Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

C8 Roof Panel Repair Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here you go; make your own. Available on line. Had one on my C4 ZR-1 hood prop. --Bob

Click image for larger version  Name:	RemoveBeforeFlight2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	255359
    2016 Z06 Long Beach Red #10281 "POPS Z"
    -Kalahari, 2LZ, Auto, chrome wheels
    1995 ZR-1 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN" --Haibeck 350/510hp package, Sold but still running strong
    1993 ZR-1 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING" --Sold but still running strong
    1967 Corvette Coupe --Marlboro Maroon/Saddle 300 HP 4 Speed, Sold in 1977
    ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
    Member of Original ZR-1 Registry
    NCM Lifetime Member
    Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
    "Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"

Comment

All of these stories have kept me extra-vigilant when changing out the targa roof. It's a club I never hope to join, but if I were the OP I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to the transparent roof.

Comment

Originally posted by jmickfly View Post
        Steve,
        I feel your pain. The 1st time I took my roof off I hit the spoiler and made a mark. The 2nd week a rock hit my hood and windshield causing a scratch & scuff. I bought a nice splitter and within a month it had a scratch on it.......AND just last week my windshield took another rock and now I need it replaced. Other than that.....LOL BTW, Take your belt off when you clean the engine compartment....
        Oh mate! it hurts just to read this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackfrostpdx View Post
          All of these stories have kept me extra-vigilant when changing out the targa roof. It's a club I never hope to join, but if I were the OP I'd take the opportunity to upgrade to the transparent roof.
          There is something nice about the transparent roof but the body color roof completes the car IMHO. My Tesla has the full glass roof... It's nice. Doesn't get too hot in the interior either (or the auto A/C kicks in at 100 or so anyway).

Comment

I suspect that any reputable Body Shop could repair that damage pretty easily, and the red paint is easy to replicate.
            Torch red 1LT, no options. Built June 4, received July 2

Comment

Another reason I'm glad I got the HTC, because I can easily imagine myself doing this.
              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3300, TWP 5/17: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post
                Another reason I'm glad I got the HTC, because I can easily imagine myself doing this.
                I would love to have the HTC, but I also want that engine visible. For me, I think I have to go coupe because I can always take the top off, I can't expose that engine with the HTC top up or down.
                On Order: 2LT Coupe, Z51, Elkhart Lake Blue, GT2 seats, Edge Red Calipers, Mag Ride, Front Lift, High Wing spoiler, R8C museum delivery.

2000 status 5/1, 3000 on 5/4

Comment

Originally posted by Davii1775 View Post

I would love to have the HTC, but I also want that engine visible. For me, I think I have to go coupe because I can always take the top off, I can't expose that engine with the HTC top up or down.
                  My thoughts EXACTLY. First Mid Engine Vette, and I want to see it.
                  Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Never took the roof off my 2014 C7 and probably won't take it off my C8. Just adds unnecessary complexity. Both transparent.

Comment

That would bother me enough to buy a new one.

Comment

Took my top off for the first time two Sundays ago and I pushed down on it to make sure it was locked in, or so I thought. Got home and opened the trunk and low and behold a small chip of paint was there on the front edge. Being Zeus Bronze I took it to a friend who is a body shop man full time and he got the factory paint and Wa La no more missing chip of paint. I purchased the mat for the trunk and believe now that it was holding the top from fully locking in. The mat has room in which to slide so I feel that that was the culprit. Tomorrow I am getting it Clear wrapped and will be putting a towel or something over the front edge in the future when removing my top.
                        J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                        "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

There are enough C8’s being wrecked now, and unless it was a roll over, there should be some tops available from a scrap yard.
                          Should be easy to find one on the internet now.
                          Cape Cod Taxachusetts

3LT GDO/AYM Coupe. Z51, Mag Shocks, Yellow Calipers. Black Interior, Black Suede Seats, Yellow Stitching. Yellow Seat Belts.
                          Illuminated Sills. Front and Rear Splash Guards. Chrome Wheel Locks,
                          Home 08/10/20

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X