Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

Let's talk about national labor and materials and producing delays, shall we? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atomic6Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by Nasty2ss View Post
    I own a small construction company, placed an add on one of those national sites for an experienced carpenter in month I got one reply. I hired that person and after two weeks it turned out he wasn't quilified He was offered a decent wage,I can use at least 3 more carpenters at this point it seems there aren't any available.Been in business 28 years and as far as finding help this is the worst its ever been by far.So I definitely understand what your going thru atomic 6. You can only work so many hours before you crash and burn.Unfortunatly some people don't understand or care.Hang in there we are all in the same boat. We live in a world where everyone wants thing s right now.
    Thanks for the kind words and to be fair: we're SUPER fortunate, in that our family of clients and customers have always been REALLY patient, supportive, and kind.

It wasn't an issue until I realized we had a team member who wasn't responding at all, which ALWAYS makes people think the worst. (which I would, too, and I honestly understand how she got herself into that hole)

We're back on track now and, save for some lingering carbon fiber production delays that have been a real kick in the junk, it's all a matter of effort over time.

Our team works really, REALLY hard and is super proud of the work they do. I really do believe it shows in the final result.

Now, if we could just do it FASTER. 😁

Leave a comment:

• Nasty2ss
    replied
    I own a small construction company, placed an add on one of those national sites for an experienced carpenter in month I got one reply. I hired that person and after two weeks it turned out he wasn't quilified He was offered a decent wage,I can use at least 3 more carpenters at this point it seems there aren't any available.Been in business 28 years and as far as finding help this is the worst its ever been by far.So I definitely understand what your going thru atomic 6. You can only work so many hours before you crash and burn.Unfortunatly some people don't understand or care.Hang in there we are all in the same boat. We live in a world where everyone wants thing s right now.

Leave a comment:

• Atomic6Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by George View Post
    This thread could start going sideways in a hurry. However, I also respect this company's willingness to accurately share the issues and try hard to communicate with customers.

We're living in an age where, amazingly, millions disregard facts as scams or conspiracies of some sort.
    I'll keep hoping things will improve over time?
    The good news is we have nothing to hide, so sharing delays isn't anything for us to run from.

We have nothing but great reviews and have delivered more than a hundred of these systems to rave reviews.

My only regret is not being more aware of our communication issues sooner, which won't ever happen again.

Here are some examples of what we bring to the table.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02 - High Level Bridge_005.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	277070 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210518_201829_883.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	277071 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201225_120854_652.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	571.1 KB
ID:	277069 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4808.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	277068 Click image for larger version

Name:	636649847.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	277067 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210528_160646_487.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.56 MB
ID:	277072 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210529_175245_277.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	277073

Leave a comment:

• George
    replied
    This thread could start going sideways in a hurry. However, I also respect this company's willingness to accurately share the issues and try hard to communicate with customers.

We're living in an age where, amazingly, millions disregard facts as scams or conspiracies of some sort.
    I'll keep hoping things will improve over time?

Leave a comment:

• Jetdriver
    replied
    Hard to say if the gubment money is causing the labor shortage, but probably has at least something to do with it. But, in all reality, that's going to run out. Then what? Do they all, en masse, apply for a job somewhere? Some states have already cut them off from additional unemployment money, I guess we'll see if that has any impact. Businesses in my locale all have help wanted signs on the street, and have had for quite a while. The economy was soaring before the pandemic, let's hope it will return to that soon. Politics is going to have a lot to do with it, but I don't trust the press to report what's going on accurately anymore.
    Last edited by Jetdriver; 06-06-2021, 07:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Atomic6Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by tkracing1 View Post
    I received a phone call and all is good.

I appreciate the honesty and looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	f65b81fa8f7cccbcd19d530a6892c819.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	276868

Leave a comment:

• Busa Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by tkracing1 View Post

Not looking to air dirty laundry... return my emails.
    Well you have your answer above hopefully. When people email all of the time to complain and I have parts on two different New Vehicles on national backorder it does not get your part any faster in today's environment, In fact, if people are impatient that is understandable I am the Worst but if all of your clients send repeated emails you have no time to do anything else but reply. These are trying times for all industries. The manufacturing sector is in the worst shape it has been in since I can remember with respect to the Supply Chain.

Bottom line is -- there is nothing you can do but wait.

That being said the 1st email should have been replied to and let you know that you would be contacted when the part was projected to ship. The responsible thing for any manufacturer is to communicate. Disposable income items like Corvettes are usually accompanied by highly charged emotions by the people that own them. I have seen it personally in the service drive lol....

The largest Chevrolet Dealer in the US looks like they went out of business there are so few cars on the lot now! Ugly Times Indeed.

