MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

Official Announcement of The C8’s 7.18.19 Reveal; Video of The C8’s Ride; C7 Production Ending This Year

2 of 3 < >

MidEngineCorvetteForum Traveling “Forum Flag” Program Created!

We just created our MECF traveling Forum Flag Program thanks to “Ripper!” Would YOU like to display our forum flag on your Corvette, become a member of this program? Thanks for looking at the thread, especially at FVS’ created Forum Flag.

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...rogram-created
3 of 3 < >

C8 Section Re-Organization, With Our New “Mid Engine Exterior/Interior Pictures, Videos and Renderings” Section

MECF members asked for our segregating pictures, renderings and videos into one area; looking ahead, that section will become our most viewed area once you get your C8’s. Pre-existing threads that fit are now being moved. Thank you for the suggestion!
See more
See less

C8 Designer Stylistic Skills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 Designer Stylistic Skills

The ME’s design team will use many “tricks of the trade” to insure that the next generation Corvette works as a fully-integrated, aesthetically flowing vehicle. At the same time, as many of us have noticed, they have some challenges to overcome, not the least of which is that the car will appear to many to be bass-awkwards from seven decades of our being used to long-hooded, short-rear-decked, Corvettes.

As commented by a few, they expect the ME to have a longer rear end than some of its competitors. This is consistent with some of the spy shots we have seen, and also consistent with our excellent renderings. However, in some of our views the rear of the car appears to be longer than in others, to wit, this latest ITW shot.

Click image for larger version  Name:	E647BA5F-EE52-4DC4-9B97-D4B893793E1B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	85.1 KB ID:	26093
    Pictures thanks to Corvette_Nut.

As a couple of you have posted, there probably is some functional reason for a longer rear area. However, I remain optimistic that the GM designers have cleverly figured out a way to visually minimize that component.

Similarly, we have seen a couple of spy pictures showing almost a dumbo-ears, excessively wide rear side scoop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	0906D4FE-3A50-486D-B6CF-E3E4B4918B45.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	26092

Yet even then, from someone who has seen the finished car, however, he said that the team of GM designers has created a way to very nicely integrate that scoop into the overall design, and conversely added, “it is an attractive design component.”

Lastly, regarding some spy pictures have shown an almost chopped off front of the car.

Click image for larger version  Name:	14D1E4B5-0ADD-4199-8955-7C0AFC117AEB.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	194.1 KB ID:	26091
    Picture credit to Pasteiner’s Auto Zone.

Not suggesting that as we have become accustomed to the extremely long C3+ front hoods, that the C8’s much shorter one will not be a surprise to many, but that when we see the finished car, the ME’s front will “fit” the car.

The great design team who created the C7, are also the same team who has created the entry year C8, e.g., the team of Ed Welburn, Tom Peters, Kirk Bennion, Hwasup Lee, Jose Gonzalez, and more.

With these incredibly talented designers, I have full faith that the C8’s design will artfully use their many artistic design skills to make the C8 visually be the integrated, flowing, exceptional-looking Corvette that it truly needs to be. Sometime this year, we will finally get to see it!
    So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

I have no concerns with the short hood, long deck look, in general. I've always like the shape and proportions of ME Ferraris, the older Ford GT, and similar cars. I'm looking forward to the "cab forward" design.
    SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
    >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

I wonder why the last picture has such a snub nose compared to the other shots? Could it be perspective or camera lens? I love the longer front but definitely do not like the third pic above. Looks like forward proportion is missing.
      Rocket City Florida

Comment

The C7 design team hit a home run. With their having six years more experience, I expect another home run.

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
          I wonder why the last picture has such a snub nose compared to the other shots? Could it be perspective or camera lens? I love the longer front but definitely do not like the third pic above. Looks like forward proportion is missing.
          I think a more useful reference to the C8's proportions are the C8 videos that have been captured.

Photos are easily manipulated (i.e., "photo-shopped"). The photo below in particular gives an unusual and unexpected proportional length to the car. My first thought when I saw this photo is that the image was electronically altered to lengthen the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5020.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	26123
          Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
            It's the angle. If you look at multiple photos, you can see that the front is very short in front of the wheels, but angles forward to a point in the center of the car. Some angles (direct side view, for example), emphasize the length of that center point. From other angles, you don't see that as much, and the short section in front of the wheels gets more emphasis.

I think that effect won't be as noticeable when you see the car in 3D, rather than a flat image.

SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            >31,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X