MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

C8 Caught In The Wild Testing! Best 7 ME Videos! Inside BGA : Jagamajajaran’s Video

2 of 4 < >

2019 Grand Sport Drivers Series Officially Revealed Tomorrow. LIst of C8 Poential Patents. Considerations In Modeling The C8

3 of 4 < >

Site Maintenance Starts @ 5:00 PM Today

Yesterday’s massive software update resulted in 3 things needing help. Some already corrected. Today we get up to a one hour maintenance/update time out.
4 of 4 < >

UPGRADED FORUM SOFTWARE

To keep our forum growing with the latest software, it was just upgraded. LIke all changes, our goal is for 100% success, but sometimes only 99% is achieved. If you notice that 1%, please start a thread entitled “Software Upgrade Difference. “ Thank you for within it describing what was different, worked better or not as well. Thank you.
See more
See less

Convertible Modeling GIF, Sketches, Spy Pics and More

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convertible Modeling GIF, Sketches, Spy Pics and More

fvs and Chazcron have provided us a lot of food for thought about the HT convertible, starting with this fvs GIF from many months ago.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Click image for larger version  Name:	08906E94-02DE-4256-8FFF-2CC9C856F30B.gif Views:	1 Size:	271.8 KB ID:	25425

Most lately we have his most recent convertible sketch from four days ago in this thread, though for continuity it is repeated here:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...ertible-render

Click image for larger version  Name:	11029B51-FB57-4504-9E8E-159EAA806F01.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	728.9 KB ID:	25421

Just today we have Chazcron’s starting of a detailed HT convertible modeling:

Originally posted by Chazcron
    I did some convertible research and sketching today. It looks like the ventilation louvers will be the hardest to resolve. Most photos are from eye level. The transition from the two outer bumps to the crease at the inside will also be challenging. I'm hoping a solution will become more apparent as I model. I'm using the SSR hard top as my inspiration as to how the two pieces will slide down behind the cockpit. I also have to assume that the rear camera on the top simply becomes inoperable when the top is stowed. I know there is still a backup camera above the license plate. Since the roof is stored vertically behind the cabin, I will assume that there can be a glass window over the engine here too.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	42373EAF-D8E3-414B-A6BE-5220A5051567.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	719.2 KB ID:	25422

Last edited by John; 02-03-2019, 06:49 PM.
    So many questions about the ME right now; so few answers yet.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

How do Chaz and FVS incorporate that vented, cooling system, as in the hatch of the coupe, that GM patented in the retractable hardtop??

Comment

Earlier HT convertible pictures which are helpful; thanks to Corvette_Nut for reminding us of these earlier picture. Very helpful for us to see the buttress shape.

Click image for larger version  Name:	A937AC79-BE1F-4358-9B0A-4691BF8787B3.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	51.5 KB ID:	25454Click image for larger version  Name:	9C44CC37-AC39-4E4E-96A6-C44F7773E16F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	25455Click image for larger version  Name:	F5F5E612-97FA-4D51-8BAB-FA5F5DDB388B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	81.8 KB ID:	25456
      Last edited by John; 02-04-2019, 12:38 AM.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. A ME C8 Corvette is coming next.

Comment

Two more convertible pictures (these taken last September at the Nurburgring).

Click image for larger version

Name:	AD340ADB-6DE6-49E6-B7A6-07800BEADD5B.jpeg
Views:	422
Size:	138.0 KB
ID:	25458Click image for larger version

Name:	7EBFF6B2-BF7C-4F77-8270-59744C684255.jpeg
Views:	322
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	25459

Comment

In conditions of bright sunlight, an LCD screen is going to be harder to see with eyes that are adapted to the sunlight. And may not be useable.

I believe the camera will fold away with the roof, and the virtual mirror revert to being a conventional one. Sightlines should be improved with the roof down.

Comment

Since the roof is stored vertically behind the cabin, I will assume that there can be a glass window over the engine here too.
            That would be very nice - I'd like to be able to see the LT2 "under glass" for the Roadster.

Chazcron has suggested the C8 HT retraction could be similar to the SSR hartop mechanism, which seems possible, and allows for a glass window over the engine.
            Last edited by Mobius; 02-04-2019, 09:38 AM.
            Current Vettes:
            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
            '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
            "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Chaz and FVS ... nice work fellas ... I remember the FVS gif well and anticipate Chaz's new render as he progresses. These views keep me interested. thx guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ltomn View Post
                How do Chaz and FVS incorporate that vented, cooling system, as in the hatch of the coupe, that GM patented in the retractable hardtop??
                In the photos in post #3, it looks like there are probably vents in about the same location as Chazchron drew them, shown in post #1.
                SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post
                  In conditions of bright sunlight, an LCD screen is going to be harder to see with eyes that are adapted to the sunlight. And may not be useable.

I believe the camera will fold away with the roof, and the virtual mirror revert to being a conventional one. Sightlines should be improved with the roof down.
                  Certainly improved, but with those big flying buttresses rear 3/4 vision is still going to be restricted. But heck, Ferrari and others make it work, so GM can, too. One of the (many) great things about driving my C7 'vert top down is the unlimited rear vision, though. I'll be sorry to give that up.
                  SunKissed, my 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible (One of about 40)

Purchased 5/2/2015,
                  27,000+ miles

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club. Check us out http://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

Certainly improved, but with those big flying buttresses rear 3/4 vision is still going to be restricted. But heck, Ferrari and others make it work, so GM can, too. One of the (many) great things about driving my C7 'vert top down is the unlimited rear vision, though. I'll be sorry to give that up.
                    Yes, I too drive a convertible now. Looking at the side elevation I think it's possible that the mirror can be mounted high enough to just "see" over the tops of the buttresses. But for sure the "shoulder check", which I always do before a lane change, is going to be severely compromised when moving to the right. We are going to need a really prominent blind spot warning. My current Golf has it but not prominent enough for my liking.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobius View Post
                      That would be very nice - I'd like to be able to see the LT2 "under glass" for the Roadster.
                      That would be really nice. If my memory serves me right (?), there is one Spyder that has that capability.

Comment

I love it! We can all look like Thomas Magnum at a quarter the cost....😎
                        The least we can do is wave to each other

Comment

Name:	6730DA8F-E2F9-401B-873B-51D556AB67F3.jpeg
Views:	390
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	25494

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            That would be really nice. If my memory serves me right (?), there is one Spyder that has that capability.
                            Ferrari F360 and F430:
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	image_4939.jpg Views:	7 Size:	129.1 KB ID:	25496

Name:	image_4940.gif
Views:	287
Size:	285.3 KB
ID:	25497
                            Current Vettes:
                            '68 Lemans Blue 327/350 Convertible
                            '91 Turquoise Convertible w/hardtop
                            '14 Lime Rock Green 2LT Convertible, Black Top, Kalahari, 7-Speed, Performance Exhaust - Ordered on 4-1-2014, 2000 Status on 4-10-2014, TPW 5-12-2014, Built on 5-16-2014, Picked-up at dealership on 5-30-2014
                            "Delta t = 23"

Comment

Just rid of that ridulous rear spoiler or at the very least make it optional..

does anyone look at that rear spoiler at gM and say to other gm executives...that spoiler looks good?

aerodynamics are not that important...

male it an option on the z51 package

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X