Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Monday’s Software Changes & Upgrades

Monday’s software updates, including changes to our Photo Gallery, User Name Cards, and other changes & fixes can be accessed here: https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...re-update-info. Thanks brad66 for creating the linked thread.
2 of 2 < >

Official Z06 Press Release, Reveal Pictures and Visualizer Access

See more
See less

DIY: Installed Oil Catch Can in HTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MilesC8 View Post
    Installed a UPR Oil Catch Can in my HTC. Should help keep the valves clean. The kit was easy to install and is really well made.
    MilesC8, now that you've had this for a while, and presumably emptied it a few times, what are your thoughts? In particular, how easy or difficult is it to empty. Space there looks pretty tight.

Thanks.
    Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

MilesC8, now that you've had this for a while, and presumably emptied it a few times, what are your thoughts? In particular, how easy or difficult is it to empty. Space there looks pretty tight.

Thanks.
      I have emptied it several times. Each time it's had several ounces of oil that are thankfully not gunking up the valves. It's pretty easy to service the can. Not hard to get to at all. I am very glad to have it on there. For what it's worth, I also recently watched ********* going over his twin-turbo in his C8, and he said to always put a catch can on any GM car. I honestly don't get why people argue over whether it should or should not be installed. I'm glad its there for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MilesC8 View Post

I have emptied it several times. Each time it's had several ounces of oil that are thankfully not gunking up the valves. It's pretty easy to service the can. Not hard to get to at all. I am very glad to have it on there. For what it's worth, I also recently watched ********* going over his twin-turbo in his C8, and he said to always put a catch can on any GM car. I honestly don't get why people argue over whether it should or should not be installed. I'm glad its there for sure.
        MilesC8,

My dealer said that in California the Catch Can, if installed won't pass smog and must be removed before any smog attempt. Not to doubt a very knowledgeable service manager but has anyone had firsthand experience with one and getting a smog cert?
        Red Mist Coupe, LT3, Z51, Mag Ride, Front Lift, Dual Tops, CF Interior, Black Int w/Red Stitching, Red Bolsters, Edge Red Calipers, Engine Appearance, Edge Red Engine Cover and Carbon Flash Wheels. TPW was 12/13

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

MilesC8,

My dealer said that in California the Catch Can, if installed won't pass smog and must be removed before any smog attempt. Not to doubt a very knowledgeable service manager but has anyone had firsthand experience with one and getting a smog cert?
          Technically, he is probably correct. Installing a catch can modifies the emissions system and likely has not been certified by CARB.
          In reality, a tech may not notice or care during a visual inspection. But if he does notice it he may fail your car.
          But it will be 8 years before it will need to be tested.
          RKCRLR
          Senior Contributor
          Last edited by RKCRLR; 01-15-2022, 07:11 PM.
          2020 C8 Stingray Convertible - Torch Red - Natural Dipped 3LT - Z51 w/MSRC - Front Lift

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

MilesC8,

It looks like the UPR catch can uses the same snap fittings as the original PCV plumbing. Definitely on the engine end of the hoses. If it uses snap fittings on both ends of the hoses, in about 2 minutes you could pop off the hoses to and from the catch can, and pop the OEM hoses back on. Unmodified when the tech looks at the engine.

The Paragon appears to use hose clamps at the can end of the hoses, but it also looks like you can remove the entire can by removing 3 screws, then snap the OEM hoses in place. Probably a 15 minute job on a coupe.
            Delivered 5/29!: Scarlet Fever 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Naturalw/ suede inserts, Mag Ride, Performance Exhaust, MRR 755 Gunmetal wheels

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club: https://www.olddominioncorvetteclub.org/

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by meyerweb View Post

It looks like the UPR catch can uses the same snap fittings as the original PCV plumbing. Definitely on the engine end of the hoses. If it uses snap fittings on both ends of the hoses, in about 2 minutes you could pop off the hoses to and from the catch can, and pop the OEM hoses back on. Unmodified when the tech looks at the engine.

The Paragon appears to use hose clamps at the can end of the hoses, but it also looks like you can remove the entire can by removing 3 screws, then snap the OEM hoses in place. Probably a 15 minute job on a coupe.
              Correct. Its easy to switch back to stock if/when you want.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
              Working...
              X