Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

IF: Zora. All CarbFiber. 1000HP. LowNumbers. Would $$$$?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF: Zora. All CarbFiber. 1000HP. LowNumbers. Would $$$$?

If the Zora is all carbon fiber as much as possible, 1000HP, Limited production numbers [500] ?

then?

How much $$$ could it cost that 500 [400, 300, 1000] people would be willing to pay?

Can Bolling Green handle something like that? Out source.

Idle speculation about something impossible , just fun. No harm no foul?

Would such a thing even be interesting?

Could GM do such a thing?
    Last edited by SheepDog; 05-04-2021, 06:04 PM.

IMO, big mistake to put that much power in a street driven car!

Why not make it a not street legal, track only car...that's where these hyper cars belong and that's where they're cool and relatively safe, in qualified hands that is.

That said, I'm sure several folks would somehow believe that makes sense on the street and pay whatever it costs to have one.😕
    Last edited by George; 05-04-2021, 07:01 PM.
    '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
    '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
    '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
    '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
    '14 Black Z51 Coupe
    '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
    '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

Comment

IF the active handling ,PTM and traction control can make the zora relatively idiot proof the lawyers will let marketing have their fun. ID guess 150 grand will be the higher end.

850 hp or 1000 hp..

the upcoming electric supercar from Tesla will be at that hp and tq levels and cost 200 grand with the launch edition at 250.

i believe we will find the zora with equal performance at 150.

i dont think the carbon fiber weighs much less than the composite body panels so Id guess most carbon fiber will be for show in the interior? Its nice but doesnt do too much for me.

Id rather see a titanium exhaust ...and real weight saving measure for the ultimate most expensive corvette ever.

still I hope it doesnt go past 150 or Im out,

Comment

I was told the following when I put my deposit on the Zora. These were only mere speculations from the dealership.
        (1). Lots of carbon fiber
        (2). 1000+ horse power
        (3). Limited to 500 produced
        (4). Between $225,000–250,000

I couldn’t get my deposit down fast enough. Even though this was 2019, I was still #9 on the list.

I procrastinated long enough and am just now getting on MacMulkins Z06 list. Mark said they were currently at mid 500’s on the Z06 list and couldn’t promise 1st, 2nd or a 3rd year car. If it’s a 3rd year, I would probably just sell it and wait for the Zora.

Regards. Brian

Comment

Carbon Fiber is expensive. Large pieces of CF are very expensive. If you're really talking all CF body, and matching technology all around (CF wheels, CF structural components) I could see the cost going to $200 - 250K easily. But it's going to be competing with European supercars costing $300K to more than $1 million, so still a "bargain."

Regarding the "lots of carbon fiber" comment. No dealer had any idea in 2019, and still has no idea today, what the configuration of the Zora will be beyond the rumored information we all have. Nor how many GM will build, nor how much it will cost. My bet is that GM will build as many as there is demand for (which may not be more than 500!). GM simply doesn't share that kind of information with sales people.

Can BGA do it? The body panels for the C8 are built by a supplier, and so will the body panels be for the Zora. If GM wants it to be all (or mostly) CF, they'll find a supplier who can do it.
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Kissel View Post
            I was told the following when I put my deposit on the Zora. These were only mere speculations from the dealership.
            (1). Lots of carbon fiber
            (2). 1000+ horse power
            (3). Limited to 500 produced
            (4). Between $225,000–250,000

I couldn’t get my deposit down fast enough. Even though this was 2019, I was still #9 on the list.

I procrastinated long enough and am just now getting on MacMulkins Z06 list. Mark said they were currently at mid 500’s on the Z06 list and couldn’t promise 1st, 2nd or a 3rd year car. If it’s a 3rd year, I would probably just sell it and wait for the Zora.

Regards. Brian
            $225 to $250 grand? I think the little birdie is telling you a story with market adjustment.

Comment

If one takes inflation into account of the almighty US$, in 3.5 years, that ZORA might cost $250,000 or the equivalent of $150,000 today.
              07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

Originally posted by hogyld View Post
                If one takes inflation into account of the almighty US$, in 3.5 years, that ZORA might cost $250,000 or the equivalent of $150,000 today.
                You might be right

Comment

Yeah, but I really hope I’m wrong 😁
                  07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”I’m not the best in town, but I’m the best, until the best comes around“

Comment

It appears no one bothered to read this part.

”These were only mere speculations from the dealership”

Obviously NO ONE besides GM has the answers. I’m ok with whatever comes as long as it isn’t butt *** ugly .

Regards Brian

Comment

If GM were to produce only 500 of a bespoke CF parts car not based on production parts like most of the exotics do, it will cost well over 500k and be near impossible to get, think Ford GT. And like the Ford GT, even if there was a program to get them to the original customer at MSRP, the secondary market would make them 1m plus overnight.
                      Last edited by Lacquer; 05-04-2021, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Bowling Green Assembly will not outsource ZORA. That of course does not mean that they will not source out ZORA specific body panels — just as they did for the front fenders of the C7 Z06 for example.
                        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

At some price point, I would think that if you feel the need for 1000 horsepower and $200,000- $500,000 for the street, you really should consider buying a real race car and testing yourself on a race track in a racing series, with other drivers that are very skilled. Or take your 1000 horsepower car to Cars and Coffee . Your choice, my opinion.
                          3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

If they go all out on a Zora model, might as well throw caution to the wind and, I would suspect the car car would be in the neighborhood of what a Ford GT costs. Like the GT, the Zora at that level of a super car would be a low production number, and be out of the range of most buyers. Of course, Chevy could restrict sales to just a few who apply for a unit and prove they are true Chevrolet fanatics, and make them promise not to sell it for two years. I know it would not even be a consideration for me. I'm just a poor boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
                              If they go all out on a Zora model, might as well throw caution to the wind and, I would suspect the car car would be in the neighborhood of what a Ford GT costs. Like the GT, the Zora at that level of a super car would be a low production number, and be out of the range of most buyers. Of course, Chevy could restrict sales to just a few who apply for a unit and prove they are true Chevrolet fanatics, and make them promise not to sell it for two years. I know it would not even be a consideration for me. I'm just a poor boy.
                              I don’t think Chevrolet wants to BE Ferrari. So far, the C8 is holding the course as “best bang for the buck”. No reason to think they will suddenly change their stripes.
                              Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X