Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

c8 is great. Two things I would chamge:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c8 is great. Two things I would chamge:

Have been driving sports cars for 50 yrs. English,German,italian,Asian.... One: duct cooling air to the front and rear brakes without using add on pieces. Pull the air from the nose and side scoops. Two: A 3lt plus or 4lt interior using higher quality materials. A lot of people that had or have Vipers had the interior pulled out and had them done with higher quality materials. Yes I think about it but will probably hold the cash for the ZR1.

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
    Have been driving sports cars for 50 yrs. English,German,italian,Asian.... One: duct cooling air to the front and rear brakes without using add on pieces. Pull the air from the nose and side scoops. Two: A 3lt plus or 4lt interior using higher quality materials. A lot of people that had or have Vipers had the interior pulled out and had them done with higher quality materials. Yes I think about it but will probably hold the cash for the ZR1.
    The front brake ducts do use air from the nose. They just don't get installed until PDI. Probably to do with clearance loading and unloading the trucks, but that's just a guess. I think you're right that GM could sell an even higher priced 4LT trim level with higher quality real leather throughout, as well as some other higher end touches.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Interesting topic.

after seven months....and about 5500 miles id suggest that in sport some exhaust engine noise be piped into the passenger compartment.

i dont want a louder exhaust sound on the outside of the car...(c8 z51 with standard npp) thats perfect...what I would like is the option to hear more engine roar as in my previous c6 z51 with NPP...same for my friends c7 z06...in their passenger cabin as they are a little more visceral stock for stock inside the cabin.

not a big deal but if GM execs happen to read the forum for owner insights.... you would like a 4LT interior as a preference...believe it or not I love my 1LT interior..suits me just fine...yet a little more engine roar in sport mode in the cabin would be a big winner...

of course its impossible to meet everyones suggestion yet you never know who might be reading these threads...

great topic to aid an already fabulous sports car reach even higher ..

i believe in the c6 there was a 4LT interior so you might just get what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by GTS Bruce View Post
        Timely comment as I have actually been talking with several interior folks in Tucson/Phoenix about doing just that to my Z06 when it arrives. I do wish I could get it from the factory, but would be happy to pay the premium for quality materials and work in aftermarket

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
          Interesting topic.

after seven months....and about 5500 miles id suggest that in sport some exhaust engine noise be piped into the passenger compartment.

i dont want a louder exhaust sound on the outside of the car...(c8 z51 with standard npp) thats perfect...what I would like is the option to hear more engine roar as in my previous c6 z51 with NPP...same for my friends c7 z06...in their passenger cabin as they are a little more visceral stock for stock inside the cabin.

not a big deal but if GM execs happen to read the forum for owner insights.... you would like a 4LT interior as a preference...believe it or not I love my 1LT interior..suits me just fine...yet a little more engine roar in sport mode in the cabin would be a big winner...

of course its impossible to meet everyones suggestion yet you never know who might be reading these threads...

i believe in the c6 there was a 4LT interior so you might just get what you are looking for.

Yes there was, albeit with limited and somewhat questionable color options

4LT – Includes all features from the 2LT and 3LT packages, plus:
          • Custom Leather Wrapped Interior, features leather-wrapped upper instrument panel, upper door trim panels and console storage cover. Exclusive leather color and two-tone design includes seat headrest “tonal” crossed flag embroidery and enhanced armrest padding. Special Bias pattern console trim plate.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            Interesting topic.

The engine and exhaust sound great in my HTC when top down or rear window down and top up! Is your car a coupe?
            2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
            Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

1. With the driver's window down , I think I should be able to rest my left arm on the door, that belt-line height. [Not that I would actually do that, buy should be available.] Seems like nearly every manufacturer is messing-up that.

2. More transparency in the rear view. Visibility should trump style. The 911s and some Mclarens do well with the look out the back.

Comment

Jeez, the 3LT is leather wrapped EVERYWHERE what more could you want?

The ZR1/Z06 are not meant to be luxury cars, they're performant models. Why do people think they'll have a better interior? The C7 ZR1 interior is objectively about the same as any other C7 Model

Comment

The C8’s interior was designed by the same company that designed the Bugatti Veyron and the since then newer Bugatti’s. The C8’s has thus has won award after award. I want nothing more. We just love it!
                  GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This thread could be way better balanced imo is everyone put not only the the two things they want changed but two or more things they love about the C8.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I'm pleased with the 3LT interior and the car as whole.

What I'd change is (1) give my MyMode the full set of controls available in Z-Mode. (2) I'd like make the tach to not switch colors to yellow so low in the Revs. 6000- 6300 should be yellow and 6300 - 6600 orange.

Unique to the Vert, I'd like to (1) have the rear window go all the way down and (2) make the nacelles a little narrower so that the rear window was a bit wider. Narrowing the nacelles would make the car feel a bit more open. I realize there are functional/safety issues potentially with these, but it is my wish list.
                      Last edited by Ragtop 99; 05-02-2021, 07:14 AM.
                      2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

O
                        Originally posted by MidLife View Post

The engine and exhaust sound great in my HTC when top down or rear window down and top up! Is your car a coupe?
                        fabulous sports car yet in the targa it is quieter than any of my previous corvettes with regards to engine growl/roar

if anyone was asking I would enjoy slightly more engine roar/rev in sport mode ..inside the passenger compartment. (Not outside noise)

that would be an aftermarket item or a corvette solution.

the exhaust noise is fine as it is from outside the car. I dont want it louder. The corvette engineers did such a fantastic job isolating the cabin from the engine bay which is really appreciated on long drives .llthe nvh is top of the class.l.

i just kind of wish for an option to pipe in some engine revving roar in sport mode.

my previous corvettes did aphave a more intoxicating engine rev inside the cabin..

trying to be constructive...love the vehicle...
                        Last edited by JB; 05-02-2021, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oooseun View Post
                          Jeez, the 3LT is leather wrapped EVERYWHERE what more could you want?

The ZR1/Z06 are not meant to be luxury cars, they're performant models. Why do people think they'll have a better interior? The C7 ZR1 interior is objectively about the same as any other C7 Model
                          Most of the leather in the 3LT is "Mulan," which appears to be chopped up bits of leather and binders pressed and rolled out like vinyl. Compare to the leather in a high end European car and there's really no comparison.

I agree thought that the Z06 and ZR-1 won't be have any real differences in the interior, unless it's to make them LESS luxurious to save weight.
                          Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Current C7: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black overDaytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Ragtop 99 View Post
                            Unique to the Vert, I'd like to (1) have the rear window go all the way down and (2) make the nacelles a little narrower so that the rear window was a bit wider. Narrowing the nacelles would make the car feel a bit more open. I realize there are functional/safety issues potentially with these, but it is my wish list.
                            (1). There appear to be clearance issues between the window and the sloping firewall in front of the engine. Also water ingress issues due to the downward sloping engine cover. While the latter could be redesigned, that would make the rear window even narrower (top to bottom) than it is now.

Firewall in relation to window:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	xao269sw5bcmei41v5ng.jpg
Views:	575
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	266578

Comment

One thing I would appreciate is OS grab rings on both sides for exit. The interior is the thing that probably convinced me to make the purchase. However, as Corvette moves up the scale as a "supercar" I would think the engineers will add even more refinement of the interior as standard or option.
                              Ceramic Gray Metallic Z51 w/TT interior Spec Grey Wheels

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X