MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 4 < >

We are extremely pleased to welcome Kerbeck Corvette as a “Featured Forum Vendor.”

Kerbeck Corvettes has been the # 1 Corvette sales dealership since 1994. We are fortunate and excited that they have joined our MECF family.
2 of 4 < >

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Not New, But 48 Wonderful High Resolution C8 Pictures

Stay Tuned As Chazcron Works On His Latest Project, The ME IP/Dashboard! Also, High Resolution C8 Pictures!

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...f-the-interior

48 High Resolution C8 Pictures:

https://www.midenginecorvetteforum.c...8-spy-pictures
3 of 4 < >

Scheduled Software Maintenance: Tuesday, 8:00 PM

We have scheduled software maintenance and upgrades Tuesday (19th) @ 8:00 PM. While vBulletin always say not more than an hour, they have averaged 10 minutes in length. Thank you — as we continually are committed to having the best forum software available.
4 of 4 < >

Welcome Corvette Dream Giveway As Our Forum Founding Vendor!

We welcome an outstanding organization as a MECF vendor, one who has an amazing and such a.well deserved reputation for giving away staggering amounts of funds to very worthy organizations who help others.

https://www.dreamgiveaway.com/dg/corvette?promo=ME2019C
See more
See less

What are the chances of a C8 FE and C8 ME revealing together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the chances of a C8 FE and C8 ME revealing together?

Lately, we are getting verified info on a revised C7 front engined Corvette with a new ordering code for the 2020 model year. I've always determined from various sources that we had a Y1XX and Y2XX internal code which stands for Y1XX=C7 front engine Corvette and Y2XX=C8 front engine Corvette. We've also learned that the internal code ZERV= C8 mid engined ZORA. I've always thought that we would have both FE and ME C8's going forward to satisfy all prior Corvette owners and creating a new clientele for the upscale ZORA. Since the new Bowling Green Plant has been tripled in size from the plant of a few years ago, it is clear that they have expanded the plant to build both lines easily. I can easily see a revised C7 FE Corvette into a C8 FE Corvette with all new body panels, Interior, LT2 engine, updated and enhanced components that could carry on the lower bandwidth price of 65k to 150k for the front engine lineup. Additionally, I can see a C8 ME Zora Line that could have a 85k to 200k+ bandwidth that would expand the Corvette market with new potentially International clientele without affecting the traditional Corvette buyer.

I've always thought that only having a ME would absolutely crater the existing C7 upper eschelon of ZO6 and ZR1 values. Particularly if the C8 ME started at 65k-70k. It makes no sense to reduce prior Corvette valuations by bringing the ME price down to where the C7 currently sits. Ferrari would never do such backhanded pricing to cut the throat of their higher end cars. Corvette marketing easily understands this and will protect the recent ZR1 owners from having their brand new ZR1 devalued. Hence, I think there's a likelyhood of GM revealing both C8 FE and C8 ME ZORA at the same time to eliminate the confusion going on now in the forums. Doing a double reveal will position both configurations where we forum members can now make informed and logical pricing decisions without the massive confusion thats going on right now.

Also, the current nomenclature will remain FE= Stingray, Grand Sport, ZO6, ZR1 and the ME= ZORA with a few additional model iterations ( ie. ZORA, ZORA GT, ZORA S, ZORA RS, etc.). GM surely would not pirate the traditional names for a entirely new configuration of Corvette. ZORA is a model, not an entirely new Corvette lineup. I also think both C8 FE and C8 ME will be left hand and right hand drives to further service the International Market. Having both configurations will eliminate the chaos.
    Last edited by Skank; 01-29-2019, 09:42 PM.

This is the same mantra many of us have been preaching for months! It makes little sense for GM to throw away good business in search of unknown business. Sure the Mid Engine will sell well and, more then likely, worldwide, but why not continue to make money selling front engine models?!

The concept of maintaining the values of high end ZO6's and ZR1's shouldn't be a conscious effort for GM, it should be business as usual. A company doesn't abandon it's clientele! GM will absolutely show it's stuff with the new ME and a new FE.
    Last edited by ltomn; 01-30-2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I don't think GM marketing is truly spending a lot of time worrying about values of previous sold units. Hopefully GM marketing is preparing for the ME reveal. Could GM make both units ME/FE sure but I had some reliable resources that said finance killed that idea a few years ago. GM did not have the financial budget to produce both variants at the same time. Future maybe but for now all engineering was to be focused on the new ME. Based off the electrical system issues and other problems that come up when redesigning a new platform I think the engineers have their hands full Instead of juggling two new cars at the same time.

Ferrari only builds 7 thousand vehicle a year and those dealers rely on pre-owned values to stay high. I know the Ferrari dealer game. You walk in and want the latest Ferrari, the sales manager says we will put your name on the wait list if you buy a California convertible or another preowned Ferrari on my lot. Ferrari even changed their extended warranty to help dealers keep the cars under their umbrella longer which helps accommodate this practice. Maranello, 25 July 2017 – Ferrari introduces the New Power15 extended warranty programme which provides cover for Prancing Horse cars for up to 15 years from the date they are first registered.

