Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

PRIVATE MESSAGE HINT/HELP

Some are having trouble seeing a PM another member has sent them, saying it is just the title and then a big white blank page. Just click on the title and the message will open up for you. Thanks.
See more
See less

C8 VERT buttress detail...what is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C8 VERT buttress detail...what is it?

Note and comment on what the design feature at the rear of the buttress could be...

I was looking at the video again and noticed this recessed feature. I had seen the lower ridge earlier and included in my renderings but the light caught this feature in a few frames and seems to have more of a cut out or recess...

Could just be an indented area or ledge for the HT to sit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	c8 vert buttress.jpg Views:	0 Size:	658.4 KB ID:	25373
    Last edited by fvs; 02-02-2019, 09:17 PM.

Great find fvs! Very interesting what you have noticed, and that is an understatement. I wonder if this ties back to something you asked six months ago, and that was whether that area behind the B pillar is really an intake vent? Air intake for the motor, cooling for the engine, or ???
    GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Thank you FVS. I do not know whether the Huracan has a vent in this same location, but it does look like it. Picture thanks to Autoblog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	983691CC-DCD1-4D5B-82D6-4A2908E6C382.jpeg
Views:	178
Size:	523.8 KB
ID:	25378
      Last edited by MidEngine; 02-02-2019, 09:56 PM.

Comment

It seems to me to be too small for an air intake for the engine, but what do I know? I think the dark line, which looks kind of like a vent, might just be the black cloth that they used on the 'vert to give it a fastback roofline, like the coupe, as shown here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sept_3_2018_18_5d713c59cd2c14ca0274a2114c94b7b72deb3eb2.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	488.5 KB
ID:	25380
        Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust

Gone but not forgotten: SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Looks like there’s a lot of false panels on those cars. It wouldn’t be an air intake on the spyder because you can’t put an air intake on a piece that flips up like that, and I really don’t see a need for intakes of any kind on top of the rear fenders.

Comment

It looks like fakery to me as well. It allows the camo gang to get creative. In the first picture below I think we are seeing a fake B pillar piece that came unstuck and is flapping around. Look at this second picture as another example.. Obvious piece added to the side of the B pillar.Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2019-01-22 at 7.41.28 AM - Edited.png Views:	19 Size:	463.5 KB ID:	25389

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2018-12-20 at 7.51.11 AM.png Views:	12 Size:	646.7 KB ID:	25388
            Last edited by Bikerjulio; 02-03-2019, 10:20 AM. Reason: improve clarity
            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
            Spectra Grey Tridents.
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

Comment

Thanks Quinten and Bikerjulio. It is a fine line adding fake padding that originally look reasonable, and having it stay there at speed.
              Last edited by John; 02-03-2019, 10:28 AM.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X