Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

My First Post, Hello World. Waiting on Order

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My First Post, Hello World. Waiting on Order

    Hello World. My First Post. A little background on me. Avid Corvette lover/owner in the Past. My first vette was a 1985 blue coupe, I bought in 1996 as an 18 year old. (I bought for $7K then.. funny thing is, that vette goes for about the same price 25 years later, lol) Then upgraded to a new 1998 pewter Coupe. Then a 2000 Millennium Yellow Convertible. Then I had to "Grow up" and spend money on real things, like house, wife and kids, lol... 20 years later I can buy a vette again. And no, I don't think this is a mid life crises.. yet.. lol.

    I got on a order List in Summer of 2020. I got my allocation in late February, and on March 1st, my Red Mist HTC went to order status 3000. My order number starts with XZN. Dealer told me there was no constraints when it went to order. As of today, it is still at 3000 with no TPW assigned yet. A little bummed that orders later than mine are already being produced, but oh well, it is what it is.... I'm crossing my fingers for a May delivery. 🤞🤞🤞

    I live in Maryland, what is the average time from TPW to dealer delivery? I read on here that museum delivery averages about 2 weeks after TPW, and west cost deliveries take longer because of rail car ship.. But for me, in Maryland, should it also be about 2 weeks after TPW? Just like all future corvette owners on this site.... anxiously awaiting...

    Thank You All.
    3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
    3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
    Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
    Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

  • #2
    The wait is the toughest but well worth it. Congrats on the 3000 status and welcome to the forum!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BuyPeaksSellDips View Post
      I live in Maryland, what is the average time from TPW to dealer delivery? ... But for me, in Maryland, should it also be about 2 weeks after TPW?
      I'm also in MD, Ocean City. Received my C8 August 7, 2020 which was about two weeks after it was built. The "T" in TPW stands for "tentative" and could change after its issued. You can keep track of your production status through your dealer or Corvette Concierge. You can use the forum search function to find info about Concierge including their e-mail address.

      Thanks for the background. First post. Welcome to the forum!

      Comment


      • #4
        welcome aboard.

        Yes, the wait from 3000 can be a long one. I think we were over a month until 3300 and then another week or so after that before we got a build week/day. So, it was 3 months from the day our order was placed and matched to the allocation until the build day. Had the parts shortage not hit in feb, then we would've been built sooner.

        And yes, you SHOULD have a short-ish delivery being on the eastern side of the country. The build process in how they plan them varies with colors and so on, so they aren't 1 color heavy during a certain time period and blah blah blah, so that's not shocking that you might be getting build 'later' than someone that ordered a white one after you and so on.

        Hang in there... we got our 4 days ago and it was worth it.
        Brian Huber
        Previous Corvettes
        2002 Z06 - SCCA autocross car - 58SSR ( Sold 4/20 )
        2003 Vert - Wife's stress relief/therapy car ( Sold 7/20 )

        2021 Coupe Black #6936 - Natural two-tone. 2LT, Mag-ride, NPP, Edge Red Calipers. NCM delivery ( Status 3000 as of 1/11/21 , 3300 as of 2/16/21, 3400 as of 3/9/21, 3800 as of 3/15/21, NCM Delivery 3/29)

        Comment


        • #5
          Congrats on your advancement 👍👍 Welcome to the forum 🍻
          Arctic White 2LT, G8G, HUL, F9, AH2, 5ZZ, E60, STI, SHW J6F, Q8Q, RCC, Z51, ZYC.

          Comment


          • #6
            Welcome to the friendly forum!
            '64 Silver Grey Coupe (custom paint)- still our favorite
            '77 Black L82 / 4SPD
            '78 Silver Anniversary L82 / 4SPD
            '13 White/Blue Diamond 427 60th roadster - favorite late model
            '14 Black Z51 Coupe
            '15 Shark Grey Z51 Coupe
            '20 ... Zeus Bronze Coupe, 2LT, GT2 seats, Natural two tone, Body color accents, Pewter wheels - Delivered 10/1/20😀

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you all and AverageVetteNut and Boomer. Click image for larger version

Name:	Corvette History.png
Views:	485
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	256010

              3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
              3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
              Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
              Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

              Comment


              • #8
                Congrats BPSD! Sorry your Red Mist is slowing down your order (for BGA has a color per time max it can produce). This happened at the dry beginning of C8 sales for Torch red, then immediately again for Rapid Blue when it was first produced. Both smoothed out. Red Mist’s are still be made at 25% of orders, but that overage over that 25% level is slowing them down a little.

                It will all be worth it when our Red Mist arrives just a little delayed from linearly.

                Welcome to MECF!
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by John View Post
                  Congrats BPSD! Sorry your Red Mist is slowing down your order (for BGA has a color per time max it can produce). This happened at the dry beginning of C8 sales for Torch red, then immediately again for Rapid Blue when it was first produced. Both smoothed out. Red Mist’s are still be made at 25% of orders, but that overage over that 25% level is slowing them down a little.

                  It will all be worth it when our Red Mist arrives just a little delayed from linearly.

