Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

CORVETTE TODAY #80 - Meet Famed Corvette Race Car Driver, Andy Pilgrim

If you're a fan of Corvette Racing, you'll absolutely love this podcast! https://podcasts.adorilabs.com/corve...FH4VXOYBcu2ZSx. Your CORVETTE TODAY host, Steve Garrett, sits down with famed Corvette Racing driver, Andy Pilgrim, to discuss his illustrious career. Andy takes you back to his days in Great Britain, where he started racing motorcycles. He tells you how he got to the United States and how he got invited to be a part of the Corvette Racing team. Pilgrim talks about his 20+ years racing, his time at Le Mans and much more.

Also find out what andy is doing today along with his association with the National Corvette Museum and the Motorsports Park.
It's an fascinating listen about one of the drivers who helped kick on Corvette Racing on the CORVETTE TODAY podcast!

Listen Here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
Website & Merchandise: www.CorvetteTodayPodcast.com
Get email notifications: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
Join the CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
Watch CORVETTE TODAY on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXC...SjjEXUt_UlOPPQ
2 of 3 < >

The Official GM Z06 Press Release Will Be Here Tuesday @ 12:01 Pm (ET)

See more
See less

Autoline, Jack Keebler and the new Corvette.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Autoline, Jack Keebler and the new Corvette.

    Credit "fasttoys" for this. Go to 1:04.

    My takeaway is this appears to be semi-official confirmation that there is (was) an electrical/electronic problem with the cars. Plus he makes no attempt to deny the existence of the car, or his knowledge of it.

    The reference to Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) troubles me a little. Hopefully it's not a bunch of "nanny" systems that I don't want.

    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
    Spectra Grey Tridents.
    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

  • #2
    Agreed. They can have all the ADAS they want in the new ME. Just don't make me buy it, keep it on the options list for those people that truly want it!!
    Current Car - 550 HP 370Z Twin Turbo
    Current Motorcycle - 2018 Tuono 1100 Factory
    Future Car - ME Corvette!

    Comment


    • #3
      “New Architecture”= 48 volt system.

      Comment


      • #4
        Well, "48" IS THE FUTURE.

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm not so sure he's confirming anything about the electrical issue and the delay, he could just be parroting what was said by other sources. He didn't say that he knows first hand.

          just my .02 ... i'm a skeptical NY'er

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ABorC View Post
            I'm not so sure he's confirming anything about the electrical issue and the delay, he could just be parroting what was said by other sources. He didn't say that he knows first hand.

            just my .02 ... i'm a skeptical NY'er
            I don't agree. He does not hedge his comments in any way. Says that it's "his understanding" that that the problem is electronic. The previous ex GM exec we saw made pains at every comment to say he "knew" nothing. But not this guy.
            2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
            Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
            2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
            Spectra Grey Tridents.
            Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks Bikerjulio for posting the video!

              That is it electrical we learned starting way back in June when we saw pictures posted by CorvetteBlogger of an ME trying to be jump started at a Florida gas station, and then later that day verified by a picture Jag later that day showing it on a flat bed. That there an electrical issue has also been confirmed to me by an insider (and of a magnitude that a simple batter and/or alternator upsizing is/was not sufficient.

              But whether the solution is medium sized, or conversely requires “whole electrical system replacement,” and secondly, whether the fix has already been accomplished or still underway (and if the latter, for about how much longer), are the two questions I am looking for further confirmation.

              Maybe it is not done, yet GM does not know whether the final electrical fix will be done in two weeks or two months. All we know is that they are scrambling as fast as they can.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                I don't agree. He does not hedge his comments in any way. Says that it's "his understanding" that that the problem is electronic. The previous ex GM exec we saw made pains at every comment to say he "knew" nothing. But not this guy.
                But he's a journalist, not a GM exec, no matter how close to Lutz he is. I would be more convinced if he stated his sources or said that he had personal sources. I can go on youtube and say the same exact thing without hesitation, i.e. 'that it's my understanding". But based on what and from whom?

                Just a reminder, I'm a skeptic, and I used to work in automotive publishing for many years so I'm jaded too lol Sorry, I'll just go back and sit over there in the tech support corner
                Last edited by ABorC; 01-26-2019, 08:32 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I do not like his viewpoint about GM fighting the last war. I do however realize all electric technology will be faster if that is the only goal, however how many times throughout history has the all electric cars failed. I don't understand why they feel Tesla is way ahead of the car wars. Tesla may well get their rear end handed to them when people realize they are not replacing the battery packs because of degradation, only on catastrophic failure as per their warranty. If I purchase a car that expensive and it should go 300 miles on a charge, I would be something way worse than mad if it were only capable of going 200 miles and the company told me that is acceptable. Plus I don't want to rely on a charging station which may not even be available when I get there. There is a charging station 3 blocks from my home. When we have a car show there all 8 stations are full and people getting off the highway thinking they were going to charge their car simply are screwed and have to wait. Some with small children in the car on their way to Orlando for their fun filled vacation. Guess What? I see their vacation plans shattered now that they are stuck waiting in a parking lot for a charging station to become available. The whole All Electric Car is BS. I am simply not buying it !
                  I can fill up my gasoline car in 5 minutes, use the restroom and buy a snack and be back on the highway.
                  Last edited by Frenzy36; 01-27-2019, 04:48 AM.
                  Rocket City Florida- 2001 ZO6 - 2013 427 Vert - 2020 Stingray

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ABorC View Post

                    But he's a journalist, not a GM exec, no matter how close to Lutz he is. I would be more convinced if he stated his sources or said that he had personal sources. I can go on youtube and say the same exact thing without hesitation, i.e. 'that it's my understanding". But based on what and from whom?

