MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

Convertible Modeling GIF, Sketches, Spy Pics and More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Mobius. Having engine visibility in the HT would we wonderful.
    Attached Files
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
      Just rid of that ridulous rear spoiler or at the very least make it optional..

does anyone look at that rear spoiler at gM and say to other gm executives...that spoiler looks good?

aerodynamics are not that important...

male it an option on the z51 package
      Hey John - can we get a "Dislike" button??!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	cadillac-4-2l-twin-turbo-v8-dohc-lta-engine-001.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	713.7 KB
ID:	25526Click image for larger version

Name:	cadillac-4-2l-twin-turbo-v8-dohc-lta-engine-2018-new-york-auto-show-live-009.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	25527
        Originally posted by John View Post
        Thanks Mobius. Having engine visibility in the HT would we wonderful.
        I hate to be the spoiler to this party, but a couple of points:

Virtually nobody other than Ferrari make the engine visible, and for a good reason - these are not the engines of old where one could gaze on cam covers and webbers.

They are a mess of plumbing and wiring. That is why so many manufacturers cover their engines with plastic.

We don't want a repeat of the much ridiculed C6 Z06 window, do we?

Observe the Blackhawk. With and without part of the cover. Is this something we want to pay extra to see?
        Last edited by Bikerjulio; 02-04-2019, 03:33 PM.

Comment

The BlackHawk is a good example of an engine that is a tech masterpiece, but not visually aesthetic.

Still, the LT1 (in it's proposed LT2 variant for the C8) should clean up nicely, especially if GM takes advantage of the extra height available with the ME placement to get creative with the intake runners.
          Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4950.jpg Views:	3 Size:	84.0 KB ID:	25530
          Click image for larger version  Name:	bw1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.3 KB ID:	25531
          Current Vettes:
          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

^^^

I've said similar before. It would cost a lot of money to route all the plumbing out of sight, and leave a visually satisfying engine not covered in plastic. I suppose GM could replace the plastic cover with a nice aluminum or magnesium one for appearance's sake, but that adds cost, too, and at the price point we're hoping for I don't the GM could justify it. The best I would expect is a nicely painted plastic cover, like some of the aftermarket parts for the C7. If done right, that could be attractive enough to show off under glass.

After all, look at all the Corvettes with the hood open at any Corvette gathering.
            SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
            27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

One can hope! I would be among many C8 buyers who if GM offered a really nice metal engine cover as an option, bingo, that option box would be checked.
              Last edited by John; 02-04-2019, 04:33 PM.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Doubleing down on the idea of the entry version giving us a choice without any spoiler.

Comment

1. LS7 (7.0 Liter V8 – Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Camaro Z/28)

1280px 2006 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 LS7 engine 750x475 Top 5 Engines We Love

Last edited by SheepDog; 02-04-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Image result for corvette engines
                    2009 Chevrolet Corvette - First Look ...
                    motortrend.ca

I could stand something like these in my window and feel pretty good with it.
                    Last edited by SheepDog; 02-04-2019, 11:22 PM.

Comment

I want something please that looks more like this, and would be willing to pay for something in metal as an option.

Click image for larger version  Name:	83892C3B-2623-4E12-9EA8-545925F4440D.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	11.7 KB ID:	25585

Comment

It would be cool if they would offer an "engine appearance package" that would dress up the motor as well as include a see thru covering. This way costs could stay reasonable but those that want the full window dressing could upgrade.

Comment

Thanks for posting that leaked image of the C8 LT7, SheepDog.

Now folks, hopefully we can all agree that this engine would look awesome under glass.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	lt7.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	25594

FWIW, I had always assumed the C8 coupe would have a visible engine, so maybe we'll get lucky with the Roadster, as well.

Last edited by Mobius; 02-05-2019, 08:21 AM.
                          Current Vettes:
                          '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                          '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                          '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                          "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Latest Chazcron HT modeling video:

Thank you Chazcron.

Comment

I have a pretty good imagination, John. However, I cannot see how GM gets the lid off and stored in that gif. Additionally, I still wonder how GM is going to employ the patent for the engine exhaust air that is indicated around the hatch of the coupe in images.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post

That would be very nice - I'd like to be able to see the LT2 "under glass" for the Roadster.

Chazcron has suggested the C8 HT retraction could be similar to the SSR hartop mechanism, which seems possible, and allows for a glass window over the engine.
                                I would also like to see the engine in the convertible. It is interesting to note that Ferrari, Lamborghini and Audi hide the engines in their convertibles. Not sure if it is a cooling issue or getting the glass/plastic too hot when the cover is in proximity to the intake/heads.

Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
                                Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
                                Future Car - ME Corvette!

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X