                  Welcome to MECF!
                  Ohhh ok. So my order is delayed because I want the popular color... Well It will be worth wait wait. Red Mist is SUCH AN AWESOME color.. I can't WAIT!!!!!!
                  3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
                  3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
                  Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                  Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Welcome to the forum. Your better off not knowing how long as those last couple weeks seem to drag on and highly alter your sleep pattern. LOL
                    Great choice.
                    Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined and I love your color choice!
                      2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18. Status 3300 on 4/1. Status 3400 on 4/15. TPW 4/19. Born 4/21/21.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Congratulations on your first post! This is my first post too since I just joined the forum tonight. I put a deposit on the red mist colour back in January. GM picked up the order March 25. The dealer doesn’t know when I’ll get it. He said maybe by July. I live near Toronto, Ontario. Has anyone heard what the delivery times are like to Canada?

                        I've never owned a Corvette. In fact I’m new to the Chevy brand. I’ve admired Vettes but I’ve always leaned towards getting a Porsche... until the C8 came out! Wow! This car is a game changer! I’ve ordered the 2LT with Z51 package plus a few other cool options. I didn’t order the front lift. I hope I don’t regret that decision.

                        Last fall I decided it was time to finally get a sports car. Mid life crisis? Maybe. As I did my research I figured it would be a Cayman but I found myself gravitating to pictures of the C8. The more I read about the new Stingray the more I got excited. By the time January rolled around I was obsessed with the car! The problem? There is a two year waiting list here in Canada. And my next big hurdle was persuading my wife this was a good idea. The family of a good friend of my wife’s owns a Chevy dealership, so my trial close on my wife was “so do you think Dana’s brother could get me a Corvette?” Her response wasn’t “are you crazy!” It was “I don’t know, why don’t you ask her.” Sweet! Long story short they gave me a spot they had reserved for a family member. I can hardly wait!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mike0707 - If you put your initial deposit down in January and received an allocation in March, you, my friend, will be wildly popular on this forum! (I’M KIDDING!!). A lot of MECF members have waited a long time for their order to be picked up. Anyhow, WELCOME to the forum! This is a great group. Like you, this will be my first Corvette. Glad you joined us!
                          2021 Red Mist HTC, 3LT, Black interior w/suede inserts and red stitching, Z51, Mag Ride, E60 lift, interior CF, Spectra Gray Tridents, and Edge Red Calipers. Status 2000 on 2/11/21. Status 3000 on 2/18. Status 3300 on 4/1. Status 3400 on 4/15. TPW 4/19. Born 4/21/21.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mike0707 View Post
                            Congratulations on your first post! This is my first post too since I just joined the forum tonight. I put a deposit on the red mist colour back in January. GM picked up the order March 25. The dealer doesn’t know when I’ll get it. He said maybe by July. I live near Toronto, Ontario. Has anyone heard what the delivery times are like to Canada?

                            I've never owned a Corvette. In fact I’m new to the Chevy brand. I’ve admired Vettes but I’ve always leaned towards getting a Porsche... until the C8 came out! Wow! This car is a game changer! I’ve ordered the 2LT with Z51 package plus a few other cool options. I didn’t order the front lift. I hope I don’t regret that decision.

                            Last fall I decided it was time to finally get a sports car. Mid life crisis? Maybe. As I did my research I figured it would be a Cayman but I found myself gravitating to pictures of the C8. The more I read about the new Stingray the more I got excited. By the time January rolled around I was obsessed with the car! The problem? There is a two year waiting list here in Canada. And my next big hurdle was persuading my wife this was a good idea. The family of a good friend of my wife’s owns a Chevy dealership, so my trial close on my wife was “so do you think Dana’s brother could get me a Corvette?” Her response wasn’t “are you crazy!” It was “I don’t know, why don’t you ask her.” Sweet! Long story short they gave me a spot they had reserved for a family member. I can hardly wait!
                            That's Awesome. Looks like you are 25 days behind me, so I'll let you know when I get my TPW. If it is the red mist holding us up, then we SHOULD be on about the same schedule, just 25 days behind me. But of course there are other factors that could even put you before me, or waaay after me. I guess you never know with GM...
                            3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
                            3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
                            Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                            Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                              Welcome to the forum. Your better off not knowing how long as those last couple weeks seem to drag on and highly alter your sleep pattern. LOL
                              Great choice.
                              HAHAHAHA LOL.... Don't remind me. I'm tempted to not check on my status still May 1st, and hopefully be surprised that it just shipped or something.... I think knowing might just drag it on further.... But who am I kidding, I'll still be checking weekly, hahahaha
                              3000 - 3/1/2021. 3400 - 5/24/2021. Built 6/14/21. Still awaiting delivery.
                              3LT Red Mist HTC. Jet Black Interior w/Red stitching and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim. Carbon Flash Roof, Nacelles and Mirrors
                              Front Lift. Spectra Gray Trident Wheels w/Edge Red Calipers. Chrome Exterior Badge Package. Midnight Silver with CF accent fender hash marks.
                              Adding AGM Carbon Fiber 5VM package, High Wing Spoiler, Rear Diffuser, mirror caps, and front grill inserts.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X