Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

More bad news from BGA....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More bad news from BGA....

I just got an email from Shane at NCM, plant shutdown again next week. My car is sitting at 3800, this is so frustrating!!! So much for the postive news yesterday about resuming production next week. You would think they would at least be able to clear car @3800 regardless of part shortage to get the revenue, no?
    Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
    2000 status 2/13/2021
    3000 status 2/17/2021
    3300 status 4/23/2021
    3400 status 5/5/2021
    3800 status 5/22/2021
    4000 status 6/4/2021

We are very sorry to hear the news that the Plant will again be shutdown next week!

The two however, your car at 3,800 and the plant closure/part shutdown may however be completely unrelated. Hate to throw more bad potentiality into the mix, but your car might have failed one of the over 1,000 quality control tests after it came off of the line; i.e., it might be that your being at 3,800 could therefore be right now completely unrelated to the plant shutdown.

We hope for the best that if it is your car having an individual issue (as mine did for long, long time(), they it is fixed in the interim and it coincidentally shows up at NCM on Monday, June 7th. Mine has been a joy once it arrived (over six weeks after it came off the line initially), and we are looking forward to you enjoying it when that occurs for you.

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast

So much for my Summer Hopes
      Same here. I'll probably get mine at the start of our 9 month rainy season.

Comment

Again sorry for the extra week delay., However, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we do not have a nine month rainy season. And even when it rains, driving our Corvettes is a kick butt event. I have probably driven over 10,000 flawless Corvette miles in the rain (about 80% east of the Rockies on extended road trips).
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Hoping the best for a speedier release. Your almost at the Finishing Line.
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Wow, Stuck at 3800....Does that mean it is on the line? My order is at 3000....Good thing I didn't sell my 2020 coup yet! I may be pushed to 2022

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
              Wow, Stuck at 3800....Does that mean it is on the line? My order is at 3000....Good thing I didn't sell my 2020 coup yet! I may be pushed to 2022
              Yep ... I've made up my mind that I'm holding on to my C5 until I'm actually sitting in my C8 driving it home.

I'm even getting tired of watching NCM Cam Deliveries, just call me when it's over.

It's been a year and the excitement of this experience has moved on to whatever and whenever it's over.
              [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]
              Depost 6/17/20, Allocation 4/20/21 RedMist 2LT HTC Z51 - TPW-8/2

Comment

Totally worth the wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

Yep ... I've made up my mind that I'm holding on to my C5 until I'm actually sitting in my C8 driving it home.

I'm even getting tired of watching NCM Cam Deliveries, just call me when it's over.

It's been a year and the excitement of this experience has moved on to whatever and whenever it's over.
                  I sold my C7 Monday, obviously I was way too optimistic on my C8 getting here. I too have lost excitement at this point, especially since I am so close. Totally feel like Charlie Brown having the football pulled by Lucy at the last second. Hearing John’s experience of a six week hold does not make me feel any more warm and fuzzy either. I’m not even bothering rescheduling the R8C until I actually get released.
                  Initial deposit for 2021 Red Mist HTC 11/25/2019 @Criswell
                  2000 status 2/13/2021
                  3000 status 2/17/2021
                  3300 status 4/23/2021
                  3400 status 5/5/2021
                  3800 status 5/22/2021
                  4000 status 6/4/2021

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                    Again sorry for the extra week delay., However, I live in the Pacific Northwest and we do not have a nine month rainy season. And even when it rains, driving our Corvettes is a kick butt event. I have probably driven over 10,000 flawless Corvette miles in the rain.
                    I've lived my whole life here and basically, mid Sept. to mid June is definitely the rainy season. I have owned 15 Corvettes over the last 47 years and prefer not to drive them in the rain as the majority were fully restored, high dollar cars. My enthusiasm for this C-8 is waning quickly with all these delays. At this point, unless I fall madly in love with it on the way home from the dealer, I'll simply sell it for a substantial profit and go some other direction. I'll still have 2 Corvettes to drive on those 3 summer months that we sometimes get.😉

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
                      3800 means it's built, but not yet ready for shipping. I think there are multiple possible reasons, including a QC problem that needs to be resolved, or it's going from the production line to the separate building that applies stripes. Probably other possibilities, too.
                      Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

3800 means your car was completed . . . if it passed inspection it will ship shortly . . . shipments are made even when the plant is closed.
                        Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic LT2 Coupe, black interior, Z51, FE4, carbon flash trim, chrome wheels, edge red calipers, carbon flash/edge red fender hash marks, carbon flash painted ground effects & engine enhancement panels ...

Comment

So close yet so far away!

Comment

So what could this really mean for those of us that are at 3000 (mine is an April allocation)? I have a pre-shutdown (w/o 5/24) TPW of 7/19. Now with another week of shutdown I can only assume that my TPW will be pushed to mid or end of August. What if there is even yet another week of shutdown after next weeks?? I didn't hear of any May allocations and I certainly can't foresee any June allocations now. Realistically, there can't be any. As is, it looks like GM will be extending the MY production until Sept.(my thoughts) OR will GM simply cut off the MY21 production at some point before Sept.? Then what happens to those that are in 3000? Would we be front of the line for MY22? Or will our orders simply be cancelled and then the selling dealer decides what to do with their customers?

I feel for the workers at BGA. They work in a plant that is building one of the hottest selling cars yet they are getting layed off over and over again.

Comment

Hang in there guys. I was 18.5 months from deposit to delivery. In my state, front tags are required. You can get a “rear only” tag for an additional fee but you’re only allowed 7,500 miles a year. Thank goodness for the harsh winter because right now all I want to do is get in the car and drive! I haven’t driven previous generation Corvettes, but the C8 is SO fun to drive. Hoping for good news moving forward.
                              2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18. Status 3300 on 4/1. Status 3400 on 4/15. TPW 4/19. Born 4/21/21. R8C Museum Delivery 5/17/21.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X