Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Spring Mountain insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And yet almost everyone buys house insurance and health insurance. Why? When you do not plan on your house burning down or you getting cancer?

That should answer your question OP.
    2020 Yellow LT2 convertible
    2015 Z51 LT2 Yellow coupe - sold
    2006 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
    2002 Z51 Yellow coupe - sold
    1993 Yellow coupe - sold
    1979 Red coupe - sold

Comment

Originally posted by carbuff View Post
      And yet almost everyone buys house insurance and health insurance. Why? When you do not plan on your house burning down or you getting cancer?

That’s not really a great analogy. You can buy insurance for an awful lot of things, almost anything you buy nowadays, most of it’s unnecessary. I think, for most financial situations, health, house, automobile (liability as a minimum), and an umbrella liability are about all you really need. Maybe life insurance too, but you usually only need that when you are younger with a mortgage and kids to put through college.

Comment

Originally posted by 16falcon View Post

That’s not really a great analogy. You can buy insurance for an awful lot of things, almost anything you buy nowadays, most of it’s unnecessary. I think, for most financial situations, health, house, automobile (liability as a minimum), and an umbrella liability are about all you really need. Maybe life insurance too, but you usually only need that when you are younger with a mortgage and kids to put through college.
        In this case, there is already insurance, and the premium is built into the cost of the class. What you are doing by paying the $200 is reducing your deductible. Depending on your financial situation, it may be worth it to reduce the deductible.

Comment

I bought it for my wife and me. One driver went off the road in our class...... now t sure we pushed the limit, but we were not afraid because of potential cost. Everyone has their own boundaries.
          Torch Red Z51, 3LT, Lift, Transparent Top, Black Trident, Red/Black 2 Tone-seats, Mag, Carbon Flash wing and mirrors.

Comment

With insurance worse case scenario will cost you $2,000
            Without insurance worse case scenario will cost you $8,000

If two wheels leave the track, you need to go back for inspection.
            If four wheels leave the track, you stay put and wait for inspection.

Comment

I've done my good share of track days with a local club, at the time I was driving my Audi S4 and most of the guys had Quattro on their cars. Over the years I've pushed it and have been rewarded with a number of 'Offs", typically 2 wheels, and none serious and never hitting anything at all. That being said we had a number or rear wheel sports cars go off in a much more serious way impacting concrete and tire walls. Typically they involve spins with little option to control the event.

As this will only be my second track day in a Corvette; the insurance will be purchased. Please consider your experience and comfort on the track and in the corvette when you consider the insurance...
              '21 2LT Coupe, Torch Red over Black w/ microfiber, Z51, GT2 seats, FE4 mag ride, J6N edge red calipers, E60 front lift, Q8Q Carbon Flash wheels

Status 1100 2/17/21
              Status 3000 3/24/21

Comment

Spring Mountain is now running a different track that it used to for most Corvette Owners School classes due to construction. So what I will not next might not be true now, but on the previous, mostly-used COS track, there were very, very large run off areas (nothing to run into at least 90% of the way around.
                GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by RxCritical View Post
                  It was my second trip to SM and I didn't get it either time. Of course I didn't drive their cars on the cutting edge either. I think the $200 drops it from a $8000 deductible to $2000 or $3000. I never came close to driving off the track. But we did have a 80 year old in my group drive off and tag a fence with the back of his. I hope he had the insurance.
                  Well I’m only 73 so I guess I’ll just pass on the insurance.... OH Wait!! I may be 80 before I take delivery of my C8... better buy the insurance... 😎
                  202(1 or 2) Arctic White HTC Z51 with all the Goodies 😎

Comment

Not knowing the whole need behind insurance at Spring Mountain. The fact that is a voluntary coverage and not mandatory coverage tells me all I need to know. RIPOFF. If you go to Spring Mountain and Trash one of their cars. Would the big concern with this scenario be who is going to pay for the broken toy are would their be more emphasis on bodily injury? Can't imagine a venue like SM taking a customer to court for damage to a car. Could you imagine the counter bodily injury suit. I won't be buying their insurance. I am sure they have plenty.

Comment

When I was there in 2016 I opted to take the insurance for the piece of mind that 2k was less than 8k. And sure enough I didn't need it, Thank God! I'm scheduled for May 3-4 class and, yes I'm opting again you take the insurance. If for anything the Piece of Mind!
                      J Balmer, Pemberton, NJ Medford Lakes Corvette Club Member
                      "3LT Zeus Bronze, Natural Dipped, NNP, E60, ZZ3 Engine Package, 5ZZ , 719, J6A Black calipers, DUB Sterling Silver Racing Stripe, BV4,"

Comment

Originally posted by carbuff View Post

Your examples are not dependent on how aggressive you are or how hard you push yourself.

Go at your own pace and you'll be fine.

In fact go a bit faster than that pace each session and you'll be fine too.

No one even put a wheel off at my time there.

Comment

Originally posted by Njfisherman View Post
                          When I was there in 2016 I opted to take the insurance for the piece of mind that 2k was less than 8k. And sure enough I didn't need it, Thank God! I'm scheduled for May 3-4 class and, yes I'm opting again you take the insurance. If for anything the Piece of Mind!
                          Your other half may give you a piece of mind but you will need peace of mind.

Comment

The average to above average driver will never need the additional insurance. With the lead follow driving setup they use, the instructors are not going to take you into danger. They have eyes on a 360 degree swivel and know exactly how you can handle it. Add to that, they will split you up into 3 different groups of what they think your driving skills are. Save the $200 for a nice steak dinner for your spouse. That $200 will bring your liability down from $8000 to $2000. YMMV
                            Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

I went there when I got my C7. Didn’t buy the insurance. While most posters are correct that you shouldn’t get in trouble in the lead/follow track experience, where insurance may give you more peace of mind is if you buy the extra day that’s just track time. That’s not lead/follow. You’re on your own. I did the third day with the C7 and no insurance. TBH, I pushed as hard as I was comfortable with and didn’t think about the insurance. Will do the same with the C8.
                              Steve

TR HTC 2LT

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X