Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Trips to My Dentist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trips to My Dentist

I live in Orange County, California up near the foothills of south county. There are multi-million homes all around me but I live in a builder grade home in the midst of a very builder grade neighborhood. My dentist does not have an office in my builder grade neighborhood. No, he works in Fashion Island, the premier business and shopping center in all of Orange County. It’s the high end of the high end. Driving to see him is like crossing the railroad tracks from the middle of middle-class to Shangri la, which in Newport Beach is occupied by opulent homes, stores, fashions, and cars, especially Ferrari’s.

So, the last two times I visited I took my C8 complete with a gleaming Red Mist exterior that everyone sees, whether they want to or not. On the first visit, as soon as I got into the heart of Newport Beach, there was a Ferrari 488 at a light. I could see the driver staring at me; I mean almost a leer. I don’t think he was happy. It was a satisfying experience. I think I made him nervous. I mean what did I do?

Then on the way home, I saw another 488 and he stared. Another satisfying experience.

On the second visit, as soon as I got off the tollway in Newport Beach, there was a Ferrari 488 at the light. This one was red with new tags from the local Newport Beach Ferrari dealer. I made my turn, and he came up beside me and revved his engine. It was the world famous exhaust note that Ferrari’s are famous for. Another nervous nelly? I ran into traffic in my lane and I could not chase him. I did catch up to him at the next light and revved my engine. I turned and he drove on. Another satisfying experience. I mean very satisfying experience.

Here’s the point. For years I drove my C7 down to my dentist and nobody cared. No Ferrari driver stared at me, and no Ferrari driver definitely did not rev an engine in my direction. Now, it’s different.

Call it nervousness, maybe. It is at least some acceptance and respect. It is nice to return an engine rev to a new Ferrari. Very nice indeed!

Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
    C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
    Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
    Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
    Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

And that 2nd visit is exactly why I can’t wait for the FPC Z06. My neighbor runs a used car lot and has a 488 on sale for $235K…he brings it home frequently and has revved it as he drove through neighborhood a few times. Looking forward to returning the favor.

Comment

I get that too, mostly from Mustang owners trying to impress me. Or maybe they want to race, but I don't do that on the street. I've seen too many videos of idiots crashing when their cars go out of control because they can't drive it properly. I just wave, don't rev it, and let them stew about how they went so wrong choosing a car. Lot's of Mustangs around here with loud exhaust. I have the stock exhaust, it's a lot quieter, meanwhile the Mustangs rev their motors as if to alert the police to where they are and what they're doing! I don't need to show off the car, it does a great job of that all by itself. I drive it like I own it!
      Last edited by Jetdriver; 05-04-2021, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Did the dentist see you arrive, and based on the C8, decide to charge you more?

Comment

Sounds like I should have become a dentist!
          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

My dentist knew I had one on order on my last visit end of last year. He told me I better not show up to my next visit without the C8!! That was a few weeks ago, I did bring it. He absolutely loved it and he surprised me with a few F bombs 😂, he is usually super cool and calm. He usually checks out whatever "toy" I'm driving, whether it was my Ducati's or other fun cars. Couldn't ask for a better dentist!
            2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
            Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

i have been getting the Tesla guys. They feel fast and frisky for some reason lately but really they are heavy but not my brother

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6EABE19-C362-428C-A454-86DBF46087DC.jpeg
Views:	258
Size:	190.9 KB
ID:	267494
                let your tag speak to 4RE 😄
                2020 Stingray Triple Blue Coupe “Cindyblue”
                6000: status : R8C on August 5,2020 @10:00 🥳🍾
                2020 C8 Stingray; 3LT ; GS7 Elkhart Lake Blue ; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51;FE4 Mag Ride; C2Q dual roof ; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; RCC; J6E yellow Calipers; VQK Splash Guards; EYK Chrome Exterior Badge package; R8C
                2014 Stingray Laguna Blue : SOLD

Comment

A good friend of mine ( a surgeon) lives out there in Newport Beach when he's not here on Cape Cod. He owns a Pharmaceutical company. He is a big Ferrari guy. He owns several including a couple of 458's and a Pista among others. He and I bought our C8's together. Several of his friends out there own both Ferraris and C8's. The level of respect from the Ferrari guys is very high for the C8. Interestingly, my friend feels the fit and finish on his C8 is better than most of his Ferraris. Don't be surprised if that Ferrari guy also owns a C8.
                  Here is one of his 488's.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	97 with 488.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	267498

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                    I think I suffered that "C8 effect" this week. The guy that normally trims my hedge was not available so I reached out to a different landscaper. My regular guy charges $175. The new guy saw the C8 in the driveway and we talked about it briefly. A coupla minutes later its time to get an estimate for the trim job and he says $400. I told him I regularly pay $175 but he wasn't fazed. He didn't say it was because of the C8 but I'm pretty certain it had something to do with it. We settled for $325 cash.

Guess I'll chalk it up to cost of ownership. They did a good job so I'm satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                      Sounds like I should have become a dentist!
                      it IS a pretty SWEET gig.......especially if you work with KIDS!
                      2020 HTC BLACK 3LT Z51

Comment

Originally posted by RedwoodsC8 View Post

it IS a pretty SWEET gig.......especially if you work with KIDS!
                        Not sure I could deal with the crying kids.
                        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Im finding everybody in every type of car loves the c8.

in any make of car there are **** offs. Maybe you ran into a few.

i love the durability of the c8 not to mention its amazing performance.

under 80 or 100 mph not many can keep up with this C8.

want a winner in speeds over 80 mph then ante up the c8 z06 or E ray.

of course get ready to pay at least 50 percent more.

Not sure I need the extra performance of the c8 z06 considering I rarely are running the c8 stingray anywhere near its limit.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
                            Im finding everybody in every type of car loves the c8.

in any make of car there are **** offs. Maybe you ran into a few.

i love the durability of the c8 not to mention its amazing performance.

under 80 or 100 mph not many can keep up with this C8.

want a winner in speeds over 80 mph then ante up the c8 z06 or E ray.

of course get ready to pay at least 50 percent more.

Not sure I need the extra performance of the c8 z06 considering I rarely are running the c8 stingray anywhere near its limit.
                            Great the C8 is a big hit in a line of many ! Great for the Corvette World!

Comment

Originally posted by Milliwatt Rob View Post
                              There are things that my dentist does not share with me and things I do not share with my dentist, and the C8 is one of them.

Interesting, after I posted this piece, I got on the tollway that is only a half mile from the house. It is out in the foothills and practically empty all the time. I got on going 75 mph, and a Ferrari 430 come roaring past at what I estimated to be 90 to 95 mph. I did not see him coming. Talk about sensitivity!
                              Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
                              C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
                              Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
                              Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
                              Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X