Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Back from Spring Mountain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Spring Mountain

Just got back from Spring Mountain and one word describes the experience, AWSOME! My second time there and I enjoyed every minute again of every aspect of the classes and track time. They added more things to do in the C8 compared to the C7 courses. Auto Cross was a blast to compete in and they allowed us to use and experience LAUNCH CONTROL! One guy was from Tennessee whom bought a 2019 Z06 and because of the Covid restrictions was able to take this class. He said he is going to order a new C8 Z06. He was totally blown away as to how this car performs.
    I recommend all of you to go out there and learn what this car can do and also go and enjoy it ..
    J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
    "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Ditto; ditto!
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

C8........................there is no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Njfisherman View Post
        Just got back from Spring Mountain and one word describes the experience, AWSOME! My second time there and I enjoyed every minute again of every aspect of the classes and track time. They added more things to do in the C8 compared to the C7 courses. Auto Cross was a blast to compete in and they allowed us to use and experience LAUNCH CONTROL! One guy was from Tennessee whom bought a 2019 Z06 and because of the Covid restrictions was able to take this class. He said he is going to order a new C8 Z06. He was totally blown away as to how this car performs.
        I recommend all of you to go out there and learn what this car can do and also go and enjoy it ..
        Which track configuration did your group use? I’m headed there for Tues/We’d and have been looking at various in-car videos but there are so many possibilities. Any heads-up on the track configuration would be valuable!
        Al Chan
        2020 C8: Z51/FE4 2LT Coupe; Long Beach Red/Natural Napa competition bucket seats; some other minor stuff
        Other Corvette experiences: '69 427/390 coupe; '92 Z07 coupe; '03 Z06; '09 Z06

Comment

I'm be there Thursday and Friday....soooo looking forward

Comment

I'm there the 26 and 27th
            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Totally agree! I had so much fun that I want to go back for an advanced course at regular prices. Not only that, I had so much fun that my wife wants to take the basic COS as well, again at regular prices. There is going to be a big hit to the budget next year in our house.
              Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
              C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
              Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
              Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
              Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

If you are going for the first time they will assign you to the WHITE coarse. It's about 1.5 mile coarse and is the ENTRY level. Once completed you can return to an advanced level if you so desire. Each level is longer and more advanced. Since I went in 2016 as a new car buyer of a C7 and now returned as a C8 owner I was place back in the Intro Level so I could get accustom to the feel and handling of the C8. I can go back and re-due this coarse or go up a Level. It gets more competitive as you increase the level up to level 3.

All you heading out, ENJOY as I did..
                J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

Could not agree more, had a blast there. Even it wasn't discounted by GM, it still a great price. Will be going back for Level 1 in the future. For the new guys heading out there so many things to recommend but here's one. On the East course, after the long straight your obviously going to brake for (turn 1) no brake for turn 2 but let the car balance out and keep the momentum going. After watching my PDR it took till the end of the day for me to start doing this. 1:18:69 big course, 27:88 autcross Click image for larger version

Name:	SPRING MOUNTAIN EAST 1.5.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	268750
                  72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

August 20, 2019 status 1100 / February 18, 2020 status 2000 / February 19, 2020 status 3000 / September 8, 2020 status 3300 / September 21, 2020 status 3400 / October 15, 2020 status 6000 / October 15, 2020 left deposit for ZO6, Ron Fellows - COS Graduate - April 23/24, 2021

Comment

We (R & K) were both students (1-discounted, 1-full price) at the Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School at Spring Mountain (North Track) on April 12 & 13 and we both had a blast!

We highly recommend that NEW C8 Buyers seriously consider using their discounted admission offer for the Ron Fellows Corvette Owners School at Spring Mountain, it is really just too good of a deal and experience to pass up and you will learn so much about the performance envelope, features and capabilities of your C8.

Tip on the North Track (copy attached), when exiting the Turn 4 "bowl", the entrance to Turn 5a is over the crest of a hill and you can't see Turn 5a well until you are on top of it... in your early laps look for and memorize landmarks to make your line and braking zone for Turn 5a more consistent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Spring Mtn - North Track - Apr 2021.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	268816

-Rick
                    Last edited by R & K C8; 05-09-2021, 11:21 AM. Reason: Uploaded *.jpg instead of *.pdf.
                    2020 C8, 1YC07 (Coupe), 2LT Package, G8G (Arctic White), HTA (Black Leather Interior), AQ9 (GT1 Seats), Z51 (Perf Pkg), FE4 (Mag Ride), E60 (Front Lift), NPP (Perf Exhaust), Q8P (Wheels, Bright Silver), EYK (Chrome Emblems), VQK (Splash Guards). Ron Fellows COS Graduates (R & K), Spring Mountain - North Track, April 13, 2021.

Comment

I’ve done this course twice with the purchase of my 2 C7’s and absolutely loved it. I am at 3000 status on my build now and definitely plan on being back sometime within the year. If you have never been and are even remotely considering it (hell, even if you AREN’T considering it), do yourself a favor and just do it. Best bang for the buck experience if you’ve never been on a track before. The crew is professional and friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a good time and learn something. The facilities are awesome. In case you can’t tell by now I am super EXCITED to go back.

Comment

Looking forward to July 13-14th class. (Could not get away before the summer heat comes on but with AC, should be ok). I appreciate all the input and positive comments from those that have already take the course. Can't wait!!
                        2020 C8, Elkhart Lake Blue, Sky Cool Gray, 2LT, Z51, GT2 Seats, FE4 mag ride, nose lift, performance exhaust, carbon flash wheels. Loving it!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X