Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

C8 Z06: Be Careful What We Wish For

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always amazed when people consider tack options for street cars. I've always been happy with base models and didn't opt for the Z51 package that 75% of 2020 buyers did. I just laugh when they complain about brake dust and squealing brakes. I suspect most chose that for a resale fantasy. Bragging rights will end the moment the Z06 is available. I'm not interested in a Z06 but I'd consider a Gran Sport. I like the idea of the wide body and bigger tires but the base has more performance than I'll ever use. Plus I don't want to wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer View Post
      I'm hoping for a non-track, everyday driver with AS tires, no spoiler, smooth riding C8 Z06 with a 5.5 liter roaring flat plane engine. Am I asking for too much?
      Maybe asking for too little.......Did they produce any C7 Z06’s without spoilers and with all season tires?
      Black over Sky Cool Gray.....2LT.....Z51.....FE4.....E60.....

Comment

I won't be getting a Z07. I'm happy with my Z51 w/ MSRC's ride and handling. I would be thrilled simply to swap the FPC motor and trans and leave the rest of the car as is.

I do worry that wider tires and stiffer sways will make the Z06 less friendly as a daily driver. Hopefully the MSRC tuning for tour will keep the ride close to my Z51 tour and no worse than running in Z51 sport mode.
        2021 Red Mist HTC / Z51 /Mag Ride / Yellow Calipers / C-Flash Mirrors and Wing / Front Lift / Black 3LT / CF Interior Trim / Yellow Belts and Stitching

Atomic Orange C6. Plenty of engine and suspension mods. Gone, but not forgotten

Comment

I’m still thinking they will align more with the Porsche GT3 model. I’m predicting they will up the ante on the Z07 package, adding DSSV dampers like the critically acclaimed ZL1 1LE. It’ll get the most extreme aero and may very well get rid of some creature comforts in an effort to save weight. It’ll be their version of the GT3 RS.

I also think they will offer a compliant street version for those that don’t track as much, in a similar vein to the GT3 touring model. Maybe even offer active aero for this model.

Just a prediction, but given the purpose of the Z07 package and the success GM had with the ZL1 1LE, my gut is telling me they’ll offer the DSSV suspension and all other models will get a more comfortable mag ride setup.

Comment

I think (based on zero evidence) that there will be a Z06 variant that will ride smooth enough for daily driving. Corvette knows that most of us don't track the cars and that they need to be livable as daily drivers. They have the best mag ride in the world and they know their audience.
            ​​​​

In the same way that mag ride became a stand alone option in 2021 I think that the Corvette team recognizes the audience and makes adjustments along the way. The knew that folks that didn't need Z51 still wanted to be able to adjust their ride quality to be firm or soft; it isn't just about track use.

For me; a high revving flat plane crank will make this the choice for me. Sound is crucial in my decision making.

Comment

Originally posted by roadhousecharley View Post
              I am always amazed when people consider tack options for street cars. I've always been happy with base models and didn't opt for the Z51 package that 75% of 2020 buyers did. I just laugh when they complain about brake dust and squealing brakes. I suspect most chose that for a resale fantasy. Bragging rights will end the moment the Z06 is available. I'm not interested in a Z06 but I'd consider a Gran Sport. I like the idea of the wide body and bigger tires but the base has more performance than I'll ever use. Plus I don't want to wait for it.
              When it comes to these cars, logic and practicality often don’t apply. It’s more about how the vehicle makes you feel... whether that means on the track, or just admiring it in your garage. Whatever floats your boat.... thats what these cars are all about at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post
                Maybe asking for too little.......Did they produce any C7 Z06’s without spoilers and with all season tires?
                No. They didn't even produce a base C7 with AS tires. I'm very happy with my C8 and if they make the Z06 a race car I'll just continue to enjoy my "base".

Comment

Race car = too much car for the street.
                  Street car = not enough car for the track. pick your poison
                  3LT Long Beach Red , Z51, FE4 , ZZ3, Black interior ,38S red stitching, Q8T, FA5, ER1, CFX, and R8C

Comment

Originally posted by Meldoon View Post

One could get an entry Z06 with a rear center fascia spoiler. I can not remember if the entry Z06 had corner spoilers or a “clean rear fascia top? Anyone?

However, there was never a Z06 order-able with OEM all seasons.
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This is the standard C7 Z06 spoiler.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0873 (2).JPG
Views:	167
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	262690

Name:	IMG_0876r.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	671.8 KB
ID:	262691
                      1966 coupe - Sunfire Yellow / Black
                      2004 Z06 - Millennium Yellow / Black

NCM Lifetime Member since 2003

Comment

As with other comments... I’ll pass on the E-Ray in favor of a livable Z06 with an FPC. My last car was a Lexus GS-F and with the staggered low-profiles, heavy weight and non-MSRC suspension, the Sport+ mode was not something I used when I had a sensitive co-pilot aboard. But the Sport mode was doable, and Normal was fabulous on long drives. I too want the high-rev and corresponding sound that an FPC will provide.

If the Z06 is only (or too) hard core, then I’ll delay (kicking and screaming all the way) for the ZR1.

Comment

Originally posted by brad66 View Post
                          This is the standard C7 Z06 spoiler.

Name:	IMG_0873 (2).JPG
Views:	167
Size:	608.0 KB
ID:	262690

Name:	IMG_0876r.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	671.8 KB
ID:	262691
                          I could live with that, but an active-version would be SWEET!

Comment

I agree whole heartedly with Baseballer, it’s all how it makes you feel (as long as you don’t pay attention to your back🤣). In this long process leading to a C8, I got a wild hair and purchased a 19’ Zl1 1LE M6. It is Brutal!! No rubber in the suspension at all! You feel every nook and cranny- and it’s wonderful!!! My wife likes going on rides with me just to see the grin on my face! Nothing else has ever felt like a “race car” to me. If asked to trade up, even for the smooth Mag ride and looks of a C8, I would be hard pressed to make a decision (luckily I get both). In essence, these are toys, and play with the one that makes you smile the biggest!

Comment

I just don’t get the Shock n Awe of an Eray.... how many times are your going to have (legal) opportunities to show off the 0-60 capability of the Eray? When you put the top down .... there’s no purr, no growl, no winding up of 495 horses behind your seat.... its just dullsville.... I guess I’m to old to go performance with electric motors and batteries... No opportunities to squeeze more power out of the Dinosaur Juice... Tis a mystery without any clues...😳 I’ve had a Performance Car hybrid which I tooled around town on the batteries... When you went WOT... the hum from the engine room was a recording... got old in a hurry... just saying.
                              202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

Originally posted by UCF.Fan48 View Post
                                I just don’t get the Shock n Awe of an Eray.... how many times are your going to have (legal) opportunities to show off the 0-60 capability of the Eray? When you put the top down .... there’s no purr, no growl, no winding up of 495 horses behind your seat.... its just dullsville.... I guess I’m to old to go performance with electric motors and batteries... No opportunities to squeeze more power out of the Dinosaur Juice... Tis a mystery without any clues...😳 I’ve had a Performance Car hybrid which I tooled around town on the batteries... When you went WOT... the hum from the engine room was a recording... got old in a hurry... just saying.
                                Remember.. the eRay will be a hybrid, fitted with the current push-rod V8. So you’ll still get that old school rumble if that’s what you like.

Me... I want that exotic, Ferrari-esque wail. BTJM

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X