Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast: TONS OF NEWS THIS WEEK

We've been doing Corvette news & headlines podcasts on CORVETTE TODAY since September 2020. I don't remember ever doing a news & headlines podcast with this much critical information packed into one podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/show/...ppfrkBCyZstwdl. This is a "must listen" to podcast. Here are a few of the topics covered in this episode....

1. Chevrolet confirms the introduction this Fall of the 2023 C8 Z06 with a new video release-and it sounds like a Ferrari
2. Corvette dominates sales in Q2 2021
3. Chevy dealerships have received their first 2022 C8 allocations
4. Callaway looks ahead to 2022 and the Callaway C8 Corvette
5. Right-hand drive C8 is revealed at the Goodwood Festival of Speed in the UK
6. New GT-3 spec C8.R expected in 2024
7. California will start failing cars with tuned ECU’s during smog checks
8. The National Corvette Museum delivers their 14,000th Corvette
9. A couple exchanges wedding vows before taking delivery of their C8 at the NCM
10. "Life in the Fast Lane" by The Eagles is a story of cocaine and a fast Corvette
11. Sigala Designs shows off a completed widebody kit for the C8
See more
See less

Gas smell in trunk of 2020 z51 vert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas smell in trunk of 2020 z51 vert

Good morning all,

I have had my amazing 2020 Vert since October of 2020.. I has been a fantastic daily driver HOWEVER, it continues to have the smell of gas in the rear trunk area all the time.. I have taken it to several dealerships for service. The latest info I received is a notice from the factory that there is no repair for the issue.. They claim it is due to Winter gas and should solve itself by summer... That is pure nonsense.. I live in Southern California.. I had the car in summer of 2020 with the same issues... Has anyone else dealt with this and if so did you get a resolve... Note, this is not a light smell it is a strong and pervasive smell.. Thank You for any help you all can provide.
    1969 Vette Convertible Race car
    2015 Convertible Z51
    2020 Convertible Z51. It is here and it is amazing.

My HTC has a strong plastic resin smell in the trunk when the car is hot. Is it possible that is what you are smelling and not gasoline?
    Last edited by RKCRLR; 05-22-2021, 10:52 AM.
    2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

I have the same smell in mine 3/27/2021

Comment

I get the heavy fuel smell in the cabin with the air on and windows closed. Doesn't happen all the time but sometimes overwhelming. Usually when I have gone on a short trip to the local grocery then come back out start and shortly after driving out of the lot. But then again not all of the time only on occasion. There are no vehicles in front of me or around me when it happens as first I thought it might have been someone's beater running rich.
        I also live in Florida so it's not cold nor has my car been in storage.
        Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

The OM defines procedures to raise an issue with GM if you don't get satisfaction from a dealer. I would start trying that.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Not normal.

Dangerous? Yes, fuel fumes are carcinogenic and explosive. Get it fixed!
            2020 Yellow LT2 convertible
            2015 Z51 LT2 Yellow coupe - sold
            2006 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
            2002 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
            1993 Yellow coupe - sold
            1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

I’ve had a strong fuel smell in the truck. I thought it may just be smells from burning off all the NEW off the engine but I still have. Picked mine up last October. I’ll see what my dealer says on my next service.

Comment

If its gas fumes you need to get it solved, immediately or you may become a 🍟

https://youtu.be/pz4ypJtLF4U
                Last edited by Buddy; 05-21-2021, 11:35 PM.

Comment

I was at a car show last week & people were visiting from Florida. They were looking at my C8 coupe & said they had a vert & sold it due to gas smell in rear too.

Comment

I had it big time when I first got the car. I've had it about 8 months now and it seems to be getting better over time.
                    The strange thing is that I've only heard about this from HTC owners. What's the difference? Could it have something to do with the engine cover, or the engine compartment not being ventilated as well in the HTC?

Comment

Had typical new engine burn off smells when new but have never had gas smells . Car now has 5500 miles on it. Does the smell come at start up or shut down or just overnight sitting in the garage. I wouldn't consider it normal. Also when sitting in the car does the inside of the HTC smell.

Comment

Not good. Fuel fumes(Smell) equals gas equals dangerous situation. Get it looked at. Since many are addressing this , I would think GM would have concern.

Comment

I just had the normal “burn off” smells on my HTC, they are gone now at 1000 miles. I do have the resin/adhesive smell in the trunk, stronger when it’s warm. No gasoline smell.

Comment

I have 2500 miles on my HTC and I have never smelled gasoline anywhere near or in the the car. If you can drive it to your nearest firehouse and ask them to sniff the area with a combustible meter they should be able to read it if it's truly gasoline that you are smelling. It may be something else burning off that smell like gasoline to you.
                            2021 HTC, Red Mist, 3LT, black w/red stitching, Mag ride, NPP, Front Lift, Carbon Flash roof and Nacelles, Aftermarket rims, Black rocker extensions, NCM Delivery, Deposit 9-10-2019

2014 Vert, Z51, 7spd, Torch Red, 3LT, AR, Black Z51 Wheels, MGW shifter.
                            1968 RHT/Vert 327 (350 HP) 4 speed, Red on Black, American Mags.- Sold

Comment

I know some of the C7s had fuel tank problem in which the fuel filler would develop a crack where it attached to the top of the driver's side tank. The symptom was a strong gasoline odor in the cockpit. GM issued an extended warranty to 120,000 miles for a repair if it happened. The fuel tanks in the C8 are in roughly the same place and seem to be of a similar design. I wonder if the C8 may have a similar problem? If you are getting the smell in the rear of the car it would seem plausible that it is related to the tanks or to the fuel delivery system. Did anyone examine the fuel plumbing while the car was running? --Bob
                              2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
                              -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
                              1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
                              1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
                              1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
                              ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
                              Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
                              NCM Lifetime Member
                              Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
                              "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X