Service "Suspension System"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service "Suspension System"

So, I had this Status MSG pop up when I started my car.

"Service Suspension System"

After Pressing the button to clear the message, car acted and performed normally. Upon restarting the car the next time, same MSG, so I called my local Chevy dealer to setup an appointment for next week. Since then, NO further MSG's on startup or driving. Any ideas what it could be looking at? The Service Manager and the Corvette tech both said that they'd have to do some research on it.

I think it was a ***** electron, but I know the battery stays fully charged.
    Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

That's a new one ... hope it's just anomaly.
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Corvettes have been known for “one offs” for decades. And sometimes these weird things will happen and then go away for quite awhile but then return, i.e., C5 would once every 30,000 miles tell us a similar “Tract Sup Sys.” Each time it would shut power down to 600 RPM’s. We will go to the side of the road, turn off the motor and wait five minutes, then perfection for another 30K. A dealership and then later the Corvette’s troubleshooting team in Michigan could never figure out why. Other than that it was flawless.

rickg747, we hope your weird happening is a one and done!
      GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
        Corvettes have been known for “one offs” for decades. And sometimes these weird things will happen and then go away for quite awhile but then return, i.e., C5 would once every 30,000 miles tell us a similar “Tract Sup Sys.” Each time it would shut power down to 600 RPM’s. We will go to the side of the road, turn off the motor and wait five minutes, then perfection for another 30K. A dealership and then later the Corvette’s troubleshooting team in Michigan could never figure out why. Other than that it was flawless.

rickg747, we hope your weird happening is a one and done!
        I will probably cancel the appointment. You can't really troubleshoot what isn't broken at the time. I've driven it several times today and no further events.

Electrical gremlins are just that, gremlins
        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

There is some advantage to having the gremlin on file with the service department in the event a warranty item appears later.
          Rick, Charlotte, NC
          Current: 2019 GS, Shadow Grey Metalic, Modified

Next: 2021 Arctic White HTC, Z51, two tone red 3LT, mag ride, front end lift, carbon flash roof and nacelles, 5VM splitter and side skirts painted carbon flash, Vossen HF-3 black wheels, PPF and ceramic, lowering kit, window tint. Status 3000 with Feb allocation

Comment

Originally posted by RLBZ06 View Post
            There is some advantage to having the gremlin on file with the service department in the event a warranty item appears later.
            This is Very true

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
            Working...
            X