                    Just a reminder, I'm a skeptic, and I used to work in automotive publishing for many years so I'm jaded too lol Sorry, I'll just go back and sit over there in the tech support corner
                    Yes he's a journalist now, (probably very well connected), and has been in the past as well, but wasn't always. From his LinkedIn profile:
                    Director, Customer Focus Assurance Team, General Motors

                    2003 – 2016 Warren, MI


                    Internal vehicle review, starting at concept initiation and continuing until start of regular production.Focus on quality and customer satisfaction. Also worked as director in advanced and portfolio product planning on Volt, Bolt, next-gen full-size pickup and SUV, Canyon-Colorado, Impala, Malibu,LaCrosse, next-gen Corvette, as well at ATS and CT6.
                    It's all here https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-keebler-030266131/
                    2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                    Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                    2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                    Spectra Grey Tridents.
                    Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bikerjulio View Post

                      Yes he's a journalist now, (probably very well connected), and has been in the past as well, but wasn't always. From his LinkedIn profile:


                      It's all here https://www.linkedin.com/in/jack-keebler-030266131/

                      Yes, Lutz hired him as an "advisor" at that time with 3 other journalists to critique and provide input on vehicle development, but he's not employed by GM currently.

                      https://www.autoblog.com/2011/01/25/...et-weapons-at/


                      p.s. Please check your PMs.
                      Last edited by ABorC; 01-27-2019, 06:30 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        One never knows with people like this, whether they may have some "insider knowledge" which they are sanctioned to discuss publicly, or whether they just get their info from the forums.
                        2020 C8 Corvette.D.O.B 2/03/2020
                        Shadow Grey Metallic on Black
                        2LT, Z51 + MRC. GT1 seats.
                        Spectra Grey Tridents.
                        Carbon flash mirrors and spoiler.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I still cant believe GM if it was working on a new 48 volt system would allow a rumor out they are having a problem with any new system..

                          call me a skeptic as well. I saw the show as it aired and i did not find this gentlemans comments as crediable.

                          i could be wrong. I have no idea based on any facts.

                          i just dont believe the 48 volt electrical system design fault is at issue.

                          could be supplier based. Could be a totally different reason for a production /release delay from the rumors.

                          could be the rumors or the detroit auto auto show were originally false

                          how a wpwp model year can be called delayed when it was never announced sounds like a reasonable statement.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Frenzy36 View Post
                            I do not like his viewpoint about GM fighting the last war. I do however realize all electric technology will be faster if that is the only goal, however how many times throughout history has the all electric cars failed. I don't understand why they feel Tesla is way ahead of the car wars. Tesla may well get their rear end handed to them when people realize they are not replacing the battery packs because of degradation, only on catastrophic failure as per their warranty. If I purchase a car that expensive and it should go 300 miles on a charge, I would be something way worse than mad if it were only capable of going 200 miles and the company told me that is acceptable. Plus I don't want to rely on a charging station which may not even be available when I get there. There is a charging station 3 blocks from my home. When we have a car show there all 8 stations are full and people getting off the highway thinking they were going to charge their car simply are screwed and have to wait. Some with small children in the car on their way to Orlando for their fun filled vacation. Guess What? I see their vacation plans shattered now that they are stuck waiting in a parking lot for a charging station to become available. The whole All Electric Car is BS. I am simply not buying it !
                            I can fill up my gasoline car in 5 minutes, use the restroom and buy a snack and be back on the highway.
                            Exactly what I've been saying. There is not near enough infrastructure to handle a great percentage of electric vehicles. The only viable idea I've seen to traveling long distance is to have battery swap stations. That would surely require some kind of standardization among manufacturers and when is that going to happen.
                            I think the comment about GM fighting the last war is bull. The are playing in the most viable field right now. Fully electric isn't viable for most people right now.
                            To be blunt I wouldn't have a Tesla up my backside if I had room for two. Not saying anything about the quality of the car or it's performance, it just doesn't fit my lifestyle or needs.
                            Last edited by Plasboy; 01-27-2019, 07:31 AM. Reason: second thought
                            There is a madness to my method!

                            2015 Z06 Torch/adrenaline
                            2001 coupe Torch/oak R8C
                            79 coupe Silver/oyster
                            All one owner
                            Museum lifetime members

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well, whatever the cause of the delayed reveal of the C8, and I DO think it’s been delayed, my mantra of “never buy the first year” is still in effect.
                              If they indeed are having teething problems with a whole new electrical system, that could be a recipe for disaster.

                              Comment

                              MECF_728x90_bottom

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X