Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

Are they still sending out speed shape models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are they still sending out speed shape models?

I received my C8 on October 8 (over 6 months ago) and have not received one of the speed shape models that were sent to early buyers. Are they still sending them to new owners? How long did it typically take from delivery to the time the model came?

Or maybe it is because I don't have a popular color -- I have a yellow HTC. Any yellow owners get one? How about HTC owners? And are the HTC models any different?

I got my torch red HTC in december and still didn't get a model yet.

Comment

I took delivery of my Zeus Coupe 10/2/20 and received the model early March.
      '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
      '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
      Several others including two C7's

'20... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels- 10/1/20😀 GAME CHANGER

Comment

YES, the HTC model is an HTC, and different from the coupe. See photos below.

I have a yellow HTC delivered Nov. 2020.

I have not seen anyone on any of the various vette forums reporting receiving a yellow coupe/HTC yet.

This is what I am expecting to receive hopefully in the next 2 years or so.
        (The sad thing is that people who sold are receiving these long after they got rid of their C8.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	102020_16b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	164.9 KB ID:	261335

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-Corvette-Model-Gift-005.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	189.4 KB ID:	261336

Click image for larger version  Name:	102020_19b.jpg Views:	0 Size:	432.9 KB ID:	261338
        carbuff
        Sr. Contributor
        Last edited by carbuff; 04-17-2021, 01:07 PM.
        2020 Yellow LT2 convertible
        2015 Z51 LT2 Yellow coupe - sold
        2006 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
        2002 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
        1993 Yellow coupe - sold
        1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

I also took delivery of my 2020 HTC in early October last year and similarly, don't have my "gift package" yet. I was told my color (Blade Silver) was on backorder. Perhaps the same with Accelerate Yellow? Likely COVID is causing some of the manufacturing delays. But hang in there; I'm told we WILL see it in the mail, as will all 2021 C8 buyers.

Comment

Harlan said in an interview a few weeks ago that they were going to send out the models for 2021 buyers, which implies 2020 buyers will also still get them. I read somewhere that there was a production problem with the boxes for the HTC models (which are apparently different than the coupe boxes?) but that wouldn't explain why coupe owners haven't gotten them in quite a while. Probably something else we can blame on world-wide supply chain problems. There may be an entire container full of them sitting off the coast of California waiting to be unloaded.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

As many have noted, timing is wonky. I expect it to stay that way with long gaps for different colors. However I personally confirmed with Harlan that all U.S. buyers, 2020 AND 2021’s will be getting one at some point.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Picked up my Shadow Grey Metallic Dec. 1 from the museum and received the gift mid January.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  As many have noted, timing is wonky. I expect it to stay that way with long gaps for different colors. However I personally confirmed with Harlan that all U.S. buyers, 2020 AND 2021’s will be getting one at some point.
                  Canadians started receiving them as well some time ago.
                  1993 Yellow coupe - sold
                  1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

Thanks carbuff for that very good news (at least to me).
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

This Canadian took delivery Aug. 20, 2020 and patiently waiting .
                      Torch Red, 2LT, Z51, Q8T, AH2, TU7, FE4, J6N, Deposit July 23, 2019 - 2000 Jan. 20 - 3000 Feb.1 - TPW: July 27, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by carbuff View Post
                        Canadians started receiving them as well some time ago.
                        Not including me unfortunately. My C8 coupe arrived May 2020, model still MIA. Granted, it is an unusual color -- Torch Red.

Oh well, the real thing is supplying me more grins than the model would.

Comment

Originally posted by Klinn View Post

Not including me unfortunately. My C8 coupe arrived May 2020, model still MIA. Granted, it is an unusual color -- Torch Red.

Oh well, the real thing is supplying me more grins than the model would.
                          I heard on one of the forums, that if you are on the GM "do not market to me list", you will NOT get one. Not sure if that is true or not, as nobody else confirmed it.
                          1993 Yellow coupe - sold
                          1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

I picked up my C8 Nov 19th (built Nov 9th) & received model Jan 9th. I remember getting a card in the mail before it came saying to expect something (think it said welcome gift/package) from GM
                            🤞🏼Best to those waiting, they are cool!
                            EL VIEJO
                            Sr. Contributor & ZORA Patron
                            Last edited by EL VIEJO; 04-18-2021, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Ours was delivered in September. No model. We’ve given up.
                              Stingray HTC, 2LT, (G1E)Long Beach Red, (HTM) Black interior, (Q8T)Spectra Grey Whls, (NPP)Performance Exhaust, (EFY) Body colored side vents and front and rear inserts, (AH2) GT2 seats, (E60) Front Lift, (J6N) Edge Red Calipers, (STI) Composite molded black rockers, (VQK) Splash guards, (R8C) Museum Delivery

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X