Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

Corvette Today’s News That “Corvette Fever” Returns

Corvette Fever magazine has not been published for a while. But Alan Colvin, a walking encyclopedia of GM cars as well as Corvette, has purchased the rights to Corvette Fever and has revived this publication! https://anchor.fm/steve-garrett/epis...-Colvin-euvkq2. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, visits with Alan to talk about the books he's written on Corvette and other GM products, his history with the old Corvette Fever magazine and how he plans to revive the publication. Plus, listen to this podcast and register to win one of 3-two year subscriptions to Corvette Fever that we're giving away exclusively on this episode! Listen to this CORVETTE TODAY podcast and win a subscription to Corvette Fever magazine!!!
2 of 4 < >

SGTMAJ USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER Joins MECF As A Featured Forum Vendor.

Welcome to SGTMAJ USMC USMC AUTO & TOY HAULER! We are so happy to have you now join us as a MECF Featured Forum Vendor. We can not wait to help your new business grow. We know you will provide a great transport service to our members and others!
3 of 4 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

500+ Mile C8 Great Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 500+ Mile C8 Great Day

Click image for larger version  Name:	AC82BC3F-EE73-4853-BEFC-BC3E25D7F760.jpeg Views:	10 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	267125

Back on the road again. What a joy! The C8 is so comfortable (Z51 with GT2 seats.) Everything about the day was close to purr-fection.

A few highlights…

*This fairly new, duality, RAM crew cab keep sizing us up. It was a construction vehicle (big diesel tank and pump in its bed). But in the back seat this young teenager was going ga-ga. The truck passed us, slowed down, pulled up next to us many times. Finally as we were approaching the edge of a town with a turning red light, it in front of me, his 4-way flashers came on, and Dad runs from the driver’s seat to my window, exclaiming that the three of them loved our car, “it is so freakin’ beautiful but what is it?

Went I told him it was a new mid-engine Corvette, he went further, more positively crazy — and as the light was changing, he was racing to tell his two truck mates (we learned the teenager was his son).

*As a gas station, you would have thought I was giving out $100 bills to all the people who came from all over this very large placed (12 pumps), wanting to see, to talk about the car.

​​​​​With the C8, the car is the star!

* A new Tesla owner could not get enough of our car, and similar pulled up, back in fronted us —just to get more views. If he had ten thumbs, he would have given us ten thumbs up.

* +30 MPG for the day, most of it over 70 MPH — and ours still have many more thousands of miles for the motor to further break in.

* Stopped at a fast food place for lunch; eat outside at a table rear close to the car. I should have thought of it at the time, and video’d folks coming up and again going nuts. As typical, took us twice as long to eat lunch — to answer the many questions fired my way (think my Corvette shirt gave it away?).

Can’t wait to drive our car some more tomorrow. It did the curves so well, and I HAD TO BE at the right side of spirited driving to safely pass two different tractor trailers before a short straightaway ended. [Leaving it to you to decide whether the right side was within the speed limit.]

GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Great stories about a day in the life of a C8 owner. Can't wait until mine arrives in June. Have any of the burdies said anything about May allocations. I have got several friends that need that May allocation.

Comment

Sounds like a great time. Enjoy Spring Mountain and keep the fun stories coming (for those of us still waiting!).
      Rick, Charlotte, NC
      Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Next: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels, PPF and ceramic, lowering kit, window tint. Status 3000 with Feb allocation. Status 3300 on 4/22. 3400 with TPW of 5/10 and partial VIN on 5/4.

Comment

Yep same for me when I'm out in the Maclamborarri.

Comment

Good deal John! Glad to hear you got a chance to take a break from all of that “new house” work! Enjoy!
          Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

Still Looks New ... 👍
            [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
            1st Deposit June 18th 2020 to 2nd Depost April 17th 2021 = 304 Days
            [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

Amazing story and I can so relate to this. It happens to me every time I go out in this beautiful car. Enjoy John and stay safe
              First time Corvette owner. Torch Red C8 HTC, and yeah with Lambo doors 😊

Comment

The Novistretch did a great job today of keeping many bugs out of my grilles (even the small ones) and off that part of the paint. Leaving it on as is for today’s drive.

What you are seeing is after I cleaned my windshield, mirrors, the headlights, the space between the bra and the headlights, and about six bugs that were on the front hood. Not a major bug day (dry areas we drove through).

Click image for larger version  Name:	41B394D7-80BA-453A-A520-B56EE2C847C4.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	267211
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  The Novistretch did a great job today of keeping many bugs out of my grilles (even the small ones) and off that part of the paint. Leaving it on as is for today’s drive.

What you are seeing is after I cleaned my windshield, mirrors, the headlights, the space between the bra and the headlights, and about six bugs that were on the front hood. Not a major bug day (dry areas we drove through).

Click image for larger version Name:	41B394D7-80BA-453A-A520-B56EE2C847C4.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	267211
                  I tested mine on a short vacation recently. Worth every penny for long highway driving days.

Comment

Deffinatly getting a Novistretch Brazzer installed at the NCM
                    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
                    1st Deposit June 18th 2020 to 2nd Depost April 17th 2021 = 304 Days
                    [Current Corvette 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Comment

Just now purchased a Novistretch for the 2 hr drive back from the dealer in Charlotte to my home in Asheville in June. Then I will get ppf & ceramic done.

Comment

On top of all that, you have the best C8 color

Comment

Thanks for sharing John. Now that I've bought a cooler that fits in the frunk, I'm ready for my first road trip with my better half.

I tend to get more people staring at my car but otherwise not trying to interact...or putting their hands out the window (or at their back window when I'm behind them) with an obvious thumbs-up. I was disappointed 2 days ago when I met my first fellow C8 driver but he didn't see my wave; on to the next one. Now that the street sweepers are removing winter grit I expect I'll see more C8's and Corvettes in general so hopefully I'll get to practice my newly acquired "wave" with this being my first Corvette.

Comment

Today when parked at a store a nice man asked me "Is that a Ferrari?" I heard him the first time but wasn't sure if he was joking so I said "What?" and he repeated his question and he was serious. I said "No, Its a Chevy." Then he saw the Corvette badge on the back and said OH! Its a Corvette!" He spent a few minutes going gaga over the car as I showed him the engine and told him about the C8.

Just another day driving the C8!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post

I tested mine on a short vacation recently. Worth every penny for long highway driving days.
                              Oh yes. I will definitely have the NCM PDI folks install one for us for the drive home to Ohio.
                              2LT z51 coupe, Red Mist, mag ride, front lift, NCM delivery, etc.
                              Ordered 7/11/20, 2000= 3/18/21, 3000=3/24/21, TPW=6/7/21

2004 Z06, machine silver
                              2016 Ducati xDiavel S, black
                              2016 Can Am Spyder F-3, pearl white

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X