Leave a comment:

• tkracing1
    replied
    I received a phone call and all is good.

I appreciate the honesty and looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Last edited by tkracing1; 06-04-2021, 12:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atomic6Carbon
    replied
    JUST getting home from the shop now... (Oy vey)

Thanks for the kind words and while we're trying really hard to communicate, I'm also now aware that the person having been tasked with general updates and overall communication was struggling to keep up as well. (she's taken a few days to get some rest and I'll try to handle most of the heavy lifting personally until she returns)

I got through some of the list of folks to call and follow up with today, but as you can see by the late hour: production consumed a LOT of the day. (in addition to a South Miami meeting I had to attend and THAT'S 3 hours of my life spent driving I'll never get back)

I'll call everyone I didn't get to today as soon as I can tomorrow and get us back to normal. (We're pretty close to being normalized again, thankfully, but these two new techs won't get here soon enough.)

Closing thoughts before bed:

People wouldn't stay home if the businesses who took advantage of taxpayer infrastructure and turned it into nearly unlimited resources that they don't want to share would do exactly that: share.

Example: There's no reason a business should have a single member with a TWO HUNDRED BILLION DOLLAR fortune, while they use that money to bust unions and work people to death l, all while underpaying them.

They've spent billions, across decades, convincing the average person that there's honor in working your life away just so you can barely survive.

It turns out we aren't capitalists reaching for the American dream.

We're labor slaves with Stockholm Syndrome.

My grandfather got paid a wage that allowed him to raise 4 kids and have my grandmother be home to raise them. They always had a new car and toys (boats, hot Rods, motorcycles), went on vacations, and owned their own home.

My father, in contrast, is 63, still goes to work every day, and will count on social security to survive.

Both my grandfather and my father had the same job.

We can fix America's issues, but it starts by asking businesses, both like mine and (especially) those much, much larger, to simply pay our fair share.

Not more.

Not less.

Just the same as everyone else.

If we can simply do that, as a start, it can only get a little easier to live.

If we can't be here for each other, as a rising tide raises all boats, then what's the point of living at all, right?

OK, off my soap box for the night.

You guys are the best!!!

G'nite!

Leave a comment:

• JB
    replied
    I understand and respect the atomic6 carbon owner coming to the forum to give a mass explanation to customers..

thank you for your effort to communicate.

its true the unemployment benefits place most $15 an hour workers better off not taking a job and taking home more money than if they worked. That has created a labor shortage for small businesses and even large businesses.

free money to able bodied individuals is causing labor shortages. In every industry.

we hear you and respect the consideration to communicate to your consumers via the forum. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• 73shark
    replied
    Hard to get people to work at $15/hr when they can sit on their butts at home and make more off all the extra unemployment that DC is throwing at them. 😠

Leave a comment:

• JustOneMore
    replied
    [QUOTE=Atomic6Carbon;n276576]

That's the thing: we start entirely green/untrained techs at $15 an hour, but aren't even receiving responses to "help wanted" postings.

As in, ZERO replies, which is highly unusual. (even during the height of the pandemic, we had people responding and interviewing)

I was not being critical of your hiring practice. My daughter is the HR manager of a large national food mfg co in the Chicago area. They are not only offering $15.50 an hr for untrained workers, but also a $1000 sign on bonus and still can't get applicants.

Leave a comment:

• Plentyfast
    replied
    Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

We currently got 6 full-time employees operating 2 physical locations, all making parts and we are DESPERATE to hire a few more, but they're just not available as fast as we need them, so we're riding this wave just like the rest of the country.

According to the people in Washington, if you want people to work you need to pay higher wages.
    When In Charge, Take Charge ... Looks to me like the Owner is providing an explanation.

Leave a comment:

• Atomic6Carbon
    replied
    Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

We currently got 6 full-time employees operating 2 physical locations, all making parts and we are DESPERATE to hire a few more, but they're just not available as fast as we need them, so we're riding this wave just like the rest of the country.

According to the people in Washington, if you want people to work you need to pay higher wages.
    That's the thing: we start entirely green/untrained techs at $15 an hour, but aren't even receiving responses to "help wanted" postings.

As in, ZERO replies, which is highly unusual. (even during the height of the pandemic, we had people responding and interviewing)

Also: side note (and still Alan updating)

I'm going to call everyone with an update on orders between today and tomorrow. I'm the only one manning the phones with Kris taking a few days off and I'm out of the office/off site, but I'll be back to the office asap and get back to you all as soon as possible.

Leave a comment:

• JustOneMore
    replied

Leave a comment:

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X