kit, you CAN add the 2 extra quarts of fluid into the side fill port. You would still need a small pump to add the fluid. The kit is a small assortment of aeroquip fittings and short lengths of aero quip hose, and ( the magic part) an aeroquip check valve. Works great, plus Cicio is a forum sponsor . We have used this setup and it works.
      3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by jagtoes View Post
        OK so I am due for my 7500 mile 1st oil change and trans filter. Watched the youtube video on the trans filter change and it raised a question . I see the tech pumping a 1/2 qt. of fluid into the trans and wondered why they couldn't pump in the 2 extra quarts instead of all of the work removing the trunk and air filter housing. Anyone know why this can't be done that way.
        The location of the side fill plug is right at the correct level for the standard fill. The level of the plug hole creates what is called a “weir”. It is a spillway like a waterfall. It shows you have the correct fill level when the fluid starts running out. Same as any fill plug for the last 50-60 years.
        3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

        Comment


        • #19
          I think it should be mentioned here that for anyone topping up their own DCT to the proper factory level, GM has a specific procedure for this. I would suggest reading their detailed procedure "Transmission Fluid Level and Condition Check" before starting. In a nutshell, transmission fluid temperature should be between 20 - 40 degrees C (68 - 104 degrees F). Vehicle must be run for 3 to 5 minutes before hand while selecting drive and reverse to fill clutch circuits. fluid level must then be checked within 5 minutes after shutting down vehicle. If anyone has a copy of this, maybe they can post it here for people that want to do it themselves.
          Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N, Deposit July 23, 2019 - 2000 Jan. 20 - 3000 Feb.1 - TPW: July 27, 2020.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Bucketoy View Post
            I think it should be mentioned here that for anyone topping up their own DCT to the proper factory level, GM has a specific procedure for this. I would suggest reading their detailed procedure "Transmission Fluid Level and Condition Check" before starting. In a nutshell, transmission fluid temperature should be between 20 - 40 degrees C (68 - 104 degrees F). Vehicle must be run for 3 to 5 minutes before hand while selecting drive and reverse to fill clutch circuits. fluid level must then be checked within 5 minutes after shutting down vehicle. If anyone has a copy of this, maybe they can post it here for people that want to do it themselves.
            Bucketoy, I believe this is the procedure you are referring to, but this is only for a complete drain and refill. This thread was referring to topping off the oil level after changing the filter. I wouldn't think the clutch circuits would drain when changing the filter, only when draining the entire transmission

            TREMEC Transmission Fluid Fill Procedure.pdf
            1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
            Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

            Comment


            • #21
              If GM really wanted 1/2 gt. added after trans filer change it would be covered in the GM free oil and filer change.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by 5632 View Post
                If GM really wanted 1/2 gt. added after trans filer change it would be covered in the GM free oil and filer change.
                Now I'm confused, I thought that the 1/2qt. DTC Fluid WAS included in the DTC filter change??? Did I miss something?

                Sorry if I overlooked it.
                Delivered April 2, 2021, Ordered from MacMulkin - 1YC67, 3LT, G9F, HU3, DTH, E60, Q8Q, R8C, FE4, J6N, Z51, ZYC, ZZ3, VQK, RCC, VJR, SPY, VYW, CAV

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by hamta View Post

                  Now I'm confused, I thought that the 1/2qt. DTC Fluid WAS included in the DTC filter change??? Did I miss something?

                  Sorry if I overlooked it.
                  I wish it was also but it is not.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I'll let you know after my wednesday service.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by hamta View Post

                      Now I'm confused, I thought that the 1/2qt. DTC Fluid WAS included in the DTC filter change??? Did I miss something?

                      Sorry if I overlooked it.
                      Hamta and 5632, the instructions for the DCT oil filter change say that only 0.2 Liters (or 6.76 fluid ounces) of oil is lost when the filter is changed, NOT 1/2 quart.


                      Click image for larger version

Name:	DCToilAdded.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	277172
                      1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                      Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post

                        Bucketoy, I believe this is the procedure you are referring to, but this is only for a complete drain and refill. This thread was referring to topping off the oil level after changing the filter. I wouldn't think the clutch circuits would drain when changing the filter, only when draining the entire transmission

                        TREMEC Transmission Fluid Fill Procedure.pdf
                        Thank you for that link 2020Colorado. I think a lot of people will find it interesting. I wish I had access to that information and all of its related links.
                        I was a part of a live Q&A this past weekend with Paul Koerner. Paul is a world class certified service technician and CORVETTE SERVICE SPECIALIST at Key Chevrolet, Middletown CT. I specifically asked him for information I might need to know regarding my first DCT filter change. He was quiet adamant in explaining GM's new procedure for topping up the DCT. He referred to the "Transmission Fluid Level and Condition Check" that is step 1 in the link you provided. Of course, the link does not work for me, but if you could post that information, it might add some clarity on this issue, at least for me... lol.
                        Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N, Deposit July 23, 2019 - 2000 Jan. 20 - 3000 Feb.1 - TPW: July 27, 2020.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by 2020Colorado View Post

                          Hamta and 5632, the instructions for the DCT oil filter change say that only 0.2 Liters (or 6.76 fluid ounces) of oil is lost when the filter is changed, NOT 1/2 quart.


                          Click image for larger version

Name:	DCToilAdded.JPG
Views:	127
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	277172
                          If this is true why doesn't "Van Chevrolet" in Scottsdale, Arizona do it?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Bucketoy View Post

                            Thank you for that link 2020Colorado. I think a lot of people will find it interesting. I wish I had access to that information and all of its related links.
                            I was a part of a live Q&A this past weekend with Paul Koerner. Paul is a world class certified service technician and CORVETTE SERVICE SPECIALIST at Key Chevrolet, Middletown CT. I specifically asked him for information I might need to know regarding my first DCT filter change. He was quiet adamant in explaining GM's new procedure for topping up the DCT. He referred to the "Transmission Fluid Level and Condition Check" that is step 1 in the link you provided. Of course, the link does not work for me, but if you could post that information, it might add some clarity on this issue, at least for me... lol.
                            Sorry Bucketoy, that's above my pay grade too. All I get is "You are not authorized to view the requested information." I copied the TREMEC PDF from a post that someone posted in November, 2020. I usually save things like that is case I might need them later. I wish I had access to the Service Manual too.
                            1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                            Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by 5632 View Post

                              If this is true why doesn't "Van Chevrolet" in Scottsdale, Arizona do it?
                              5632, you'll have to ask them or take it up the ladder to the regional manager level. I believe there is a procedure for escalating concerns like this in the back of the owners manual.
                              1LT |Torch Red/Black | MSRP $59,995 | DOB=8/31 | Home on 9/24.
                              Splash Guards, Cargo Nets, All weather Jake Floor Mats and Cargo Area Liner, and Front Grille Screens behind grilles.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                06-05-2021, 11:53 AM
                                I'll let you know after my wednesday service.
                                Jagtoes...What was the result of your service visit?

                                Comment

                                MECF_728x90_bottom

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X