Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Let's talk about national labor and materials and producing delays, shall we? :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk about national labor and materials and producing delays, shall we? :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_672088803546955.jpeg
Views:	529
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	276497

Hey there you Corvette Maniacs!

We've had a few *coughs* firm *coughs* conversations (and received a couple nasty-grams via email) with folks over the last few days who are (understandably) getting impatient with some delays and we need to have a discussion about what's going on in the world today, folks

Our operations and production efforts happen 5 days a week (including some holidays) and the team is MOVING the entire day at a break-neck pace.

In spite of that "maximum effort" output, we're just like everyone else, in that we're suffering from the same massive national labor shortages, a lot of materials are getting a little hard to come by, and we're suffering through the prices for goods that ARE available having gone through the roof, so we need you guys to know we're busting our butts to stay out in front of orders, but some things are just out of our hands a little bit. (if one more person calls our brick and mortar business experiencing the same delays as everyone else in America a "scam", I sweater gawd...)

Again, and always worth pointing out: we aren't placing orders for the parts we sell to a manufacturer in China or Mexico, waiting for a container, and repackaging their parts as a business model.

We make everything here in-house, every day!

We've currently got 6 full-time employees operating 2 physical locations, all making parts and we are DESPERATE to hire a few more, but they're just not available as fast as we need them, so we're riding this wave just like the rest of the country.

Now that we've talked about that in abstract terms, let's talk about specific terms.

Here's a video walk through of our finishing shop as of 5:00 PM EST yesterday. (We affectionately refer to it as "The Big Shop" )

***Our Factory style parts (winged skirts and splitters) are usually a 1 to 2 week lead time. They are currently sitting at a 2 to 3 week lead time, give or take a week.

***Our wingless v2.0 splitters and skirts are typically 2 to 3 weeks and are now 3 to 4

***Our V3.0 No-drilling-required side skirts are approximately 2 to 4 week lead times.

***Carbon Fiber we specifically use has become almost unobtanium

These lead times will all cycle back down to 1 to 2 weeks once we can get the supply chain back in order (we've received some positive reassurances from our main suppliers about THEIR inventory levels) and we've interviewed/made offers to several candidates to plug into the system.

The soonest they can start is the 3rd week of June. (15th and 17th respectively)

So, we're here, the office is full of parts, those parts are shipping as fast as possible and daily, and we're making new and always-awesome stuff every day, so hang in there and we'll all get through this together!

As always, if you need us for anything, please email is at [email protected] (you can also DM us via Instagram @atomicsixcarbon)

Thanks for the support, because without you all, one of this would be possible!!!

Love,

The Management

Click image for larger version

Name:	04 - Graffiti 142St-118Ave_001.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	276498

So you post here instead of returning the 3 emails and 2 private messages. Speaks volumes...

Comment

As a person in logistics, I am seeing breakdowns in the supply chains in many sectors. Every company that manufactures ANYTHING is dealing with the same issues. Customers tend not to really care why they haven't received their order...Just ****ed they haven't. I bought wheels for my car.....supposed to be here in April, then May...and now June. Won't help to get ****ed off about it....Or will it?

Comment

Being busy is a good problem to have. Hopefully everything sorts itself sooner rather than later and everyone's parts can get moving.
        On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post
          Being busy is a good problem to have. Hopefully everything sorts itself sooner rather than later and everyone's parts can get moving.
          The hardest part of the entire thing is working your absolute hardest, losing sleep over disappointing people in spite of your best efforts, and someone STILL coming along to call you a "scammer" or to make sure you know THEY don't think you're working hard enough.

The internet makes it SO easy to dismiss a person and be hurtful to the maximum degree.

It's weird how people forget WE are people, too.

That said, we sincerely appreciate all the positive support and patience from most of you guys and gals.

As I said earlier: we understand the frustration, but I promise we're more frustrated by slowdowns than you guys are.

We take this SUPER personally, especially when we know we're killing ourselves to get faster. 😔

Comment

Originally posted by tkracing1 View Post
            So you post here instead of returning the 3 emails and 2 private messages. Speaks volumes...
            What "volumes" does a public discussion speak, exactly?

Comment

Also, we expect to start calling everyone today with personal updates.

It just takes time and manpower, like everything else.

Comment

If you guys have some time, this is worth both a read and a listen.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/globa...100038122.html

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic6Carbon View Post

What "volumes" does a public discussion speak, exactly?
                  Not looking to air dirty laundry... return my emails.

Comment

We currently got 6 full-time employees operating 2 physical locations, all making parts and we are DESPERATE to hire a few more, but they're just not available as fast as we need them, so we're riding this wave just like the rest of the country.

According to the people in Washington, if you want people to work you need to pay higher wages.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

We currently got 6 full-time employees operating 2 physical locations, all making parts and we are DESPERATE to hire a few more, but they're just not available as fast as we need them, so we're riding this wave just like the rest of the country.

According to the people in Washington, if you want people to work you need to pay higher wages.
                      That's the thing: we start entirely green/untrained techs at $15 an hour, but aren't even receiving responses to "help wanted" postings.

As in, ZERO replies, which is highly unusual. (even during the height of the pandemic, we had people responding and interviewing)

Also: side note (and still Alan updating)

I'm going to call everyone with an update on orders between today and tomorrow. I'm the only one manning the phones with Kris taking a few days off and I'm out of the office/off site, but I'll be back to the office asap and get back to you all as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by JustOneMore View Post

When In Charge, Take Charge ... Looks to me like the Owner is providing an explanation.
                        [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
                        Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

[QUOTE=Atomic6Carbon;n276576]

That's the thing: we start entirely green/untrained techs at $15 an hour, but aren't even receiving responses to "help wanted" postings.

As in, ZERO replies, which is highly unusual. (even during the height of the pandemic, we had people responding and interviewing)

I was not being critical of your hiring practice. My daughter is the HR manager of a large national food mfg co in the Chicago area. They are not only offering $15.50 an hr for untrained workers, but also a $1000 sign on bonus and still can't get applicants.

Comment

Hard to get people to work at $15/hr when they can sit on their butts at home and make more off all the extra unemployment that DC is throwing at them. 😠
                            Save the wave.

Comment

I understand and respect the atomic6 carbon owner coming to the forum to give a mass explanation to customers..

thank you for your effort to communicate.

its true the unemployment benefits place most $15 an hour workers better off not taking a job and taking home more money than if they worked. That has created a labor shortage for small businesses and even large businesses.

free money to able bodied individuals is causing labor shortages. In every industry.

we hear you and respect the consideration to communicate to your consumers via the forum. Thank you

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X