Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

On it's way!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On it's way!!!!

Dealer called me this morning and my torch red 2LT was picked up at Kentucky and is now on its way to its new home in Florida. Dealer expects it to be here no later then next week. Lovin It! The C5 is going to finally have some company in the garage!!!

Just for those still waiting....I had a February allocation, Went to 3000 on 2/17, 3300 on 3/9, 3400 on 4/26, 4000 on 5/7, 4200 and on its way today!!😁😁😁

Originally posted by Ron222 View Post
    Dealer called me this morning and my torch red 2LT was picked up at Kentucky and is now on its way to its new home in Florida. Dealer expects it to be here no later then next week. Lovin It! The C5 is going to finally have some company in the garage!!!

Just for those still waiting....I had a February allocation, Went to 3000 on 2/17, 3300 on 3/9, 3400 on 4/26, 4000 on 5/7, 4200 and on its way today!!😁😁😁
    Great news, obviously not a Non-Stop direct Drive from Kentucky to Florida, but you should be Driving a C8 by this time next week. You’ll now have the entire Summer to enjoy it.
    [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

Mine was built on 5/4 and is arriving at the dealer in NW IL today (5/13). Tracking it with MyChevy App along its trip

Comment

Originally posted by DGinLZ View Post
        Mine was built on 5/4 and is arriving at the dealer in NW IL today (5/13). Tracking it with MyChevy App along its trip
        Wonderful news, you also will have the limited Chicago Area Summer to drive ....

Can’t way to see it.

Comment

Definitely not a non stop but only about 1200 miles!!!! It's summer all year down hear in Florida.

Comment

Woow, you spent 6-7 weeks at 3300? I thought 3300 usually only lasted 1-3 weeks.
            3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
            3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
            Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
            Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

Every vehicle is unique. I know those waiting want “average times” and similar, highly defined timing and other markers to count on but it just does not work that way (never has with GM).

GM’s priority is to make as many as they can every day and so if someone has an option that is on a “supplier parts hold,” GM has two choices: First, keep everyone in exact order which when their are issues with one car and its option shortage would mean the entire line has to shut down while they wait for that person’s supplier-caused, on-hold option of pink seats, OR, take cars out of order and schedule the next 180 C8’s for which they have 100% of the parts for the next days production (skipping by all persons who ordered the pink seats).

Sometimes we are the windshield; sometimes we are the bug.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Congrats! You'll soon be sitting behind the wheel and what a glorious place that is! Enjoy!

Comment

Congratulations Ron222. We are all very pleased for you.
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

It is an exciting time....BTW, it is always summer in Florida!

Comment

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post
                      Woow, you spent 6-7 weeks at 3300? I thought 3300 usually only lasted 1-3 weeks.
                      Doesn't much matter to me....It's on its way. Couldn't be happier!!!

Comment

Congrats 👍👍 the wait is concluding 🍻🍻
                        Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

Comment

Congrats. Mine was loaded on a truck Monday morning and arrived that evening.
                          Sigmon - Hamilton, Ohio, USA
                          2021 Elkhart Lake Blue Stingray coupe, Adrenaline red 3LT Z51, D30, BV4, E60, EYK, FA5, FE4, Q8T, ZZ3, J6N
                          Deposit: March 20/20, 1100: Nov 17/20, 2000: Feb 12/21, 3000: Feb 17/21, 3300: April 15/21, 3400: April 23/21 TPW 5/3/21, 3800: 5/4/21, 4200: 5/10/21, 5000: 5/10/21, 6000: 5/10/21

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
                            It is an exciting time....BTW, it is always summer in Florida!
                            ... and it’s a good thing for you “everyone” isn’t living and driving their Corvettes in Florida

I’m looking forward to hitting several states in multiple seasons and putting lots of miles on my C8, because I tend to keep my cars for a while.

Comment

Ron222 Congrats on your new baby. My allocation was in February too, but by a stroke of luck, I moved up to January and mine was delivered on 04/13/21. You’re gonna LOVE IT!!!
                              07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X