Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Z06 Potential Patents

As we get ready for the Z06’s debut sometime in the next year, IMO time to brush up on the 23 GM C8 patents — many of which are Z06 potentials: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...alized-patents
See more
See less

Spring Mountain insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Mountain insurance

Hi, I’m heading to SM tomorrow. Is the additional track insurance worth it? Thanks ✌️

Like all insurance, if one does not need it (fire, earthquake, medical), then it was a complete waste of money. If one needs it and has purchased it in advance, your hindsight was terrific (and well done). Off course like all insurance I hope I waste my money completely (rather have my great heath and spent needelessly for med insurance than have health issues and collected some portion of my insurance costs in return).

If I remember correctly the insurance at Spring Mountain and costs $200, and it gives you coverage to some amount. So if you mess up a C8 by going off the track, that $200 was well spent. I can say as a fact that most do not buy the insurance there and way less than that ever have an incident. But if you are the one is $200 worth it to you?

Interested in others’ thoughts...
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

I bought the insurance. Piece of mind was my motive. I did not need it but had I not bought it I might have driven a little slower. charlie aka cutnout

Comment

It was my second trip to SM and I didn't get it either time. Of course I didn't drive their cars on the cutting edge either. I think the $200 drops it from a $8000 deductible to $2000 or $3000. I never came close to driving off the track. But we did have a 80 year old in my group drive off and tag a fence with the back of his. I hope he had the insurance.
        2020 CMG 2 Tone Blue Z51, FE4

Comment

Thank you John and Charlie 👍

Comment

Hi Rx, very funny. He’s got a great story for the grandkids 😁

Comment

Originally posted by cutnout View Post
              I bought the insurance. Piece of mind was my motive. I did not need it but had I not bought it I might have driven a little slower. charlie aka cutnout
              I had not thought about the the driving slower point - makes me think I want to get the insurance.
              2LT Coupe Red Mist Z-51 Mag Ride Lift
              February 2021 Allocation - Built 4/22/21 - Delivered 4/29/21.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveM View Post

I had not thought about the the driving slower point - makes me think I want to get the insurance.
                I am going in July and thought the same thing. I do not want to be thinking about it in the back of my head and then drive more cautious because of it. I'd rather enjoy the class worry free.
                (Kicked 2020 Longbeach Red Order)
                2021 Corvette 2LT Red Mist w/Transparent Roof
                Performance Exhaust and Front Lift Adjustable Height
                GT2 Bucket Seats w/Natural Napa Leather
                Yellow Brake Calipers, Edge Red Engine Cover
                Vossen HF-3 Graphite Polished Wheels

Aftermarket plans: High Wing Spoiler, Engine bay LED lights
                , Illuminated Sill Plates

Comment

I’m going end of May and I’ll get the insurance. I figure with the cost of the school fee, travel, rental car, etc. $200 is not much more and I don’t have to worry about my time on the track.
                  C8 delivered 9/5/20. Z51 2LT with GT2 Seats, Front lift, FE4, Edge Red Engine Cover, Edge Red calipers, Illuminated Door Sills, Engine Appearance Package, Carbon Flash Painted wheels, in Long Beach Red and Jet Black interior.

My 1968 convertible now has a little sister!

Previously owned a C6 with Squires Twin Turbos

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNJ’68 View Post
                    I’m going end of May and I’ll get the insurance. I figure with the cost of the school fee, travel, rental car, etc. $200 is not much more and I don’t have to worry about my time on the track.
                    Nuff said. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

I and a lot of people I know have attended the school and no one has ever needed it.

Comment

I'm skipping the insurance when I stand this summer. With the nannies on, it's really hard to get in thouble with the C8.

From watching pdrs of the lead follow laps no one's going to exceed the limits out there.

Comment

I am not planning on getting it. I think having an off during the school is pretty rare. I also don’t fancy myself as a Corvette Racing driver, I will be there simply to enhance my knowledge and understanding of the cars performance ability, not to try and set a new track record. I am as competitive as the next guy, but I will reign that in for the school and try to leave with confidence in the cars handling.

Comment

I didn't buy it either. They teach you well how to drive the car, and you really don't come that close to being on the edge of the performance envelope. My last track session was fast but I still had a lot of control. The others in my driving group were left so far behind we had to stop and wait for them to catch up. No one in my class group went off the track, but if you'll feel better, $200 will decrease your liability in the car to 2K.

Comment

When I was at Spring Mtg I learned and then went to the edge. Charlie aka cutnout

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X