• Flyover Gives Us a Different Perspective of the Corvette Assembly Plant

Click image for larger version

Name:	022521_135.jpg
Views:	5394
Size:	210.1 KB
ID:	244607

Crossposted from CorvetteBlogger.com
    Photo Credits: Adam K. Ellison

It’s been a little while since our friend Adam Ellison has taken to the air around Bowling Green to offer us a birds-eye view of the Corvette Assembly Plant.

On Thursday morning, the “Sort of Licensed Troubleshooter” drove his #007 Silver Flare Corvette to the airport and offers us this new gallery of photos showing the Corvette Assembly Plant, the National Corvette Museum, and the NCM Motorsports Park taken at an altitude of over 1,000 feet!

Behind the Corvette Assembly Plant lies a vast parking lot for completed 2021 Corvettes where they are staged and assembled for transports. Despite the reduced production this month due to the earlier plant closures, the lot looks as busy as ever! We can view the Corvettes wrapped in their white transport covers while closer to the rear of the facility is a sea of multi-colored Corvettes that will soon be wrapped once they’ve completed all quality checks and are signed off to ship.

After taking a number of photos over the Corvette Assembly Plant, Adam then gets some altitude and offers up some great photos of the National Corvette Museum and the NCM Motorsports Park. We know from last week’s weather reports how bad things were up there, but now, just a little over a week later, and the ground is mostly cleared of snow.

We appreciate Adam sharing these photos with us!

Source:
    Photos by Adam K. Ellison

Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Wow a lot of C8's waiting for Delivery
    [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
    [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Awesome Pics, Thanks

Comment

Thanks Corvetteblogger and Thanks Adam for the Fantastic Birds Eye Views.
        Rocket City Florida

Comment

Anybody know where the facility is, where they install the stripes on the cars?

Comment

Great photos! Glad to see the MECF Air Force in operation. Thanks.
            Last edited by Boomer; 02-25-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks for these pictures! With all the part shortage and weather delays this month and upcoming shutdown next week, it's great to see some encouraging news that there's plenty of completed Corvettes that are about to be shipped.

Comment

Lots of red ones!
                Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by bigal8866 View Post
                  Anybody know where the facility is, where they install the stripes on the cars?
                  Is not it the paint shop? These cars are covered by protective [white] wraps. The stripes are on and covered.

Comment

I just love seeing these shots. What a perspective. This is only one manufacturer and one model. They are going to make around 30,000 of these this year.
                    As a matter of fact, my yellow one is in that shot (though it might be covered in the white wrapping paper).

Plentyfast And to think, this looks like it's only %40 full? I think the last flyover showed the entire upper lot filled also.
                    2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

Thank you Adam for the Amazing photos. 😎
                      HTC black Z51 mag ride lift 3LTcustom interior adrenalin red two tone seats red stitchingfull length racing stripe, carbon flashmirror, carbon fibershadow gray accentsbattery protectionedge red caliperstrident spoke painted silvermuseum deliverycarbon fiber grillcarbon fiber hash marks/edge redcarbon fiber ground effectsGT2bucket seatscarbon fiber interior trimsuede steering wheeltwo tone seatspremium floor mats(splash guards

Comment

Originally posted by Sabre View Post
                        I just love seeing these shots. What a perspective. This is only one manufacturer and one model. They are going to make around 30,000 of these this year.
                        As a matter of fact, my yellow one is in that shot (though it might be covered in the white wrapping paper).

Plentyfast And to think, this looks like it's only %40 full? I think the last flyover showed the entire upper lot filled also.
                        They need parts if they are going to reach that 30,000 number we are hoping for. They have a finely tuned system when the right amount of fuel mixture is in place
                        Rapid Blue 3LT, HTO Tension Blue, Z51, 5ZZ, E60, ZZ3, ZYC, FE4, J6N, FA5, Q8Q, SHW, VJR, C2Q, R8C

Comment

Originally posted by rickg747 View Post
                          They need parts if they are going to reach that 30,000 number we are hoping for. They have a finely tuned system when the right amount of fuel mixture is in place
                          Sigh .... yes I'm afraid you are right ... I am such the optimist. John talked me off the ledge about a year ago when I said 35k for 2021. I bet hey will hit 25 though.... 23?
                          48K for 2022!!!!! ( I can hear John swooping in right now).

2021 Coupe, AYellow,z51,Mag,2LT,JetBlk,GT2,LIft,Dual RoofTransparent Deposit:4/20; 2000 12/18/20; 3800 2/22/21;4200 3/1/21; 5000 3/3/21

Comment

WOW, what great photos. Sure are a lot of white Corvettes down thar. Are they not building any other colors, duh huh. A lot more exciting than seeing white snow on the ground.
                            THANK YOU, Nice Aerials.

Comment

Originally posted by SheepDog View Post

Is not it the paint shop? These cars are covered by protective [white] wraps. The stripes are on and covered.
                              The stripes are applied in a separate building after the car is completed and comes off the line.
                              Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X