Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

My First Post, Hello World. Waiting on Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post
    So my order is delayed because I want the popular color... Well It will be worth wait wait. Red Mist is SUCH AN AWESOME color.
    Exactly, you'll be living with the car for several years so might as well make sure its exactly what you want. Way, way back when C8 orders were first being submitted I had a chance to move up the line and get a car earlier, but Torch Red was not available right then. So sadly I had to pass on it just so I could get my preferred color later. No regrets!

BTW, if Red Mist had been available back then, I would have jumped at it instead of Torch Red. Such a great color.

Originally posted by Mike0707 View Post
    I put a deposit on the red mist colour back in January. GM picked up the order March 25. The dealer doesn’t know when I’ll get it. He said maybe by July. I live near Toronto, Ontario. Has anyone heard what the delivery times are like to Canada?
    Yay, another Canuck Corvette joining the crew! Delivery to Canada can vary a lot depending on if it's shipped by truck or rail. The latter is much longer. I've heard that some rail shipments in the States are now going by truck but not sure if GM has made any changes for Canada. Generally speaking C8's destined for Southern Ontario go by truck, ones for Winnipeg or Ottawa (me) or further go by rail. I'm not sure exactly where the cut-off line is in Southern Ontario. St. Catherines definitely gets theirs by truck but I'm not sure about Toronto. We do have a couple of forum members who live in the GTA so hopefully they'll chime in.

Congrats to both of you and good luck!

Comment

I live in Waterloo which is nearer to St. Catherines, so hopefully delivery is by truck and I’ll get it quicker.

How do you check the order status? A few members have mentioned going to a GM website. What is the process?

Comment

I live in Waterloo which is nearer to St. Catherines, so hopefully delivery is by truck and I’ll get it quicker.

How do you check the order status? A few members have mentioned going to a GM website. What is the process?

Goto chevrolet.com and in the lower right you see a chat button that looks like a cartoon speak bubble. Click on that, then click on order status for corvette. Give them your order number and they will give you the status.
        3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
        3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
        Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
        Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

BuyPeaksSellDips...I too am a February Red Mist HTC allocation sitting at 3000 for the past 6 weeks. I expect to roll to 3300 status the week of 4/12. According to the Museum folks my TPW is sitting at 5/3. This is always subject to change based on production delays. If you are a museum delivery, or getting the photo album, check the museum website and contact either Shane or Lori and they can look in their system and see when your TPW has been assigned. They can see things the Corvette Concierge cannot. Good Luck and hope you build occurs soon.
          Initial order placed with Kerbeck on 9/14/20
          Allocation at status 2000 on 2/12/21
          3000 status on 2/17/21
          3300 on 4/16/21
          3400 on 4/23/21 TPW 5/3
          2021 HTC 3LT GPH HU9 TU7 FE2 E60 NPP R8C
          eagerly awaiting May 25 delivery at NCM

Comment

Welcome to the Forum! As a former owner of a C4, C5, and C7, and a new owner of a Red Mist C8, I can say with assurance, you are in for an astonishing driving experience. It is so awesome you will forget the wait.
            Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
            C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
            Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
            Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
            Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Originally posted by James Wisecarver View Post
              BuyPeaksSellDips...I too am a February Red Mist HTC allocation sitting at 3000 for the past 6 weeks. I expect to roll to 3300 status the week of 4/12. According to the Museum folks my TPW is sitting at 5/3. This is always subject to change based on production delays. If you are a museum delivery, or getting the photo album, check the museum website and contact either Shane or Lori and they can look in their system and see when your TPW has been assigned. They can see things the Corvette Concierge cannot. Good Luck and hope you build occurs soon.
              James Wisecarver Thanks for this info. I am not doing museum delivery or photo album so I guess I can't call shane 😕😕. However, it looks like you are exactly 2 weeks ahead of me. My 3000 status started on 3/1, and since we are both Red Mist HTC, this we SHOULD stay 2 weeks apart or so. If you don't mind, if you get a major update, do you mind PM'ing me or posted them? Thanks. OMG, every time I get on this web site I get more excited. I got to stay off it.. LOL... I need to go to youtube and watch Red Mist vids to calm my cravings.. LOL...
              3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
              Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
              Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

Comment

Well I have checked on the GM.ca website twice over the last three weeks and they see my order but tell me it isn’t even scheduled yet. However... total shock today... the dealer texted me and said my Corvette is built! Wow what a great surprise!! They told me their last Corvette was completed March 30 and they received it April 14. So I’m hopeful I’ll have it before June. AWESOME!!!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the fun bunch...

If you dealer happens to be Mike Furman/Criswell, I am pretty certain he can give you a really good idea of what the timeline looks like

Comment

Mike0707 that is wonderful news from your being in the great waiting abyss to now having your C8 completed!
                    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B6419558-B76B-47C6-AF8E-CD8FDDF01BF4.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	3.99 MB
ID:	262887 You guys with the Red Mist orders will be very pleased with your color choice!! I've had mine for almost 3 months now and still loving it!! Glad we got the HTC 😎 Here is mine on delivery day Jan 26,2021.
                      2021 2LT HTC, front lift, MRCS, GT2 natural Napa 2 tone seats, Perf. exh and all wrapped in Red Mist metallic, lowered w/Paragon collars and riding on BC Forged wheels 😎
                      Delivered 1/26/21 VIN 00921

Comment

[QUOTE=BuyPeaksSellDips;n256009]Thank you all and AverageVetteNut and Boomer. Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette History.png
Views:	485
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	256010

Here is my red mist HTC. Click image for larger version

Name:	08A41980-E4DB-47E7-A85A-FE632220B0B2.jpeg
Views:	92
Size:	5.51 MB
ID:	264278 Click image for larger version

Name:	B9A1EC3C-8347-443E-AE60-2C0EA83A764B.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	3.68 MB
ID:	264277

2021 C8 HTC, LT2, Mist Red, Carbon Flash Roof, Carbon Flash Wheels, Black Interior, Exhaust Upgrade, Z51 Carbon Flash Rear Spoiler, Mag Suspension, Carbon Flash Mirrors.

Comment

Canadiansteelman

Looks niiiiiiiiiice. That is so similar to mine.... I CANT WAIT!!! When did yours goto 3000, and when did you get it?

Comment

That looks amazing! Mine just arrived at the dealer! They sent me a video of it coming off the truck. Saturday I pick it up!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the Forum & congrats on your movement

Comment

That looks amazing! Mine just arrived at the dealer! They sent me a video of it coming off the truck. Saturday I pick it up!
                                Today is Tuesday... and they are making wait till Saturday?!?!?! Booooy, if that were me, I'd be like, I'm going to be there tomorrow, and if you are not ready, then I'm going postal.. lol

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X