Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Front lift leak - fix verified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front lift leak - fix verified

Wife and I just returned from a 5300 mile tour of the Southwestern states. Used my lift many times, both on uphill and down hill situations. I have the new ‘blue’ replacement cap installed and the fluid level was just below the reservoir seam. I have a rag around the cap so I can see if any fluid leaks out. No issues at all. Everything is nice and dry. The new cap and lower fluid level seems to have solved the leak problem.

For those thinking they don’t need/want the lift option, on two occasions I didn’t activate the lift, thinking it wasn’t needed. Dragged my front splitter. No serious damage, but the bottom of the leading edge is now pretty ragged.
    Stingray HTC, 2LT, (G1E)Long Beach Red, (HTM) Black interior, (Q8T)Spectra Grey Whls, (NPP)Performance Exhaust, (EFY) Body colored side vents and front and rear inserts, (AH2) GT2 seats, (E60) Front Lift, (J6N) Edge Red Calipers, (STI) Composite molded black rockers, (VQK) Splash guards, (R8C) Museum Delivery

Does anyone know if all new corvettes built/delivers with come with the Blue cap now? Or Do you have to request it at PDI? Or will they not even offer to get it for you unless you complain? I'm expecting to get my vette next month, and I just want the blue cap from the start. Don't want to have to deal with it.
    3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
    3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
    Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

New blue lift cap is standard on every C8 coming down the line as of about ten weeks ago.
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Can someone identify the exact fluid that is in the lift resovoir?

Comment

Originally posted by C8broughtmeback View Post
          Can someone identify the exact fluid that is in the lift resovoir?
          Like a lot of things, it’s in the manual:

Click image for larger version

Name:	E14CCF4F-386D-4DAE-8A8D-D37E672CA80F.png
Views:	167
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	270671

Comment

So I just got the replacement blue cap today. Took the dealer all but 5 minutes to replace the old leaky one. I get home and go to use my front end lift to get up my driveway and now I get the service front lift message. I never had an issues with the front lift before other than the leaking fluid. They replace a cap and now this. Any ideas what's causing this? They just screwed in a different cap... nothing else.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 7.15.35 PM.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	270894 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 7.17.22 PM.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	270895 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2021-05-15 at 7.16.30 PM.jpeg
Views:	115
Size:	471.8 KB
ID:	270896
            Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

I am not sure but curious as to where you got the black tether?

Comment

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...sage-1504.html

I think once they open up the system (cap in my case) they might need to bleed the lines to remove any air bubbles that probably formed. Nothing else was done but a cap swap, has to be air in the system.
                Torch Red C8 Spider

Comment

That’s strange though, removing and replacing the cap doesn’t introduce any air to the system/lines. I have had my old black cap off a couple of times and again when I swapped to the blue cap. Never any issues. May just be coincidence.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X