Anyway back to your? or statement about FE/ME. Could GM produce both cars sure!!!! Personally, at this point I just hope to see a new ME reveal before 2020.
      Last edited by Fasttoys; 01-29-2019, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Fasttoys, I believe that we have just under a 100% chance that we will see the ME revealed before Labor Day, but not get initial customer deliveries until early next year.
        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

I don't think Skank is trying to debate Ferrari's M.O. of business. He could have used Porsche as an example too. You don't think GM has at least a modicum of concern for a person that just spent upwards of $150,000 on a car only to see a more advanced vehicle ruin his investment for $80k or $90k? I'll wager the question of marketing the ME and a new FE was entertained years ago.

Comment

Skank, while your premise is possible, your leading statement which serves as the basis for your premise, is not accurate. While we do have verified info on a new Stingray ordering code for MY 2020, there was no verification that this was a revised C7 FE Corvette. I personally think the Stingray name will continue on the base C8 FE car. But like I always say, time will tell.

Comment

0% chance, there will be no FE C8.

Comment

Possible ? YES Probable ? I would say absolutely NOT if it were my decision, but it's not my decision, SOooooo let's see what happens.
                Rocket City Florida

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                  Fasttoys, I believe that we have just under a 100% chance that we will see the ME revealed before Labor Day, but not get initial customer deliveries until early next year.
                  That’s not very exciting! I’m going to be real disappointed if it’s not before September.

Comment

Seems like there would be a reduced level of complexity of a base variant C8 that would be ready to go at an earlier time, what ever earlier is. That is what the NSX should have done since hind sight is 20/20, and it could not have come out worse. Started with a cheaper or cheap variant with a ICE, heater and air and reliability and work up from there. Then fine tune the desserts while the diners munch and ask for more sweets.

Tha'ts really what the Ford GT is. Bot Not cheap
                    Last edited by SheepDog; 01-30-2019, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Skank View Post
                      I've always thought that only having a ME would absolutely crater the existing C7 upper eschelon of ZO6 and ZR1 values. Particularly if the C8 ME started at 65k-70k. It makes no sense to reduce prior Corvette valuations by bringing the ME price down to where the C7 currently sits....
                      Short term C7 Z06 and ZR1 values will fall along with the values of other C7s. However longer term, I think C7 Z06 and ZR1 values will be benefit due to their scarcity.

There will be no FE production once ME production begins. However in the future GM may produce FEs and other variants of the Corvette.

Comment

What if the entry ME on a short curvy course like Lime Rock, is faster than the C7Z06? I am not ruling that possibility out
                        So many questions about the ME right now, but the answers are nicely, though slowly, coming out.

Excited owners of a 2015 Z06. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 20 year members of NCM. Our 2020 ME C8 Corvette is next.

Comment

There is no evidence of a FE C8.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                            What if the entry ME on a short curvy course like Lime Rock, is faster than the C7Z06? I am not ruling that possibility out
                            If the entry C8 has 525 HP and 3200lbs, then it should be faster or as fast than the C7Z06 everywhere, with corvette track expertise. The 570 HP McLaren (not a potent track performer) is straight line faster than the ZR1. C8 out the box should rival the ZR1 if the weight is down. And that is probably the Ace-in-the-Hole factor that Corvette is shooting for to make the FE quickly forgotten.

Comment

W
                              Originally posted by WoW Factor View Post

Short term C7 Z06 and ZR1 values will fall along with the values of other C7s. However longer term, I think C7 Z06 and ZR1 values will be benefit due to their scarcity.

There will be no FE production once ME production begins. However in the future GM may produce FEs and other variants of the Corvette.
                              i agree the c7 z06 and zR1 values will eventually rise with the caveat that it must be a manual transmission example.

as automakers move to dct s which provode all the feel of a direct drivetrain connection that today manual transmissions offer and have millisecond shift times that no human can duplicate....there will be a subgroup that will always prefer manually stepping on the clutch and rowing the shifter..

ive been driving manual sports cars for over forty years and I love it still im prepared to move on to a dct..

the corvette owner subgroup that insists on stepping on tje clutch will lift the values of the c7 manual transmission models slightly and the z06 , zr1 and then even the grand sport will get a consistent bump in residuals.

thats what we have seen with ferrari, lamborghini and porsche as they move closer and closer to all dct s.

porsche not having completely made the switch over to sole dcts in their iconic 911 so the differnetial in residuals for manuals has not taken as big a bump if at all..but it will.

ferrari, lamborghini check out the residuals on the manual models versus comparative automatic computer single clutch units. Or even before single automatic clutch units were available.(in case you might believe SMG type maintaince costs are the root cause of preowned manual versions holding better value which is possible as well)

ferrari 308, 328, 355 manuals have risen in value in recent years in my opinion because they were offered in manual transmission and allure of manually stepping on the clutch pedal and rowing the gears is the reason..or a large partion of the reason..

the same will occur for corvette as the c8 becomes only available with a dct..(which I personally prefer and want).

i think the A8 versions of the c7 will depreciate harder.

i am shocked gm literally had the nuts to walk away from its 23 percent of c7 buyers who opted for a manual transmission.

i would never have guessed such a business decision would be made.

i personally applaud it yet I am surprised and do believe it will raise residuals on c7 s with a manual transmission.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X