Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Rationalization/I'm an idiot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rationalization/I'm an idiot.

Finally looks like I'll eek out a 2021.
    I'm getting the two tone black/gray seats, or should I say black and white, 2lt. I like the way it breaks up the interior, but that gray is so light.
    I've been considering the carbon fiber interior pieces. I like the look, and I especially like the way it takes away some of the gray.
    $1500 is absurd for what you get imo.
    I'm fiscally conservative (aka cheap) but now between getting the 1k price protection and avoiding who knows how much of an increase on a 22 the carbon fiber is really free!?
    I'm going for the tanqueray now to convince myself that this way of thinking makes perfect sense.
    Just added it to my order today.
    Delivery? Who knows. ☹☹

I have a (semi-humorous) add-on to your situation. I used to (until last July) work for the company that supplies the exposed weave carbon fiber pre-preg for the C8. We didn't sell directly to GM but to the molder Tier suppliers. When I ordered my car back in December 2019, I told my friends at work . . . they were all excited and the natural question was, what carbon fiber options did I order (splitter/side skirt, roof, rear wing, interior trim, engine appearance package, etc). I told them that I didn't order any of those options because they were so darned expensive!
    Al Chan
    2020 C8: Z51/FE4 2LT Coupe; Long Beach Red/Natural Napa competition bucket seats; some other minor stuff
    Other Corvette experiences: '69 427/390 coupe; '92 Z07 coupe; '03 Z06; '09 Z06

Comment

Steve, I also have the two tone black and gray seats and they are great. I ordered the carbon fiber pieces reluctantly as well. My car arrived back in late NOV, so it is a 2020. However, now that it appears the value will stay up I have no reservations. The CF looks great both interior and engine. However, I will be glad when the incessant pollen and dust finally settle! Enjoy the wait and read and watch everything you can.
      Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

Originally posted by MrBluster View Post
        Steve, I also have the two tone black and gray seats and they are great. I ordered the carbon fiber pieces reluctantly as well. My car arrived back in late NOV, so it is a 2020. However, now that it appears the value will stay up I have no reservations. The CF looks great both interior and engine. However, I will be glad when the incessant pollen and dust finally settle! Enjoy the wait and read and watch everything you can.

Pics please if you have them.
        I am (surprised) very happy with my decisions.
        The fiscal conservativeness has gone out the window!
        2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks. September first delivery??
        Now 22. Thinking adding cf interior and deleting hash marks.
        Delivery? Who knows. ☹☹

Comment

I am not afraid to spend on upgrades that supply function, but balk at upgrades that are eye candy only. For example, on my upcoming 2022 HTC 2LT Z51 MRC order, I am debating upgrading the brake calipers from black. Particularly in light of the fact that black dissipates heat slightly better

Comment

Order the CF interior if you are on the fence....... This car is once in a life time! No buyer’s remorse😄👍
            Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by steve8 View Post
              Finally looks like I'll eek out a 2021.
              I'm getting the two tone black/gray seats, or should I say black and white, 2lt. I like the way it breaks up the interior, but that gray is so light.
              I've been considering the carbon fiber interior pieces. I like the look, and I especially like the way it takes away some of the gray.
              $1500 is absurd for what you get imo.
              I'm fiscally conservative (aka cheap) but now between getting the 1k price protection and avoiding who knows how much of an increase on a 22 the carbon fiber is really free!?
              I'm going for the tanqueray now to convince myself that this way of thinking makes perfect sense.
              Just added it to my order today.

Comment

Don't stop there - LOL My thought was to make the C8 Special so I started with the interior trim then the CF Ground Effects , and had to put the CF Roof . If it's on your mind - Why Not Order Up ? We never know what tomorrow may bring. ENJOY !
                Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                  I am not afraid to spend on upgrades that supply function, but balk at upgrades that are eye candy only. For example, on my upcoming 2022 HTC 2LT Z51 MRC order, I am debating upgrading the brake calipers from black. Particularly in light of the fact that black dissipates heat slightly better
                  IIRC, the black calipers are gloss, or at least semi-gloss, so they look much nicer than I expected when I saw them in person at MM's showroom.

Unless you are really cranking on the track, either because you're fast or because you're over-braking, I doubt the color will impact performance.
                  2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

Call me crazy, but what is this "tanqueray" you're going for? Is it like a shot of Fireball?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                      Call me crazy, but what is this "tanqueray" you're going for? Is it like a shot of Fireball?
                      Gin - and an excellent one at that.

https://online.thirst.co.za/wp-conte...anqueray-1.jpg

Comment

steve8 , any combination will make this blue the better. As Frenzy36 posted " We never know what tomorrow may bring "
                        Last edited by Ssscooter66; 05-08-2021, 05:44 PM. Reason: Typo
                        A thought if I might ...

Comment

Originally posted by Capper525 View Post
                          Order the CF interior if you are on the fence....... This car is once in a life time! No buyer’s remorse😄👍
                          I agree. I approached the build decisions as this was going to be my car, meaning it would be personal. The result is exactly that. I look at it and I think that is my car, not just because my name is on the title, but every design feature reflects my style. It is very much me, what I love driving. Once you do that, the cost is not an issue.
                          Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
                          C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
                          Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                          Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                          Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X