This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Production shutdown

Detroit News reporting the plant will close next week. Transmissions. Couldn't read the link as it was subscriber only.

So close but so far..... Hope this isn't true but it would not surprise me if it is.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo!!
      '21 C8 HTC- Torch Red, Z51, GT2 in Black/Adrenaline two-tone, FE4, D84, E60, Q8T,...

Comment

😂 I never thought about the need to stay alive long enough to get the Keys to a C8
        [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]
        [Current 1999 C5 Z51 Magnetic Red Coupe]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

If you guys want to read the article yourselves. One step forward, two steps back.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us
          '21 Convertible; 2LT, GPH, HTA, Z51, D84, ZYC, FE4, J6A, Q8T, STI, 3F9, R8C
          Deposit Down: July 22nd, 2019 - 1000
          GM Accepted: Jan 23rd, 2021 - 2000
          Accepted by Production Control: Jan 26th, 2021 - 3000
          Preliminary TPW: 4/19
          Estimated Museum Delivery - Week of 5/3

Comment

Originally posted by PSDeGeorge View Post
            If you guys want to read the article yourselves. One step forward, two steps back.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=us
            The transmission is made in Canada correct?
            [2021 2LT-Z51-HTC-Red Mist-Carbon Flash Nacelles-Mirrors-Spoiler][GT2 Sky Cool Grey 2-Tone Torch Red Belts][E60 - FE4 - RC8]

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

Not yet. Now some small parts for it are made in Mexico but the majority and its assemblage is in Michigan. They are building a new factory in Canada that among other items, it will manufacture DCT’s.
              GBA Black; HTO Twilight/Tension interior; Z51 & Mag Ride; E60 lift; 5VM visible carbon fiber package; 5ZZ high wing; FA5 interior vis CF; ZZ3 engine appearance; 3LT; Q8T Spectra Gray Tridents; J6N Edge Red Calipers; SNG Edge Red Hashmarks; VQK Splash Guards; RCC Edge Red engine cover; VJR illuminated sill plates. Lifetime, annual contributors, and 23 year members of National Corvette Museum. Home is the beautiful Pacific Northwest.

Comment

Corvette production will be halted next week. Here's why

Kalea Hall
                The Detroit News

Detroit — Production of the 2021 Chevrolet Corvette Stringray will be down next week as General Motors Co. battles a supply constraint, the automaker confirmed Wednesday.

The Bowling Green, Kentucky, plant that makes the sports car has already faced down time this year because of a supply constraint that isn't related to a global shortage of semiconductors. The plant is now expected to be down another week from March 1 to March 5 due to a transmission parts supply issue.It was also down the weeks of Feb. 1 and Feb. 8 for the same issue.

"Our supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams are working closely with our supply base to mitigate any further impact on production, and we expect the plant to resume normal operations on Monday, March 8," GM spokesman David Barnas said in a statement to The Detroit News.

Meanwhile, GM and other automakers are battling a semiconductor supply shortage that has curbed production of various models. The Detroit automaker has said its goal is to protect its "most popular and in-demand products, including full-size trucks and SUVs and Corvettes for our customers."

Since early February, GM halted production through mid-March at the Fairfax, Kansas, plant where the Cadillac XT4 and the Chevrolet Malibu are built, the CAMI plant in Ontario where the Chevrolet Equinox is built, and the San Luis Potosi plant in Mexico where the Equinox, the Chevrolet Trax and the GMC Terrain SUVs are built.

GM isn't alone. Ford Motor Co., after having to reduce production at some of its F-150 plants previously, will shut down its Oakville Assembly Complex in Ontario where the Ford Edge and Lincoln Nautilus are built next week because of the shortage.

Overall, analysts from the IHS Markit research firm expect the semiconductor shortage to cost the industry nearly 1 million units of production in the first quarter. The issue is expected to hit bottom at the end of March, but the supply will remain tight into the third quarter, IHS says.

President Joe Biden issued an executive order Wednesday for a review of U.S. supply chains with a focus on key sectors affecting the U.S. auto industry, including semiconductor manufacturing, high-capacity batteries used in electric vehicles and rare earth minerals.
                Senior Editor and Founder of CorvetteBlogger.com. I drive my dad's 1966 Corvette Sting Ray Convertible and the National Corvette Museum is my personal Graceland.

Comment

Originally posted by Plentyfast View Post

The transmission is made in Canada correct?
                  Maybe. The new Canada plant is supposed to open "1st quarter 2021." Until then, the DCT is manufactured by Tremec in Michigan. Don't know if the new plant has come online yet or not.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/c...nt-151435.html

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2020...n-autoworkers/

One article indicates Tremec will stop making it, the other implies both factories will remain open. My guess is that the Canadian plant will build the DCT for the Stingray, while the Tremec plant will build the uprated version for the Z06.

The website for the St. Catherine's powertrain plant doesn't list the DCT as one of their products yet:

https://plants.gm.com/Facilities/pub...ines/news.html
                  Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Oh, and as far as the delay goes. At this point, all I can do is say I'll get it when I get it. At least I'm at 3000, so I'm pretty confident I'll get a 2021.
                    Current C7:SunKissed, 2015 2LT, 7MT, Black over Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic, Stingray convertible

Status 3000: 2021 2LT HTC, Red Mist Metallic Tintcoat, two-tone Natural w/ suede inserts, FE2, NPP Nickname TBD

Proud member of the Old Dominion Corvette Club.

Never grow up - It's a trap.

Comment

Ok didn't know that, I thought the Plant was already open.

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

meyerweb agreed. What’s the old saying, “absence makes the heart grow fonder” yeah. 😂
                        07/01/20 Deposit @ VanBortels on 2021 C8 Coupe; 08/01/20 Prelim Order Status 1100; 01/21/21 Final Order Status 2000; 01/27/21 Status 3000; 03/06/21 Status 3300 (TPW 03/22/21); 03/16/21 Status 3400; 03/22/21 Status 3800; 03/23/21 Status 4B00; 03/26/21 Status 4D00: Status 4200; 04/02/21; 04/06/21 Status 5000; 2LT Coupe; GMO; DSZ; Q8Q; HTA; AQ9; E60; FE2; NPP; ERI

”You only live once, but, if you live right, once is enough “

Comment

Dang. I had a slim chance of an August delivery. Now I hope I get a 21 in September.
                          2021 HTC on order with 2LT, front lift, msrc, npp, elb with two tone seats, and gray hash marks. September first delivery??

Comment

Sounds like 2021 will have different issues for C8 production but the result will be the same for those waiting for their car. Yoyo expectations and emotions on when you will get your car. All I can say is that the car will make you smile when it finally arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidM View Post
                              Sounds like 2021 will have different issues for C8 production but the result will be the same for those waiting for their car. Yoyo expectations and emotions on when you will get your car. All I can say is that the car will make you smile when it finally arrives.
                              When I see The NCM in my Rearview Mirror, then I'll know I'm done with the Ordering Process and have moved on to the Ownership Process

Deposit June 18 2020

Comment

MECF_728x90_bottom

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X