Adnimation ATF

Collapse

MECF_728x90_top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Corvette Today Podcast With Kai Spande BGA Manager

On this episode of CORVETTE TODAY, you get to meet the Corvette Plant Manager for the Bowling Green Assembly Plant, Kai Spande!
Your host, Steve Garrett, introduces you to Kai as he traces his career with GM. Kai talks about how the Bowling Green Assembly Plant transitioned from the front engine, C7 Corvette, to the mid-engine C8 Corvette. You'll get insights on the plant expansion and how they made that all happen...giving the new C8 Corvette a true state-of-the-art build facility. Kai also tells you about the Corvettes he has owned and the funny story of how he loved Corvettes, but never thought he'd get to work for it during his tenure at GM. Get to personally know Corvette Plant Manager, Kai Spande, on this episode of CORVETTE TODAY!

Listen here: https://adori.page.link/corvette-today
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXCRn-2X0SjjEXUt_...
Get CORVETTE TODAY emails: https://CorvetteToday.ck.page
CORVETTE TODAY Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2718423201763136
NEW!!! Get CORVETTE TODAY merchandise here: https://www.agpestores.com//lanmarxgraphix/grouppr...
See more
See less

Spring Mountain fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What mode do you do most of your driving(track/sport + traction control)? I assume the shifting is Manual mode, correct? (except for the 0-60 attempts).
    2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Originally posted by Jetdriver View Post
      I just returned Thursday night from Spring Mountain, and I have to say that I have never had so much fun and learned so much about the C8. But one thing I'll mention, and I know I'm gonna catch some flak for it. I can't understand why anyone would long for a standard shift, clutch pedal, and yes archaic transmission after driving this car. Yes I've owned a Porsche, a C1, both with three pedals, learned (and mastered), the heel/toe method of rev matching during shifts, but compared to a dual clutch...........no way I'd go back. I understand the feel, and the drivers involvement with getting the car to do what you want it too, it is a skill for sure. And if I'm honest, stick shifts on the regular street can be fun, there's a certain level of control with that, that is not present with the dual clutch. But the speed of the shifts is phenomenal. The fact that the driver no longer has the rev matching work and shift gate location to deal with, in my opinion, just makes the focus on hitting the apex and getting back on throttle or brake just that much more enjoyable, and easier. Go ahead a clobber me with your opposite opinion if you must. But I'm no longer old school, I'm new school and loving every minute of it. Hope many of you will take advantage of the Corvette owners school, it is everything you've heard said about it.
      I was there in the White classroom. I was in the second row over by the window. My name is Rich. Where you in my class? Regardless, the experience was a blast. Your perceptions on the car and it’s transmission are right on. Agree wholeheartedly! My advice to future students is trust the car. Push it. It won’t let you down.
      Reserved C8 July 30, 2019, Ordered March 9, 2020, Reordered August 5, 2020, Manufactured January 8, 2021
      C8 Specifications: 3LT, Z51, FE4, Lift, Red Mist, Natural Dipped, 5-Spoke Trident Wheels Gray, STI, FA5, EFY, JGN, RCC, VTB
      Preceded by 2017 GrandSport Coupe Long Beach Red
      Preceded by 1999 Corvette Hardtop Black
      Preceded by 1994 Corvette Polo Green Metallic

Comment

Track map of Spring Mountain recently? Anyone have one they could post here please?
        GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Well, which track? They use a separate one for each class. Or did you want a track map of the whole track? I came home with a layout of the East track that my class used.

Comment

Going next week and would love any/all track maps used by the COS please. If we (MECF as a whole) have both maps , that would be terrific.

Jet Driver which track (length?) were you on and even if that is the only map we can as a group come up with, I would appreciate that very much. Thanks.
            GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
              Track map of Spring Mountain recently? Anyone have one they could post here please?
              Just there last week, April 23/24 What a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Attached Files
              72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

August 20, 2019 status 1100 / February 18, 2020 status 2000 / February 19, 2020 status 3000 / September 8, 2020 status 3300 / September 21, 2020 status 3400 / October 15, 2020 status 6000 / October 15, 2020 left deposit for ZO6, Ron Fellows - COS Graduate - April 23/24, 2021

Comment

Originally posted by RSVette View Post
                I was there in the White classroom. I was in the second row over by the window. My name is Rich. Where you in my class? Regardless, the experience was a blast. Your perceptions on the car and it’s transmission are right on. Agree wholeheartedly! My advice to future students is trust the car. Push it. It won’t let you down.
                Yes I was in the white class, Feb 23-24. Sat far right, third row back. Got the 2nd Autocross win awarded in our class.

Comment

Going next week and would love any/all track maps used by the COS please. If we (MECF as a whole) have both maps , that would be terrific.

Jet Driver which track (length?) were you on and even if that is the only map we can as a group come up with, I would appreciate that very much. Thanks.
                  Here are some reference numbers, good luck!
                  Attached Files
                  72 Corvette T-Top, 85 928, 04 CLK 500 Conv, 20 C8 2LT Z51 White/Red HT

August 20, 2019 status 1100 / February 18, 2020 status 2000 / February 19, 2020 status 3000 / September 8, 2020 status 3300 / September 21, 2020 status 3400 / October 15, 2020 status 6000 / October 15, 2020 left deposit for ZO6, Ron Fellows - COS Graduate - April 23/24, 2021

Comment

Okay John here ya go. This is the East track used by the white class. I just took a picture of it, as my scanner is acting stupid today.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1828.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.27 MB ID:	265530
                    That stretch between turns 2 and 3 can be driven almost like a straightaway, and is the second fastest section of the track. During my last laps session, I hit 126 MPH on the home straight and 117 MPH going up the hill between turns 2 and 3.
                    Last edited by Jetdriver; 04-29-2021, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much. Other track map available by anyone please. I am looking forward to BIG FUN. I truly care where I end up in my class. Went last time with the attitude and was told by a (very ind) instructor I did really well. Fun and learning are my goals.

Comment

We attended the April 12 & 13 COS (North Track)... we had a great time, see our earlier post in this thread.

For John, a picture of West, North and East Tracks is attached and also a detailed picture of the North Track if your COS is on that track. Does someone have a detailed copy of the West Track, if so, please post a copy.

Have a great time John! -Rick

Click image for larger version  Name:	3A4DB0A0-4747-4882-AE60-2EF153E3B3D4.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.45 MB ID:	265611 Click image for larger version  Name:	59D61D91-84E9-4158-90E2-3EF9A5C952D8.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.15 MB ID:	265612
                        Last edited by R & K C8; 04-29-2021, 01:17 PM. Reason: fix typo add West Track map request.
                        2020 C8, 1YC07 (Coupe), 2LT Package, G8G (Arctic White), HTA (Black Leather Interior), AQ9 (GT1 Seats), Z51 (Perf Pkg), FE4 (Mag Ride), E60 (Front Lift), NPP (Perf Exhaust), Q8P (Wheels, Bright Silver), EYK (Chrome Emblems), VQK (Splash Guards). Ron Fellows COS Graduates (R & K), Spring Mountain - North Track, April 13, 2021.

Comment

Hi John,
                          Here is a good page with many of the tracks:
                          https://www.springmountainmotorsport...ity/race-track

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X