Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

C8 Corvette Club Newsletter Article Available Monthly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Corvette Club Newsletter Article Available Monthly

C8 Corvette Club Newsletter Article Available Monthly

I was the newsletter editor for my Corvette club for many years, and in that regard I know how difficult it is to get newsletter articles for many months’ issues.

I write a monthly C8 newsletter article which currently goes to a bunch of Corvette clubs, but perhaps not yours. If you think your Club’s newsletter editor might wish to receive a monthly article I write for inclusion in your Corvette club’s newsletter, please after talking this over with your editor and getting their interest, send me a private message with your editor’s name and email address. I send one out every month no later than the 20th.

For those clubs who do not have a monthly newsletter, I send it out to several club members or the club’s President who in turn sends it out to their entire club via an email blast.

For those of you who are avid members of MECF, there will be nothing new within it, but as many of your fellow club members are not as ME interested as you are and/or not MECF members, it might be interesting info for them.

Below for example is the monthly one I just sent out today to those already on my newsletter list.

Thanks for considering.

Mid Engine Monthly Update # 5: Learning A Little More (By John Elegant)

We keep learning little tiny bits about the 2020 mid engine C8. Kind of like a huge onion, our progressively peeling back its thin layers, yet so far some, but few “fact nuggets” yet found.

What’s in the interim as far as C7’s? We recently learned of the four C7.R Drivers Series versions that were revealed at the Daytona 24 Hour ROLEX. Any additional C7’s coming? We do not know, but might we see at this April’s NCM Bash, a 2020 front engine C7, albeit a small amount refreshed? Unlikely, but if so, it would be a short run, roughly six month long, interim 2020 Corvette, staying in production only until C8 customer production starts.

Now as to what we know. First, thanks to Carscoops and artist Chazcron, we have this C8 interior picture. It is still a pre-production version, so something like the steering wheel would change.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C8 Interior.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.3 KB ID:	26992

Next, thanks to GM-trucks, we have these high resolution C8’s emblem in two versions, e.g., chrome edged and blacked-out. Thanks also GM-trucks also for the C8 “script” picture --which also puts to sleep the many rumors that Corvette was “going to be its own brand” during the C8 era.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blacked C8 emblem script.JPG Views:	0 Size:	19.4 KB ID:	26991

Here, we have the below, linked driver’s screen start-up initial animation:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ked-out-emblem

Separately, we have this Chazcron rendering of the ME coupe with its top stored.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Chaz coupe top off.JPG Views:	0 Size:	609.4 KB ID:	26990

Finally, thanks to fvs, we have his latest side view rendering of the C8 HT convertible rendering.

Click image for larger version  Name:	FVS HT side.JPG Views:	0 Size:	775.3 KB ID:	26989

In the interim as we wait for hard mid engine C8 news, there are over 225 other renderings, more than 200 spy pictures, and approaching 600 information/discussion threads at: www.MidEngineCorvetteForum.com.

Thank you. (Always reachable at the forum via a PM to “John”)
    Last edited by John; 02-20-2019, 12:26 PM.
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
Working...
X